“Old, tired and depressing”
Review of Bily Lev

Bily Lev
Ranked #288 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Old, tired and depressing”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This review is based a booking made on our behalf. Upon arrival, the outside if the building looked promising, nice frontage and looked returned. However when walking into foyer it quickly became apparent that the hotel was dated. The lift could only fit 1 person and my luggage, the rest of the party had to either walk the stairs or wait. We asked for a double bed however there were 2 singles. When we requested to have a double bed, we were informed that we just needed to push the beds together........?!?!? The room was very hot, besides it being December and 2 degrees outside. We ended up turning off the heater completely and opening up the window whilst we slept. The carpets were tired and dirty. On the upside, the bathroom seemed newly refurbished but little things were annoying, such as the exhaust fan automatically turning off after 20 secs and the shower head and hose being broken. The curtains were not block out curtains and there was an outside wall light shining directly into window so I ended up wearing a sleeping mask. I would avoid this hotel and pay a bit more closer to the city.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chog77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights. The room was very nice and clean, breakfast was also OK, although basic and the same every day, the receptionist was helpful with the information though it won't hurt him to smile a little bit and the lady attending to breakfast room was quite gloomy. We booked the hotel through our local travel agency and there was no problem with the reservation. The location is OK, not so far away from the center, just a few tram stops and the trams run every 5 min. What I did not like is the price of parking (12 EUR) per night, too expensive. They charged us even for the day our car was not parked there at all, since we took a trip to Karlove Vary. When I add the price of the room, the price of parking and the price of the tram tickets, we could have stayed in a hotel at the center for the same amount of money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 April 2013

The gentlemen at the reception is quite nice. BE CAREFULLY WITH TWO THINGS: There will be nobody at all at the reception after 7pm. but its not a problem. just call the hotel number and he will tell u where to find the keys. also, it's not in the city centre. Take tram 9 to the stop husinecka if u arrive at the central railway station Hlavni Nadrazi. Then walk up until u pass a Chinese restaurant and turn left at the first cross. I have to say traffic in Prague is realty convenient!!!! Make use of TRAMS!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Well, I booked with Expedia over a week in advance. I called the hotel the day before I arrived to let them know that I was arriving later than expected...Guess what? They didn't even have me registered as a guest for the days I had booked!! I don't know if it was a problem with expedia. (which I doubt because I've used expedia for years and have never had a problem like this. So, they put me in a small double-bed room. It was small, uncomfortable and had no way to relax in it. The sheets were horrible, as were the pillows. The toilet barely flushed and everything in this room was outdated. Only thing positive to say was that the hot water was pretty decent as well as the free wi-fi internet. It's a 10-15 walk to center Prague, located in the "ghetto" as mentioned in the other reviews. I found the hotel staff friendly, but not the best at service. They forgot to give me a card key to the door and after 5pm the reception leaves for the night. To my surprise I could not enter the hotel and I had to walk to Hotel Seferit to get a key. Yet, the guy at Seferit told me to go back and use the call box and he would buzz me in. I did, was able to get in. But all of this wasn't fun when you've been drinking from a night out in the town. But, I wasn't really there to enjoy the hotel, it was just me and I'm not that picky as long as there is a bed, bathroom & wifi to stay in touch with the family. To all of you who would like a great experience in Prague I would suggest to pay the extra money and stay in the Old Town Center.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank rdstarling
Westminster, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Although there is a bit of a walk into Prague 1 I like this hotel as it very welcoming and friendly. The are can seem a bit intimidating as it is dark however there is a police station next to the hotel (although I have had my foot run over by one of their cars) and the area appears to me to be safe as long as you don't look like a naive westerner. The hotel has a free computer to use in the reception area. Rooms are furnished with pictures from soviet Czechoslovakia with many other features in the hotel remaining from soviet times including the lift. Breakfast is free and the safe are very friendly, chatty and well connected with reputable taxis and other services. There are many restaurants, bars and shops in the immediate area.

Room Tip: this hotel gets used a lot for school trips. Try not to get a room next to a group of teenage girls
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Natasha S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2012

6 of us Rugby Muvva's went to Prague in March 2012. It was quite basic accomodation on arrival, but we had the Best time, Breakfast was alway good, staff were friendly and you could come in late from the Cocktail Bar next door. Beds were extremely comfortable too. Bathrooms were all New and very clean throughout.
Would Stay there again. x
Staff rang for taxi's etc for us whenever we needed them. x

Room Tip: Stay in the Back of the hotel away from the road, it may be quieter for the light sleepers.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanne B
Nizwa, Oman
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Not situated in a good nieghbourhood. Gets dark and shady in the night. We were shocked the unfriendly and unprofessional staff. The sheets and towels were filthy...

Would not reccomend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank AyeshaMualla

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels