Alchymist Nosticova Palace
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$195
US$364
US$277
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssister hotelcharles bridgemala stranagothic roomquiet streetjunior suiteold towngrand hotelprague castlesmall hotelshort walkbeautiful roomevery eveningsparkling winedinner reservationstop floorwonderful hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2010

A very nice place where to stay for long .....
Quality of the Staff from the first mail to the end.....-)))
Udge Suite fitted with a great piano
Desesperate to leave....

Thanks to all of you

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank pationata
Lucie040872, manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2010

Thank you very much, we hope to welcome you soon again. Nice regards, Lucie Nizka, Resident Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2010

We spent the Easter weekend at the Alchymist Nosticova (there are two Alchymist hotels in Prague) for our wedding anniversary. This is not a big, modern hotel chain ~ this is a small gem of a boutique hotel, very old-fashioned, very charming. I'm talking gold tassels on the curtains, sparkling chandeliers everywhere - even tiny ones in the bathroom! - oil paintings and monogrammed sheets and slippers. Unusual decorations; carved wooden carousel horses and knight's suit of armour. Perfect for a romantic retreat. The room was immaculately clean and had all the comforts of slippers, robes, fully stocked minibar, dvd player, etc. We had dinner one night in the Crystal room section of the restaurant - this is a room almost completely covered in many small mirrors, with plush animal-print chairs. By daylight, this might be rather gaudy, but at night by the room is lit by the chandeliers and it's like being inside a shimmering jewel-box. The food was excellent and the waiters very good. All the staff were great, but the receptionist was amazing, the perfect combination of friendliness and professionalism. Every request was performed with a smile and she was a total pleasure to deal with. The location of the hotel is great; in a quiet street away from the noisy, crowded areas but within easy walking distance of all the sights. We greatly enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank OtterAbroad

Thank you very much for the review, it make us very happy to hear such nice words regarding your impression from the stay. Yours sincerely, Lucie, Resident Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2010

I just can't say enough good things about the Residence Nosticova. You know, nice people really do make a diffference, and every person we encountered here was as nice and friendly as can be. We were traveling with our little boy and my parents so we booked two rooms. My parents were on the 3rd floor in Blancha and we were in the special Royal apartment on the 4th floor.
The location of the property is quiet and there is a nice little park with the David Cerney installation Babies just steps from the front door. There was never any street noise in the rooms and the surrounding area was safe and clean.
Peter provided transportation in his van from the train station and to the airport. He was prompt and friendly, willing to answer all of our questions. He was a safe driver.
The ladies who worked at the front desk were all as nice as could be. I wanted to get a massage and they promptly scheduled it and called me as soon as the therapist had arrived-all within an hour.
Our room on the 4th was quite spacious with views of Prague Castle and Petrin Hill. Very beautiful by day and night. My son loved giving piano recitals in the living room and it was nice to have to WC's. The larger bathroom has a large soaking tub with a handheld shower. I do have to say that I thought the bed in this room wasn't very comfortable. It was very creaky and every time you rolled over it creaked. I actually slept a night on the pull out in the living room and it was much better. My parents room on the 3rd floor had a very comfortable bed and did not creak, and their bathroom had a usual bath/shower combination. Their apartment didn't have the space ours had, or the two WC's, or the beautiful views, but theirs would certainly accomodate a family as a child could have slept on the pull up coach.
Breakfast was included in our rate and it was delicious. A very sweet blond girl worked most of the mornings we were there and she was lovely. We had delicious coffee, a meat and cheese plate, bread basket, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and then our choice of one hot item. I had the scrambled eggs with ham and cheese every morning and they were incredible.
We walked absolutely everywhere from the property. Cafe de Paris is just around the corner and we had a wonderful dinner there two nights in a row. I'd also recommend the Cafe Savoy. We found it on our last day; if I'd found it sooner we'd have eaten there twice too!
Again, I can't stress enough how very nice all the people who work at Nosticova are. I'd gladly take the creaky bed again and am willing to give this property perfect marks because it really was magical.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank Chellebell
Lucie040872, manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2010

Our most sincere thanks for the review.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

I never book anywhere these days without referring to Trip Advisor. Having booked the flights I searched Prague hotels and booked this one direct. It can be difficult to find if you use a Google map, as we did, so note that this particular map is incorrect. The hotel is small yet perfectly formed and in a great location for all the sights of Prague. We were upgraded to a suite which had a huge bed in a large sumptuously decorated room with a separate dressing area and modern bathroom. The staff and service provided are all great and your every wish is their command. We did not eat in the hotel restaurant (perhaps we should have done) but can recommend a Spanish tapas restaurant and bar nearby called 'El Centro' for huge portions of tapas and very friendly service. When staying in Prague I would definately recommend this side of the river. It's quieter with a more 'up market' and slightly bohemian feel. That said, its only a short hop over the Charles Bridge to all the other sights. My other recommendation would be to check out the BBC weather report before you leave and remember that central Europe can be more than just a bit chilly to us Brits used to a more temperate zone so get the thermals in the suitcase and wrap up well.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Ladymaca
Lucie040872, manager at Alchymist Nosticova Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 10 March 2010

My fiancee and I stayed at the Residence Nosticova 3 nights over Valentine. We had booked a suite and it was our first trip to Prague. The suite was absolutely gorgeous, a bit like an attic apartment and had a large bathtub/spa bath in the large bathroom and even a Piano in the living room. The hotel itself is very boutique-style, small and personal and has the same old-fashioned charm that so enchants Prague itself. Breakfast every morning was simple but high quality and definitely enough to get full and the breakfast room was cosy. The staff was wonderful and helpful and especially the manager Lucie and receptionist Sladjana made us feel at home! Lucie even wrote us several weeks after we returned to our home country, to tell us that the roses I had ordered for my fiancee had lasted a full two weeks after we left and that in Czech it was a sign of long lasting love. Very romantic and thoughtful of her. Prague by the way is amazing in itself and I we can highly recommend Café Savoy not from from the hotel for a good meal or an excellent Valrhona chocolate milk. One late night we felt hungry went to get takeaway from the thai-place Noi Noi just around the corner. We got a large portion and it tasted great. We will most certainly come back to the Nosticova next time we visit Prague!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
12  Thank gromek

Thank you very much for your review!