“A short stay but longest awesome impression”

Vienna House Andel's Prague
Ranked #104 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 October 2013

It took me sometime to search for the right hotel to stay in Prague since it was our first time to visit the place and I have no idea what to expect,except from what I heard from my friends who already visited the place and what I read about in the net. Nevertheless, with the use of Tripadvisor, offering different hotels with different reviews, you will finally get to decide the best that will suit you in all terms, budget, accessibility etc.
To cut it short, I got the best deal with Andel's hotel in our latest European sojourn. The staff and the hotel itself was really awesome and fantastic. Firstly, when I thought, they must have failed to receive my request for an airport pick up, we were surprised to see the taxi driver sent by Andel's patiently waiting for us outside.(we had a flight delay for more than an hour). Secondly, the executive room we got was so neat and cool. My husband and I were very satisfied and thankful most especially for the bottle of white wine to celebrate our 30th anniversary. The location is accessible to shopping malls and bus stations so you can go around Prague with ease. The staff were so accommodating and helpful. And there was never a problem communicating. the breakfast was also very good considering the price we paid for our stay.
It was sad that we only got to stay for a full night and day. However, we promised ourselves we will go back with our all our 6 kids in tow and stay longer. Hope we will still get the same kind of hospitality and feel.

Room Tip: all rooms I guess are good
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WanderCezy
veronikaandels, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for sending us your amazing comment from your recent trip to Prague.
We are so grateful to hear that andel's Hotel was a great choice for your stay. It is our aim to provide the best possible service to our guests and we feel so happy that you liked your stay with us. We are very proud to hear that our employees were welcoming and made your stay in Prague even more memorable.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at andel's during your future visit!

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

In advance, I really appreciate your kindness and consideration. This hotel is the best hotel I have ever stayed in my entire life. It is a really nice room, best staffs, good location and best mood.
The hotel staffs may know who I am if I tell my room number. I stayed Room No. 546. Haha :)
For all staffs, I would like to tell all of them "Thank you very very very ~~ much"
If I go there, I am going to stay in your hotel.
Seeya, keep up the good work.
Good bye~

Room Tip: tell them your treavel purpose. (honeymoon etc.)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JS K

Dear guest,

we would like to express our thank you for your lovely review you decided to share with us and other travelers.It was our pleasure to host you at andel's Hotel Prague and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is also very nice to hear that our staff was very helpfull and polite. After few hours searching we think we know who you are :-)
Thank you again for your nice comment and we are looking forward to welcome you back at andel's during your next visit!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were on a tour and the dinner in the restaurant was one of the worst experiences I have ever come across in all my years in the industry. We ordered drinks, then the Restaurant Manager was more concerned with get the payments before we got our food. His staff were laughing at him as if to say "here he goes again!" I spoke to him afterwards and told him he obviously didn't know what customer service was, he just shrugged his shoulders!! I shall not be going back needless to say!

Stayed: September 2013
veronikaandels, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for choosing the andel´s Hotel Prague and thank you for your valuable comment. We are always happy if our guests share their experiences from the stay with us, as these valuable information allow us to check our service for improvements.

We feel extremely sorry to hear that your stay did not fulfill your expectation and you were facing a bad experience in the restaurant.
Your comment will be shared with the entire team and we promise to take necessary steps to improve the provided services.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in Prague and more then happy to meet all your expectations.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were recently here with a tour group. It was the first time this tour co. had booked this hotel. The hotel is wonderful. Very modern. The staff were all very attentive and polite. I really liked that you can change money and buy tram tickets at the front desk! The self-serve breakfast was very nice and the bartenders in the bar were a lot of fun. Although the Andel's is not exactly centrally located, the tram is conveniently located and there is a big shopping mall practically next door, if you're in need of last-minute souvenirs, as we were! You should probably know that, at least in our room, the door to the bath is glass, as is the door to the toilet stall (so if you're shy, it may be an issue). But, there was a separate bath and shower in the bath, and the floors were heated, which we really enjoyed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bibax4

Dear guet,

thank you very much for sharing with us your nice experience from your trip to Prague.
We are delighted that our staff made your stay memorable and you had a good time spent in our F&B outlets. We are also glad to hear that you were happy about the location and the great shopping possibilities nearby.

Thank you very much again for staying at andel’s Hotel Prague and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I used to stay here 10-12 years ago when travelling very frequently to CZ on business trips so it was a no brainer to book Andels when I needed to visit Prague again. Smichov (Prague 5 district) is now a buzzing area compared to few years ago with a vast choice of restaurants, shops and not too far to walk up the west side of the Vlatava with its stunning riverside architecture. Public transport is so easy that you don't need to pay silly prices in or near the Old Town for poor service and pokey rooms. The staff at Andels are first class, very professional and rooms are always clean. I was upgraded during both my stays that week and both suites were superb. Next time I won't even look around.

Room Tip: Ask how busy the hotel is when you check in, you may well get upgraded.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Craig R
veronikaandels, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your lovely comment you decided to share with us and other travelers.

We are so happy you chose again our hotel for your trip to Prague and your all stays met all your expectations. It is our aim to deliver the best possible services to our guests. Your nice comment will be for sure shared with the whole team.

Thank you very much again and we are already looking forward to welcome you back at andel's.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My fourth stay at Andel's in Prague, this place has thus far not failed me in any way.

I really like the contemporary design of the rooms and public areas, also a big mention to the staff on front desk who have always done everything they can to make my visits all the more enjoyable.
Breakfast is excellent with loads of choices to suit any diet or appetite and beds are so damn comfortable. Bathrooms are equipped with both bathtubs and walk in power showers with very strong water pressure plus easily adjustable temperature control; just the way I like it.

I do concede that the location while not being central to Prague's glorious old town, is something I am prepared to forgo in order to stay at Andel's.

Thank you for another fine stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
veronikaandels, Manager at Vienna House Andel's Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for staying at the andel´s Hotel Prague and for taking your time to share your experience with other travelers. We are very proud you became our loyal guest.
It is very nice to read your beautiful review about our hotel facilities and our team.
We are very pleased all the services always meet your expectations and you feel comfortable with us.

Thank you again for your lovely comments and we are already looking forward to welcome you back at andel's.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nothing complicated or over the top about this hotel. Everything they do is simple and efficient. The rooms are fashionably minimalist in their furnishings and the bathrooms have nice clean lines too with their glass walls.
Breakfast is self service buffet style in an open plan restaurant, which can have the feeling of a school dinner hall...but its all perfectly fine as are the choices on offer for breakfast. The breakfast restaurant does not open for dinner in the evening. Instead the limited dinner menu is served in a small area in the bar adjacent to reception.
As a business hotel the facilities are good....specifically the wireless internet was 'up' more than it was 'down' and was pretty accessible from all bedrooms, although sometimes performance was slow.
Reception and waiting staff were always pleasant and courteous.
The hotel is close to the tram and metro stations so access to the centre attractions of Prague is easy...tickets for the metro are available from the hotel reception.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the atrium are quitter....but road facing rooms are not too noisy!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarshWood

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing andel’s Hotel Prague and for sharing your lovely feedback with other travelers.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to provide a warm and engaging service to all of our guests and we are also pleased you liked the hotel design.
It was also our pleasure to read your positive comments about our location and easy access to the city centre.

We are looking forward to welcome you back at andel's in the future!