“Ok for the day”

Ranked #197 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We booked a room for one night-check in saturday and check out sunday.

-Room was alright, had to move the beds together.
-When we checked in the front desk guy was super friendly and even upgraded us to a free breakfast---which we didnt use as we woke up late
-Once checked in, we were informed that the pool, sauna, hot tub etc was only available if you paid 15 euros extra per night..... for a four star hotel you would think that this would be included in the cost.
-Upon leaving for the night out we asked the front desk guy (totally different person) if he could call us a 5 person cab, he informed us that this was not possible... and he kept telling us to calm down when we were clearly not yelling or doing anything out of the normal except asking how this could not be possible for him to do so. His exact words were "if you calm down I will help you"... odd for someone who clearly was simply trying to understand why it wasn't possible. In the end he gave us a bus number and told us where to get on.. although we were already annoyed by then. Oh on our way home... we took an 8 seater cab so I cannot comprehend how this was not feasible for him to do
-In the morning at approximately 10 am.. the cleaning lady literally just walked into our room. No knock whatsoever.. then proceeded to slam the door shut with no apology.
-Upon check out, the same guy that checked us in was there... and he was cold that day and upon check in he informed us that it was ok to check out late since it was a sunday and was not going to be busy. We checked out approximately 30 minutes late as our safe was not opening in the second room we had. He got annoyed when we told him that we needed to go and when I informed him of the mishap in the morning he simply said she was cleaning the room and laughed when I told him she didn't knock.
-One plus, there was a mall literally around the corner and the bus/subway was as well.

For a four stay this was mediocre and I would only stay here to pass the night. Simply a hotel I would just use for sleep purposes and not relaxation or a romantic stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it was fantastic.the rooms on 22nd floor were nice. The cleaners were not noisy and the rooms were spotlessly cleaned daily. The staff at the reception were nice and spoke English. My friend has managed to convince his American company to always book here as he flies in to Prague regularly for work. The hotel is 100 metres from Arkady, the largest shopping mall in Czech Republic. Metro Station Pankrac is just 200 m away and is a 8 minute ride to the city centre.
Only down side is the expensive parking. But there are cheap private pakings around. So, no problem. I will come again

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isaac K
Agnew_Mark, General Manager at Panorama Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Isaac K,

Your wonderful review of our property will be shared with our associates. Our rooms are cleaned „spotlessly“.
daily. I would like to also bring to your and your friend’s attention that you can find special offers on our website like „park & stay "which is specially tailored to those guests who prefer to travel by car.
Its nice to hear that you will visit us again. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for nearly 9 days for business, and couldn't be more pleased with this hotel! Firstly, as is already clearly explained by many, the location is perfect. It is just a few steps from the metro, shopping mall and some major roads. From room to metro takes about 5 minutes to walk, and before you know it, you're at your destination. The hotel staff are really friendly and helpful. I don't know what it is, but for some reason hotel employees in the Canadian hotels I've been in were always professional, but come off fake, here, they are both friendly and just "nice". The young men who were managing out business meetings were top notch - present but not intrusive, professional but friendly. The restaurant staff were great also. The food ranges from good to downright excellent. This is not your standard frozen dinner food!

My room was clean and inviting. The bathrooms were awesome, with a nice deep bathtub. Even in places most people never look, things were clean. The cleaning staff even lined up my own items (usb cables, chargers, etc) on the table...these are special touches I've never experienced anywhere else, and I definitely took notice! Thank you...

Be sure to either bring your own iron, or be prepared to pay for ironing service, or access an iron in the lobby (I asked, so I know, but ended up not using it).

All in all, if I'm ever back to Prague again, I won't even think twice about which hotel to stay in: it will be here, at Hotel Panorama! Thank you for a wonderful nine days!

• Stayed: August 2014
Agnew_Mark, General Manager at Panorama Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Alex S,

I was happy to learn of your great satisfaction with the services provided by our associates. I have taken the liberty of passing your compliments on to them. Such positive feedback is the best reward we can achieve and this is the strongest motivation for the entire Team!
Your compliments about our „inviting room, awesome deep bathtub“ and cleanliness are appreciated. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly next time you will be planning your stay with us. I would like to thank you personally.
I will be looking forward to meeting you.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really very good. I found the staff to be courteous and helpful. The bar staff (Jaroslav especially) willing to attempt our requests for non-standard drinkies. The spa area on the 24th floor is really very good and open quite late which is nice,10pm. The hotel is not in the centre of town but in a cluster of tall buildings near a shopping mall and 4 stops from the metro station, 5 minutes away. We found Lucie the concierge to be particularly helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mr Paul L,

First of all thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague. Its always nice to acknowledge that our associates were able to exceed your expectations. We have already forwarded your kind words to Jaroslav and Lucie. Our wonderful location allows our guests to easily discover beautiful city of Prague also offers unique shopping experience at Arkády Shopping Centre which is located few steps from our property but most out of all our Top Deck Wellness & Fitness has amazing Panoramic view of Prague especially later during the evening is wonderful to watch the busy city from our relaxing Jacuzzi or pool. I am happy to read that you find our hotel „great find“

Thank you again.

We will look forwas to welcoming you back at Panorma Hotel Prague.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The hotel is located about 250 meters from the metro station Pankrác. In its vicinity are several business centers and shopping center. One of the highest hotels in Prague. The higher you live, the more you have the more beautiful views of the city.

I lived in a double room on the 12 floor, where it was a nice výhšad to the Prague Castle. The hotel offers nicely decorated rooms with LCD TV and two twin or one queen bed - just choose when booking. The room was clean and comfortably furnished.

The bathroom was foam, clean and nicely furnished. There was also fully furnished shower.

The hotel offers wellness - 25 meter pool. I recommend you find out what time it is open to hotel guests. Pool is also used by school children. It hampered me a bit, since pool was not available any time of day.

The hotel's restaurant is among the better ones. Offer of food and drink is very varied. Meals are fresh and constantly replenished. The hotel offers cold and hot dishes. On request, espresso coffee.

I recommend hotel ordered with a package of wellness, as a separate entrance is very expensive.

The hotel also offers parking in the parking garage, but for 20 euros per day. If you plan to stay with the car, I recommend to order room including parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mazzsk
Agnew_Mark, General Manager at Panorama Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Mazzsk,

We are grateful for your positive review and for the time you dedicated to it. Our unique location offers many advantages among the short ride by subway to city center (Muzeum, Wenceslas Sq., Main station), Farmer’s market which being held usually every Wednesday(from spring to autumn) in front of Shopping Center Arkády (2min. walking distance). Not to mention that our property is the 12th highest building in Czech Republic and it’s main attribute is the magical view of Prague. I would like to also point out our special offers which we present on our website: “Breath & Relax“ or “Spa Experience“ and “Park & Stay”.
I am really pleased to hear that you had opportunity to discover most of our outlets. Your kind words will be shared with our associates.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our wonderful hotel in a future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

That was our first trip to Prague. Very nice hotel. Not far from metro station, 5 minutes from the center. The room was clean. The price is equal for the room we got. Food was ok. Also there is a nice bar near the hotel. On the top floor they got a pool, but not for free

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David S

Dear David S,

I appreciate your compliments about hotel location, our services and not to mention the room. I hope this was not your last visit to Prague and we will be looking forward to your next visit.

Have a nice day.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stayed for four nights at the Panorama Hotel and found it to be very clean, well serviced and situated in a great location close to the Arkady shopping plaza and the metro train service. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. We had prebooked and arrived late due to a late arrival into Prague and the decision to get dinner before going to the hotel. We were upgraded to a superior room for free as the type of room we had booked were at that stage all taken. The room was attractive, comfortable twin double beds, a separate bathroom which was well fitted. There was a table and chairs, television and almost all amenities you would expect in a five star hotel, however the one thing missing was facilities to make coffee and tea. I think that needs to be addressed. We asked about coffee facilities to be provided and were basically told to get it from their cafe which was not cheap. We ended up going each morning to the food court at the nearby shopping mall where there were places to buy coffee and tea, and also breakfast if required.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Diane L,

Thank you very much for staying at the Panorama Hotel Prague and for taking your valuable time to share your review with other travelers. It’s joy for me to read that you found our room „attractive and comfortable, our hotel very clean and well serviced and situated in great location“.
Regarding the coffee & tea making facilities I would like to apologize for misleading information you were provided by our associate. We provide coffee & tea making facilities free of charge (subject of refundable deposit only).
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly and provide me with more details about the information you were given.