“good & not so good”
Review of Galaxie

Galaxie
Ranked #516 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 July 2014

It was 25 min with public transport (very cheap tickets from hotel reception) to the city centre. But it was really no problem to get in and out. Taxis are also cheap.

Good: Overall, nice hotel. big, clean rooms. Very friendly, helpful staff. They allowed me to keep my room very late on last day before my flight. Very quiet suburb of city. Not too expensive, so good value.

Not so good:
No air con in my room during hot weather. Breakfast buffet is okay, but quite limited especially if you do not eat meat. The fruit juices at breakfast are really NOT good - more like slightly flavoured, coloured water. The coffee (from a machine) was terrible.

On several mornings, the cleaners were cleaning the breakfast area floors around me, 30 mins before breakfast ended, using noisy vacuum cleaners! Really not good!
Similarly, I was woken up early on 2 mornings by cleaners cleaning the bedroom above me from 7.30 am - noisily moving furniture around on hard floors, polishing floors and banging doors. A lot of early morning noise and disturbance when trying to sleep!

Please try to get your cleaners under control!

Only 1 English language channel on TV - CNN :-(

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This hotel is very good if you need to go to the University CULS or anywhere else in the district of Suchdol, but it is not the best choice for visiting Prague, as Suchdol area is around 20-30 minutes far (bus+metro) from the city centre.
The thing I liked the most was the room (and bathroom): simple, nice, clean and new. It was located at a high floor with view on the square below and it was very quiet. Equipping rooms with minibars or, at least, one bottle of water would be a good choice, as this way guests could avoid long trips to the bar in the middle of the night.
I pretty much disliked all the rest. The hotel is very very big and it mainly accommodates groups, so it is very crowded. Yet, only 1 lift is available. One night I had to wait for around 20 minutes before getting to my room, as a group of tourists - and their big suitcases - had just arrived and they had a "monopoly" on the lift.
Problems with the crowd did also happen at breakfast, when you had the feeling of a barbarian invasion as soon as a group entered the room and 1 single coffee machine was not sufficient at all for serving so many guests.
Wifi is available only in the lobby/breakfast room and you need to ask for a new pwd everyday, while in the rooms only LAN connection is available, so forget to connect to the internet from the room if you do not have a laptop.
Finally, during restaurant opening hours, all the lobby and corridors of the hotel smelled like fried food, and so did your clothes.
This could be a very good place, but big improvements are definitely needed!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Don't be fooled by the outside & location.
Stayed here for two nights with National Holidays
Rooms really modern
Mini bar in room (expensive though)
Food really nice not buffet.
Lovely area behind restaurant for a nice sit down & chill.
Bar not bad prices, staff not good @ English.
There is a small Bar linked to the hotel (sports bar)
Don't think barman knew about measures sure we were getting triples

Room Tip: All rooms same
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank David L
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We held a business event for ca. 90 people in this hotel in November 2010. We were very satisfied with the service we got. The staff were helpful and flexible, the hotel interior is modern and elegant, food & catering as you would expect in a good 4 star hotel. The value for money ratio was very good. Free parking onsite, free WiFi if I remember well. Also good access via public transport, although not in the center of Prague (therefore the "average"rating for location). Event participants were very satisfied and so were we.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank OStefan
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed here on a coach trip to Prague. Our room was very modern, clean, light and airy with a balcony. The food was very basic especially in the evening but that was probably due to the fact we were a coach trip as there was another better looking restaurant. The staff were very helpful. The only thing is the hotel is a good half an hour out of Prague. It took us a bus and metro trip to get into the city on our free day but the hotel provided us with timetables etc. They also Change money in to their own currency as They do not use euros.

Room Tip: The rooms are all modern but even thoug we had a balcony no furniture was provided but the view was...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pauline J
Reviewed 24 August 2011

At first I was afraid that Hotel Wienna is a bit far from a center, but actually I needed like 8-9 min. with public transport to get to the Prague castle (with cab is even less and quite cheap). However, the thing that I was amazed about was the service I got in this Hotel. I must say that I have never had such a service in a four star Hotel. First, rooms are great and big. Second, food....OMG... it was great. I was eating like a hell, and of course, the people working there. You can ask them everything you want and they will make it possible. They are so cool and helpful. I really had no troubles finding cool places in Prague since desk lady knows everything (big hello to Petra). Who ever wants to visit Prague I deeply recommend to stay in this Hotel, honestly it will be a great experience, I guarantee.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Andreja P
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The hotel is in perfect condition. It was very clean and amazingly comfortable, I can say we sleep very, very well. The staff is nice and very helpful. The cousine at the hotel was so good at low prices, with high quality (gained 3kg in less than a week). Although it might seem far from the historic city center, that is not true. With a bus stop in front of the hotel and a small subway ride( 2 stations) within less than 20min we were right in the center of the city. Transportation passes several times a day and easy to get around. We would refer this hotel to anyone that wants to see and enjoy everything the city has to offer.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple