“Best breakfast”
Review of NH Prague City

NH Prague City
Ranked #146 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed in the hotel room In the top building you get to it with a cable car. The room was big with high cealings and spacious, furniture was outdated but clean. The breakfast was the best I have had in 2 months of traveling around Europe. location could have been closer to attractions but transport was accessible and was not hard to get around. There were Christmas markets nearby the trainstation, a big shopping center and great traditional Prague restaurant as well. Overall I would come back for the champagne breakfast!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear guest, thank you so much for your complimenting feedback. We are delighted that your stay was pleasant and you found our breakfast excellent. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit and even more glad that you will be returning some day . Thank you for taking your time to submit this review, and hope we will be able to welcome you in our hotel soon! With kind regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I spend about 300 nights a year living in Hotels and have spent many excellent stays at the Moevenpick property in Frankfurt which is excellent, hence I was so disappointed when I took my mother to Prague and had the great misfortune of staying at this truly dreadful property where the staff are rude, abrupt and have no interest in Customer service. The hotel scene in Prague is excellent so use your money and well earned vacation time by going somewhere else . I took my mother here but moevnpick in Prague does not have the same high standards as other hotels in the chain, It certainly does not live up to its trademark "Passionatly swiss." The standard rooms we were given was dreadful, the carpet dirty and the furniture stained and in one of the rooms the aircon did not function. We returned to the hotel and expressed our disappointment, we were initially told "This is the category of room we were booked" When we instructed Reception to contact our travel agent and ask them to rebook us into a proper four star hotel they backed down, and offered us an upgrade to a superior room. there was nothing superior about it, the room was identical except it had a tea and coffee tray in it. We were told if we wanted an executive room we would have to pay an upgrade fee of 40 Euros a room. As we wanted a comfortable stay we went ahead with this. The rooms were much more acceptable and what we would have expected of a four star hotel, but not particularly executive, though we did have a coffee maker, nice carpet and air con that worked! To get to the executive rooms you go up a mountain in a cable car which offers stunning views of the beautiful city of Prague. Service was very poor, no eevening turn down in room as advertised. We went to take pre dinner drinks in the lobby bar, we sat and waited for 20 minutes and were completly ignored which resulted in us walking out and going down the cable car to the lobby bar for drinks which was better staffed. The room was very quiet and i slept well but woke up itchy and covered in bites! The room was also very smelly of stale cigareete smoke, It was a non smoking room but I suspect the previous occupant Ignored that and smoke. Breakfast in the executive restaurant was poor. a large buffet but the fruit was tinned, the bakery items were stale and the orange juice was very poor quality and watery. The waiter was very pleasent but the poor man seemed to have to do everything himself, staffing levels a big issue in this place! I dread to imagine how poor the standard breakfast downstairs must have been. When we checked out at the executive checkin it was also unstaffed. After a ten minute wait we had to go back down to the main reception where the receptionist was pleasent and professional and ensured our hotel car was ready to take us to the airport. The healthclub was very nice, I assume its probably under seperate ownership from the hotel since the man on the healthclub reception was very friendly and helpful. Please note however the welnness area with sauna and steam is mixed and most chezk and German men go to the sauna completly naked!, some ladies may find this very embarassing. This hotel clearly needs a new manager to sort this place out, What are you doing Moevenpick, time to get your regional managers down to this hotel i think to sort out the mess for the sake of the excellent Moevenpick reputation!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank flyingboy72

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments, we sincerely appreciate all feedback from our guests, no matter how good or bad it is, and strive to improve and perfect our services based on it.

While we understand your possible frustration, we regret that you only shared your impressions after the check-out, as we would have liked to have a chance to rectify issues you have mention during the period of your stay.
Moreover, it is very difficult for us to recreate the exact situations that occurred to you, as we simply do not have enough information to react upon, ie dates of your stay or names of the staff involved.
We even do not have your name, as we are only able to see your nick name on the Tripadvisor web site.

We would be grateful if you could contact us directly, in order to establish all details and for us to react on them with maximum efficiency.
If you are able to provide any further information, please write to us directly on hotel.prague@moevenpick.com

Once again, we are thankful for your feedback and sincerely hope to get a chance to restore your faith in our brand during your future stay with us.

With kind regards,
Helena Mrázová
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Since I visited Mövenpick in Geneva a couple of months back I have a good comparison of both hotels. Two issues I think are worth mentioning. This visit took 5 days:

1.) Quality of service. I faced twice the situation that I was waiting at the reception in order to book some tours with the concierge. It happened twice that the concierge was busy so I had to wait or even that he left his desk in order to solve an issue (which is fine with me). What I found more surprising was that other staff was standing by but no one approached me while I was waiting for service. The employees (which were assigned to the reception) were busy with their selves and having a chat instead of approaching me and offer any help.
Since I´ve observed this behavior also at other places in Prague I am not surprised now. But since in Mövenpick Hotels everywhere is written something like “Passionate Swiss Hotels” that behavior was a clear contradiction for me. In a similar situation in Geneva the employees were far friendlier and approached me.

2.) It was interesting to observe that the towels were always replaced in our room even if we didn´t placed them on the floor. I followed the instructions that stated if a towel is not put on the ground it won´t be replaced due to environmental consideration. If you really want to do something for the environment, train the cleaning lady, which will help you saving some costs.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest, thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Prague. I'm very sorry to hear we were unable to deliver the Swiss hospitality you would expect. On the other hand, your candid feedback will enable us to review the areas you highlighted and implement any necessary corrections. Please let me thank you again for your stay and hopefully we will get a chance to welcome you back in future. Best Regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2012

The room was huge and modern, clean and comfortable.
Had dinner there one night and it was delicious. Even considered having dinner at the hotel one more time, although my priority is to get to know the good restaurants in each city I visit.
Excelent breakfast.
Bad things: Have to take the tube to go to the city centre and it is a bit annoyng having to wait for the inclined lift to go up and down every time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tihane3

Dear guest, it's my pleasure reading your review and finding that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your recommendation and for sharing your review with other travelers. Whenever you're in Prague, you will be always welcome at our hotel. High Regards Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2012

One of our party had a really bad fall on the Metro escalator. On arrival at the Movenpick we requested a first aid kit, and some help. Despite having excellent English the recptionist did not seem to understand, until shown the blood. He disappeared for a few minutes and returned with a torn plastic bag containing 4 bandages, an 80 cm long elastoplast and a face mask. Separately we were given a bottle of iodine. No first aider was offered. Poor, especially as there was no way to cut the elastoplast, and 2 of the bandages were already open, and so not sterile.
Others in the party did the signing in, and having read different stories in Tripadvisor about whether or not breakfast was included we asked. Breakfast is included for everyone we were told. To save future problems as experienced by other Tripadvisors we requested that he write 'breakfast included ' on our paperwork, whereupon he said 'I'm sorry you do not get breakfast!'
After that annoyance things could only get better, and that is exactly what happened. The following day everyone was so friendly, the rooms were cleaned daily, and were spick and span, and staff went out of their way to please. Despite a myriad of coach parties the hotel was incredibly quiet, and facilities were impressive. An unusual feature is the cable car ride to the upper portion of the hotel, where the 4th floor bar and patio/barbecue had fantastic views. There is a beautiful walk down from the upper hotel, which takes you past Mozart's birthplace, which is in remarkably good condition.
In conclusion we can recommend the hotel - just do not have an accident.

Room Tip: Try for the ones in the Upper Hotel, reached by Cable Car
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, thank you for your feedback and remarks regarding your recent stay with us.
Please accept my appologies for the inconveniences you had to face during your stay. I have already spoken to my colleagues and drew consequences. Your comments were very useful for us improving our services.I hope this will not deter you from returning to our hotel in the future to check on our progress. With best regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have stayed here a few times a couple of years ago and went back based on those experiences. I was a bit disapointed. The room I had this time (lower building, 6th floor) had problems with the airco, so I needed to open my window. This was noisy as the busy street is below and also the curtain does not close completely, waking me up in the morning because of the light. The pillows are not comfortable. The breakfast is good and the rooms on the upper level are better than those on the lower level.

Room Tip: Go for a room in the upper level.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Geerlings
Mrazova, Front Office Manager at NH Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our hotel. I also thank you for your feedback. Despite of your negative experience with us I do believe that you enjoyed your stay in Prague and that you will give us opportunity to improve your impression in the future. Best Regards, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 22 May 2012

Nice hotel, around 400 metres far from Andel underground stop.
By walk is close to town's centre and the ratio cost/benefit is very good.
Breakfast is rich, tasty and can satisfy each desire.
Room service is fast and and rooms are clean.
Reception is prepared, truly kind and proactively professional.

The cable car is a funny touch that gives a peculiarity to our staying.

The rooms are very nice, comfortable and overall perfectly isolated.
Suggested 100%!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, on behalf of Mövenpick team I would like to thank you for such a positive feedback which I will communicate to the team. We are really happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.I´ll be pleased to welcome you again in the near future. Yours sincerely, Helena Mrázová, Rooms Division Manager