Green Garden Hotel
Preferred Hotels
US$73
US$71
1,261 results
All reviewsold townpavlova metro stationgreat hotelp pavlovaminute walkwenceslas squarerecommend this hotelspoke good englishpublic transporthotel restaurantcity centrespecial thanksmini barenjoyable staythe hotel is cleanroom was spaciousbeautiful city
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We have just returned from a 4 night break in Prague. The hotel was spotlessly clean, quiet and staff were very helpful and friendly. Well appointed rooms and a good spread for breakfast. Food and drinks were reasonably priced too It was just a 10 minute stroll from Wenceslas Square which was the start of the town centre. My only criticism was that it would have been nice to have had one or two more English speaking tv channels as after a hard days sightseeing ( we walked miles and miles in Prague over cobbled streets!) we like to relax for a while with a glass of wine in the room before going to sleep and Sky news on a rolling programme wasn't really the light entertainment we would have preferred, a minor point I know but thought I would point it out for others. We caught a 'Fix' taxi from the airport and promptly booked them for the return trip, spotlessly clean cabs and well priced. ( We did get fleeced with AAA cabs which I know some people have recommended, so beware!) Overall a super little hotel and Prague is magnificent.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor which was perfectly nice and well furnished with very comfortable beds, although not much of a view. Super bathroom and powerful shower with good hairdryer and shaver point too. We kept the window open at night as it was very warm when we stayed and the option of ac seemed to have been replaced with a heating option due to the time of year. Although there was traffic noise it didn't disturb us. Sirens are a constant during the day but do seem to quieten down through the night so we didn't find them a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen688
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The hotel is situated about 15-20 min walk from the Old Town but nevertheless it is a very good location for a stay in Prague. The staff has been very friendly and helpful, the rooms have been clean and comfortable. We didn't get bothered too much by the quite busy streets east and west of the hotel mainly thanks to very good windows. Rooms have air-condition so no problems to keep the windows shut during hot days either. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wag74
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed here with friends for a 4 day break and the hotel was an excellent choice. I would certainly recommend and stay in again. The staff were excellent nothing was too much trouble, the hotel restaurant was very good value for money with a good choice on the menu. The rooms were very very clean and comfortable, I don't think I have stayed in such a clean hotel. Breakfast was included in the package and there was a wide range of food to choose from. The hotel was in a good location for getting into the city by foot or on the number 22 tram.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during our recent visit to Prague. The presentation of the hotel was exemplary and it was incredibly clean throughout. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The hotel is about a 5 min walk from the nearest metro and 15 mins to wenceslas square, which was fine for us. Overall It's hard to pick a fault. I'd say the breakfast offering was average and when we did go for breakfast it was hard to find a free clean table but for the price we paid this was a minor grumble.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have been impressed since I first arrived! The folks that work here are true professionals at what they do - a very good [and not all that common] manifestation of pride in their performance.

The rooms, too, are very comfortable and just have a safe feeling to them. Nice and quiet, which is important for me to get a good, deep sleep, which I need even when on vacation!

The breakfast provided is pretty good as well. I really need to get down there a bit earlier or I might miss out on some of the offerings.

Oh, and I definitely urge you to take advantage of the massage therapist, Kostya, I believe his name is [and please forgive if I misspelled]. He just gave me one of the most satisfying neck and back manipulations I've had in a really long time. WOW! I would schedule FREQUENT sessions if I was going to be here any longer. Very confident and well-practiced method in his approach, he is a master at his work.

If/when I make it back to Prague, I WILL be staying here again.

Room Tip: I can't speak with knowledge as to the full spectrum of spa services available. I did take advantage of the masseur, but did not notice, nor take advantage of, others that might have been there. On room recommendations, I cannot say with any degree of competence what the experience would be on any other floor or other room. I CAN, though, tell you that room 503 was excellent! So I'll take a spitball at this one and just declare with no authority or competence that room 503 is the best in the hotel! If/when I return [see above], I will throw caution to the wind and assume the hotel is looking out for me and will naturally place me in the best room in the hotel, for the sole reason that I think I am worth it, whether anyone else does or not! Seriously, though, I don't spend a lot of time worrying about such trifles. If you aren't satisfied with what you get, you CAN ask for something else. I get the impression that the people who own and operate this hotel GET that point, and they go out of their way to make your [my] experience a pleasant one, and I, for one, very much appreciate that. It enriches my experience and also causes a thirst for more.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo