“lovely stay”

Ranked #304 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Nuremberg, Germany
“lovely stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

great experience and the customer service was simply astonshing. the front desk attendant was helpful throughout my stay. the managerial staff was well informed and recommended great places to visit. The quality of the food was amazing and the ingredient choice and selection gave me that of a homemade feeling. The rooms were very put together very elegant and stylish yet comfortable definitely looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
KatrinaWalton, Front Office Manager at Three Crowns Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Audi G,
Many thanks for your fantastic review and for taking the time to express your enthusiasm regarding your most recent visit. Our team is commited to striving to exceed your expectations and we are happy to hear our efforts have been well received.
We are delighted to have had the pleasure of accomodating you and making your stay as comfortable as possible.
If business or leisure brings you to Prague, we look forward to warmly welcoming you back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sale
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have just got back from my fifth trip to Prague but this was my first time at the 3 Crowns, and I thought it was a decent hotel, which represented good value for money.

On entering the lobby area, the hotel appeared clean and the check in was quick. My room was on the second floor, and was a good size, with 2 single beds, plenty of storage space, a TV, and a nice clean bathroom. The bed was comfy and the room was cleaned each day and the shower was a good one, with plenty of hot water and shower gel in the room. I had a quick flick through the TV channels and only found 1 English language news channel but I wasn't in Prague to watch TV, so not an issue for me.

Some reviews did mention that the breakfast was a bit strange but it was good quality. There was the usual muesli, sausages and eggs, along side such delights as mixed vegetables and jam doughnuts, which were excellent!

I did not use the hotel bar, as there is a small bar directly opposite the hotel and my travelling companions had stayed in this hotel on numerous occasions, and knew the bar owner, so we spent time in there. The area of Zizkov is a working class area, with many cheap bars and restaurants and it is safe. You can walk to the centre of Prague in about 30 minutes, or get the tram, which takes less than 10 minutes.

For around 30 euros, I think the hotel is good value for money and when I go back t Prague, I will consider the hotel, as an option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
, Front Office Manager at Three Crowns Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear SaleDamc,

I would like to thank you for such a great review. Please note, it is greately appreciated as I just joined the Three Crowns team and trying to improve some flaws we all are aware of.

If you or your companions are ever in need of accommodation in Prague again, I will be delighted if you contact me directly at fom@3korunky.cz for a direct reservation.

Thank you on behalf of the whole team and we are looking forward welcoming you back soon.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend have not long been home from Prague, and Prague as a place itself is beautiful. The hotel was a little tricky to find and not very well signed we weren't sure if it was the right one. Staff that manned the desk weren't the most polite and once when asked if she enjoyed working at the hotel in Prague she replied no... Although on our last day there was a very helpful and pleasant man behind the reception desk. When we first got in to our room it wasn't exactly what we thought it would be - we expected to see the room that is the main picture on last minute, having said that the room was very spacious though. We were disappointed that there wasn't a proper shower just a bath with a hand held shower head, no curtain so had to make sure the water didn't go everywhere. The bed was two beds pushed together which wasn't ideal. Breakfast was interesting - not exactly a traditional English breakfast as states... It consisted of hot dogs, fried eggs, mixed vegetables and doughnuts? Hmm! Basically with this hotel you get what you pay for, basic.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Rooms are large, beds were comfy. Well heated with radiators. Bathroom was large & clean. We had a near hole in the door of our bathroom (as if someone got angry with it!!) and there was a spider in his own little web in the bath when we arrived - but easily dealt with!! Only annoying thing is there was no plug for the bath & no shower screen/curtain so we had to improvise & sit down in the shower to avoid spraying the whole bathroom!! The room was clean, had a safe, TV with just one English Channel - BBC news.
The room itself looked a bit old & shabby & was quite dark. No tea/coffee facilities in the room, basically the bare basics of beds, desk, chairs & TV. The rest of the hotel including the lobby & bar area are more modern and very clean. During our stay staff were minimal visibly, but always helpful & attentive if we needed anything. Breakfast was interesting - I avoided the hot food - eggs, hot dogs & mixed veg/beans, and stuck to cereal and toast. It is all self service, you don't see many staff in the restaurant, except when clearing away the tables after people leave.
The location of the hotel is a bit further out than I expected. We used the tram which is cheap & the stop is not too far from the hotel. I didn't like walking around outside when it was dark, there are a lot of dark bars nearby & graffiti sadly is all over most of the walls of buildings around the hotel.
We organised a taxi transfer from the airport via the hotel which was fab & not too expensive & our taxi driver was very nice but had he not pointed out various routes & about the trams on our way to the hotel we would have been a bit lost as the hotel staff didn't offer local area information on arrival. Overall this hotel is a good enough base for touring the city of Prague however I was not overly impressed by it, and we have stayed in much better hotels in Prague before. I think this hotel is probably more suited to groups of friends looking for a cheap easy base rather than spoiling your other half with a break away from the kids!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

The rooms were spacious and well presented with comfortable beds. Breakfast was a bit strange, sausage eggs with mixed veg. But it must cater for all regions of Europe. The bar could have been open during the day, as we were turned down coffee as the bar was closed! For the purpose of an inexpensive weekend with the lads I would recommend, but not with the wife!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dangarnell
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We organised our corporate Christmas party here last weekend and cannot thank the hotel enough. They made the whole process simple from quote to booking to arrival to food, drink & party - they were brilliant!

Karolina the Events Manager was brilliant, she helped co-ordinate people from 3 different countries arriving to the hotel, with transfers to & from the hotel to the airport, check-in for those arriving late night to the conference on the Saturday and the buffet meal and disco in the evening.

If you are looking to a good hotel, which is close to town (around 20 min walk) and has great rooms (highly recommend upgrading to a superior room).

Only small issues would be that the showers get everything wet in the whole bathroom! and the window looks straight into the flats across the road, but for the money - I couldn't complain!

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to a superior room.