“Good hotel in an ideal location”
Review of Hotel Atlantic

Hotel Atlantic
Ranked #172 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Valletta, Malta
“Good hotel in an ideal location”
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night in August 2014 and I can say that this hotel met my expectations. I booked an airport transfer a week before my arrival and I booked another airport transfer on the day of departure at my own convenience without any problems. The taxi drivers and even the hotel staff in general were very helpful and friendly. Upon arrival they provided me with a map and tours booklet and indicated the main sites that I visit during my very short stay.

The hotel is just footsteps away from the centre making it an ideal location.

As stated in other reviews, the room was quite hot but it didn't bother me during the night as temperatures decrease and I was already aware of it.

Overall it was a lovely experience.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Rebecca182

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 September 2014

As European rooms go, this is one of the largest we've had. The staff is very helpful, and assisted us in confirming pre-reserved tours that we booked back in the States. They helped us find a really good restaurant nearby, the Kolkovna Celnice. Internet access worked great. Location is easily within walking distance of the train station and all the main sights around Old Town.

• Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg L
United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and son had enjoyed their stay here five years ago, but our experience this time was quite unpleasant. First of all, if you are driving a car, you need to reserve a parking spot (they have only six spots), but nowhere in the information we were sent did we see this. You had to dig pretty deep to find it. So when we arrived, we were told quite curtly that we were on our own for parking because we had not made a reservation. The staff directed us to the Ibis Hotel down the street for parking, but they were full. At least the Ibis staff were courteous and tried to help us out, in contrast to the Hotel Atlantic staff who looked at us blankly and disdainfully. While we were trying to resolve this issue--parking in this part of the city is tough-- our son was left trying to get several bags into the lobby, and no one from the staff even made an attempt to help out. Then we had to listen to a prolonged and loud lecture from the manager about how rude we were. I was truly shocked to hear this! I really don't think we deserved that, and in all my 40+ years of traveling around the world for business and as a tourist, have never had an experience like this. It is the job of the manager to make things better, not worse. (We note that while we were at the registration desk, two other parties were experiencing difficulties with their booking and the staff, and cancelled their respective stays and walked out.) Goodness--not a nice introduction to Prague and certainly not what you would expect from professionals in the travel industry. The hotel itself is pretty shabby, dirty carpets and a strong, obnoxious smell (cleaning products?) in the hallways. Breakfast was weird--was it leftover food from other meals? I would not stay here again nor can I recommend it. There are several other hotel options in the same general location with a more professional staff and nicer accommodations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DB614
KaterinaValihrachova, Front Office Manager at Hotel Atlantic, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Madam,

I am sorry to read this story described in such a subjective manner, but I understand that Tripadvisor is about subjective opinion.

As you mention, you were not aware of the fact you have to reserve the parking place in advance. Need of advance reservation is clearly stated on all sites where parking posibility is presented. Your husband told me that he had requested parking and even some family member should have called to reconfirm that. On the other hand as we understood from you, parking was not reserved and also there was no note about this in your reservation.

We understand that these things simply happen sometimes and 2 of our staff members tried to solve this situation by searching alternative posibilities. Despite this fact you husband claimed no one takes care so I came from my office to see what is going on. We had a discussion about the situation and in the middle of it you husband simply walked away. This is something I find unsuitable (as you say rude, but I would never use such words in context with our clients). Yet I did not comment it, just asked if our conversation ended, wished him a nice stay and walked away. I understand that clients might be a little tense especially after a long journey and do not intend in any way to worsen the situation.

Your husband realized this as well, and even asked the reception staff to call me again and apologised for this stressed reaction. And I am grateful for that. Unfortunatly when it nearly seemed we will close this up in a rational and friendly way, you came into our conversation and inflamed the discussaion once more.

My position in the hotel of course includes efforts to solve troubles and/or escalated situations, on the other hand I also have to react to baseless accusations.

After the original inconveniences I was still hoping you will have a good time and I feel sorry to hear that your overall impression is so unpleasant.

With kind regards

Katerina Valihrachova
front office manager
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Always stay at the Atlantic as it's perfectly positioned in the city.

Could probably be improved by adding air-conditioning, because as I lie in bed writing this it is very hot even with the window open. It's not winter yet, so why the duvet?

Maybe an update on the shower would be a good idea too but it's not too important.

Breakfast has been good and the staff are friendly, as usual.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Buddingtons
Cookstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel Atlantic is in a good location. It is just a short walk from the main square and very accessible from the airport. The staff are very friendly and offered good recommendations of things to do and places to see. Rooms are clean and spacious and everything needed for a city break.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank pdevlin39
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Very good hotel in an excellent central location close to shops and restaurants with trams running outside. Room was clean and tidy. Breakfast buffet good and hotel staff friendly. This was a great hotel choice for my city break to Prague.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank JRH0403
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in prime location for sights. Large rooms with modern bathrooms, although carpets could do with a clean. No kettle or facilities to make hot drinks. Wifi was good. Large selection at breakfast but could give more variety of fruit. Friendly helpful staff. Overall a great place to stay when visiting Prague.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple