“Mediocre back to 80'ties”

Ranked #198 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Although nothing specific can be criticized about this hotel, it just does not feel right. The location is good if you need to go for business in the local area of "Pankrac" (which was my case). The rooms are nice however a bit outdated. The breakfast was plain and reminded me of the "good old communist times". The price was very competitive so I guess I can't complain too much.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Simple on-line booking, great price, parking included, this worked out very well for us.
In the Arkady Mall next door is the metro station Pankrac. Just a few minutes to downtown.

We also ate dinner in the restaurant, pricing was reasonable. They offer a French wine as an alternate to local wine. This is a nation for beer-drinking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Agnew_Mark, General Manager at Panorama Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your very nice review as well as for choosing Panorama Hotel for your stay in Prague.  I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here and appreciated the reasonable services we are offering.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

General Maneger

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We spent three nights here in December visiting the Christmas markets. Took a bus from the airport to the central station and then a cab to the hotel. Next time we will simply get on the c line metro at the bus stop and get off at Pankrac station 8 minutes later. It's a two minute walk to the hotel past the Arkady Mall.
Check in was fast and efficient, I booked at king room but had listed myself as solo by error though I was traveling with my wife. Lenka fixed the booking in seconds with a smile and a few keystrokes. We were up on the 9th floor facing south with a fine view of miles of Soviet era apartment blocks. I'd suggest trying for a west facing room, it might have better views.

The room had a huge bed, firm which we like. Decent size room too. TV was a 32 inch and we had pretty good free wifi. Faster than a lot of five star hotels I've stayed in. Small but good bathroom. Everything was very clean and the maid service was excellent. The room looked new every time she was done.

We didn't try the restaurants so no comment here. We generally like to eat out so no reflection on the hotel at all, it's just us. They do have two good souvenir shops on property with a good selection and decent prices. You can buy here without the fear of being gouged.

At first we were a bit disappointed with the location but after the second day changed our minds. It's a two minute walk to the C metro station Pankrac and then 8 minutes ( 60p) to Muzeum station on Wenceslas Square. On reflection we decided that the peace and quite of the Panorama are well worth the travel. Staying in Prague 4 instead of downtown at Prague 1 adds 6 to 8 minutes travel but gives you a quiet place to sleep, avoiding the midnight stag and hen party drunks and other noise. You'll get a better class of hotel for a better price too. There is the Arkady mall a minutes walk from the hotel stuffed with shops and restaurants and a supermarket.

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We had an issue with the TV remote and in 5 minutes the manager was up. He couldn't fix it and was in the process of calling a technician ( at 9pm ) to come out and fix it when the remote started working. Can't ask for better service than that.

The only thing we missed was a kettle or tea and coffee facilities in our room. Small thing but I can't find anything else to complain about !

We will book here on our next trip to Prague.

Room Tip: Not sure but try asking for a west facing room , the view might be better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LeighR412

Dear Valued Guest,

Please allow us to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the travelers on TripAdvisor. It was delightful to read how much you liked our hotel and we would especially like to thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff, the cleanliness, and the great location where you can find everything you need. Regarding the kettle/tea&coffee facilities let me inform you that we are working on it so our guest can enjoy this type of service in near future.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Stayed in the hotel between November 29th-December2nd. The hotel is four stations from the city center, Museum station. located near Panckrac station, which can be accessed from a shopping center near the Hotel - Arkady Pankrac' (ground floor), no need to walk outdoor.

Be aware that the hotel includes smoking & non-smoking rooms, assure that you receive the suitable room.

Breakfast is regular but very good, standard European breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for nice review of our hotel. We are very pleased that you like our superb location. Our breakfast is very diverse offering the opportunity to start the day the right way.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I signed up to specifically rate this hotel. Starting with the fact that the room itself looked very worn out, stained carpets, stained chairs etc. The towels were so old you could see through them, had holes in them and also the bed linen had big holes.
Ordered room service (spag bol) which was served with old stale bread from the breakfast and reminded me of bad school dinners.
Most annoying thing is the fact that they only have 4 lifts meaning a minimum waiting time of 10 minutes before you can squeeze on one and 2 people serving a huge check out queue. Meant I had no time for breakfast every day and ran late for my meetings.
Also had the same problem with the taxi as already mentioned. Get a number online and avoid double prices from the hotel.
This hotel might be a treat for a 20 year old backpacker but for anyone else it ain't.

3  Thank Tanj M

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding Panorama Hotel Prague. We truly value your honest comments; your review is important to us, because it gives us the opportunity to improve. We hope that you still had a nice and enjoyable time in Prague.
It would be my pleasure to speak to you in person regarding the room service issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

1. Water pressure issue in the bathroom. Mentioned to the staff. They did not care at all

2. At the restaurant, wine is described as Bordeaux 2010 on the menu but they serve you Bordeaux 2012. For same price!

3. After check out, I asked for a TAXI to go to my office. They told me the waiting time was 3 min. After 10min, the concierge came to say the "Car" will arrive. I mentioned again that I don't want a car but a normal taxi. He said "no problem". After 15min waiting, the "car" arrived (with inscription of another hotel name on the door), I gave him the address but he did not know where it was exactly and it took him over 10min to find the place (hopefully, I've been to the place before so I was able to help, otherwise he would just have left me at the wrong place). Consequently, I arrived 10min later as expected. Then he asked me 590 (instead of 350 paid the day before with a real taxi). I've called the hotel as I didn't want to pay such a price for a service that I did not request. The receptionist answered that for them, if you order a taxi at reception, they send you a private car so it is my fault as I should have asked for a specific "name" of taxi (AAA)... Incredible!!! This is just a shame. Will never ever come again in this hotel and will make sure that my friends and colleagues will do the same

3  Thank Karen B
Agnew_Mark, General Manager at Panorama Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Ms Karen,

I would like to thank you for choosing Panorama Hotel Prague for your stay.

I would like to also thank you for your further information you have provided us with.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was about 5 times in this Hotel for my Business Trips to Praque.

The Hotel is 4 Stations with C-line from Museum Close to the "Pankrakz" Arcady - a nice Shopping Mall with all Kind of Stores, Restaurants and Supermarket.

The Hotel is very clean and the Staff is nice and friendly. At 1th Flor, there is a inhouse Casino where you can Play Black Jack, Roulette etc.

The Breakfast is regular Continental Buffett, in Business Rooms you have a seperate Aerea where you can have breakfast with Service for Koffe, Tea or Juice.

At the Groundfloor you can have nice Drinks and some smaller Food like Sandwich, wraps or burger. The Food and Drinks are good Quality and regular pricing (9E for Cocktails, 11E for a Burger)

Service at the bar depends on who works there. i have some very good expiriances and some not so good (Long time waiting for get recognized, waiting for Drinks etc)

Sometimes the Hotel is full of bus traveling Groups (most time i see some asian People, but russians are also seems to love this Hotel). But These Groups get their brakefast in a seperate room so there is no issue with this (exept Elevator)

The Roof Top Gym has a nice Pool and also an Whirlpool. There is also a Gym but i wasnt us it. The Massages there are depending on the Person who give the massage. but it is allways not this bad...

With a small tip you can stay directly in front of the Hotel with your car but there is also a Garage direclty near the Hotel, but with 20E / day it is a liitle bit expensive.

Overall, Panorama is a great choice if you do not want to stay directly in the middle of the City but with Metro you are able to get there quite fast and easy (and cheap also - 24Czk per way)

I totally recommand this Hotel - and if you book directly at the Hotels reception or Reservation Service instead of some agencys, you will get the best Price

Have fun and enjoy Praha
Martin

Room Tip: The Business Rooms are a Little bit more expensive, but including Spa, breakfast and Business Lounge...