Hotel Esprit Prague
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Prague
See available hotels
Inturprag(Prague)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsmetro stationcity centrebudget hotelnice stayrooms are cleancharles bridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2011

My and my friend spent really nice 4 days in Prague. Esprit hotel impressed me with nice clean rooms, very nice receptionists and in general staff. There were breakfasts included into the offer (it was also huge + ). The breakfast was delicious, you could choose what you want there were several kind of meet, bakery products, tea, coffee, juice etc. Apart from previous opinion I read here, there was always warm water ;) and the beds were really comfy!
I can recommend You Esprit with no doubt !

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Evelin_Evelin
Reviewed 19 April 2011

The only positive think about this hotel is its location (near subway and tram station, near big shopping centre). Othewise:
- The hotel looks like it did not invest into modernisation for several decades. When I entered the lobby then the corridor and finally the room I had a feeling that I moved through a time into 1970´s (especially the awfull magged carpet all around the 100y old lift).
- The equipment was old (I havent seen such old tv in my whole life), the bedclothes were torn, the so called "heating, blinds and security control" was not functioning, on TV only 6 czech programs.
-The room was very cold (old building, cold nights in april) and we were told that the heating season is over.
- The breakfast was poor - in the time of most visitors (cca 9,30am) plates were missing, there was no juice (was not even added later), no sausages.....
- the restaurant is whole smoking...if you are "lucky" that there are few tables smoking than you have no choice but to sit with children in the dark smoke cloud for a dinner.
- the fitness is poor also the sauna.
-When we came in the evening we were said there is no possible parking besides the hotel and we had to search through the near streets to park the car (what was quite hard because even of plenty free space you could not park there between 5pm to 12pm if you do not have special residence card and the hotel did not offer any to us).

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank nikaa11
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Good points: Very clean, good size rooms and bathroom, nice people, fairly close to the metro and tram so it's easy to get to the city, good value. Breakfast ok, nothing special but there's a great bakery right next to the metro station.

Not so good points: There is no guarantee that you will have hot water when you shower (try to shower NOT at peak times). Toilets make VERY ODD sounds when flushed. Beds are absolutely hard as rock. The remote control blinds weren't working so anyone in the building opposite could look into our room at night when the lights were on, and it got bright when the sun came up.

Overall, good value hotel, decent enough for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sidkrose
Reviewed 3 March 2011

This was a nice economy hotel with great off season prices.

I bought a five day transit pass and with a tram stop nearby and a metro stop just a little further, it was never a problem that the hotel is a few tram stops away from the centre of the city and main transport hubs. (And what a great tram system Prague has!)

My room was clean and newly decorated, the staff were friendly and helpful.

The biggest drawback was the breakfast, which would be fine for most people. But because I'm celiac there needs to be a bigger variety of fresh fruit, yougurt, etc for me to find enough to eat happily. Some economy hotels have a little better variety. A small quibble perhaps, because there was lots of sliced meat, sausages, cheeze, cereal on offer.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jiminedmonton
Reviewed 3 February 2011

My boyfriend and I spent a night in this hotel following one of his conferences in Prague.

I must say you get what you pay for and that is absolutely ok if you are booking with this fact in mind. The hotel was clean and simple, the looks of it very pretty dated and the decor at times strange (the coffee table in our room had a basket with 6 walnuts in it. I think putting potpurri, flowers or something more lively would have been a nicer touch).

Our main problem was with the temperature - it was a cold weekend and the room never got particularly warm, while the bathroom had a towel rack and warmed up nicely, so leaving the bathroom for the bedroom in the middle of the night was quite excrutiating. But the staff was helpful and courteous. The area isn't the nicest so you really cannot walk around much or go sightseeing, but the metro is quite near. We always took the metro to the center and spent time there, which was not too big of a problem.

Overall, I think the staff cares for the hotel and its visitors, they try to help you as much as possible, but they appear to be limited by their resources and it shows. However, if you're on a budget and will spend most of your time exploring the city, this will simply be just a place to lay your head on.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple