“Cheap but rudimental - fine if you are staying for couple of nights”

Hotel Esprit Prague
Ranked #582 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My family and I were staying there last year at the late December. We got there by car so it was great that the hotel has access to garage (of course, you have to pay for that service) where we could leave the car during night(s). But there is a lot of parking space in front of shopping mall near O2 arena (that's where entrance to metro is) so we left our car there the last day of our stay. Also, if you don't want the garage, there is open guarded parking space near by hotel.

Rooms require some restoration, bed was creaking and it was hard to sleep (my brother kept on rolling and kicking entire night - I heard every sound he made), we couldn't shut our blinds on windows and light coming from the street disturbed my sleep also. However, at the first glance, our room was clean and we got fresh linen and towels (well, at least it looked clean! :D). Accept for taking it too hard to fall asleep there, I think the rooms could pass if you are staying there for a couple of nights as we did.

Staff had trouble with English (I'm from Croatia and I'm not great with English either but I spoke English much more fluently that the staff) but they still kindly answered all my questions and I was able to understand them. That's much more important to me than to be super fluent and rude.

Breakfast was a standard buffet, maybe a little too small and too poor for my taste. But enough to get you started for the day. However, if you like to sleep long, then it's a high possibility that you will be eating leftovers (if any).

Getting around wasn't an issue, either. Ceskomoravska metro station is not too far away, just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. It will take you to the city center in 10 minutes. This was my second trip to Prague and once again we choose this section of the city because hotels are cheap and metro station is near by.

In conclusion, if you are looking for a cheap place to stay for a couple of days in Prague, try to look for a hotel like Esprit in Ceskomoravska area of the city! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank TripsterPassingBy

Reviewed 8 November 2012 via mobile

Staff try hard to please. They're genuinely nice especially as English is their second language.

But for the €60 per night per room incl breakfast, not so great value by other western European standards.

Split two beds apart, (2 girl mates) really dusty, but surface clean in rest of the room. Friends (couple) in similar room, it's two beds put together. This really common we find now in many hotels "double" is two twin beds.

Box controlling temperature & outside blinds was broken & staff refused to move us (despite hotel not being full but soon to be on the weekend) but the guy tried hard to find a solution. Towels went up, very student like.

Elevator fits 2 people and one big bag only... and there's 5 floors !

Positives: generous breakfast with lots of choice & decent hot drinks machine.

Friends in Single rooms: these rooms were faultless &immaculate but tucked away on inner side, so no views. Very good value they said.

Stay here if you get a cheap deal & then lower expectations

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank OpenmindedAngel
Reviewed 7 November 2012

BE warned this hotel is simply repellant. We checked in this evening and after seeing the room promptly checked out.
Threadbare towels, damp smelly room, see through bed linen. A small portable tv in the corner with two channels. I can't warn you enough Stay away. We checked into a hotel around the corner for eight extra euro a night and its lovely.
Three stars for what it's a disgrace.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank trantor80
Reviewed 5 November 2012

12 of my family stayed here in October and it was a lovely hotel.T he food in the resteraunt was lovely with huge portions Breakfast was lovely with huge choice and the staff were really helpfuln and spoke very good english and were always able to book taxis for us and tell how much we should pay The only thing I could see wrong was the hard beds i think lying on the floor would have been softer

Room Tip: ask for a room with a soft bed
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I checked into this hotel last June. It was just horrible. Blue, disguising carpet all over the walls and floor of the lift-id say this was installed in the 1980s and hadn't been changed since..

The room was just terrible. Horrible, old, dirty blankets thrown on the bed. There was ants on the walls of the room. The smell of bleach on entering the room was just over whelming (maybe it was so strong so we would know it had been cleaned at least) half the lights in the room didn't work-the lights in the bath room didn't work at all. The heat was unbearable in the room-and air com was non existent. I hesitantly sat on the bed-and it was rock hard!!

I didn't pay much for this room, so i didnt mind checking out and leaving, to a nicer place! The only thing this hotel had going for it was that it was close to a metro line and the O2 arena. Aside from that-i knew I couldn't sleep in this place. I didn't bother telling the stony faced staff that I was leaving-i just left-as I had already paid, I didn't want to argue with them to try and get my money back-in my mind-it was a small prince to pay and I just wanted out! I have stayed in nicer, cleaner hostels.

Room Tip: ask if there is air con available
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShellyIre
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I was here on a 4 night stay with my girlfriend. I'm not going to make a very long review, but they deserve a review nonetheless. The reason it's not getting 5 stars from me, is that the breakfast was okay, but only okay. I could have used a little more space, sometimes we didn't have anywhere to sit. And that's annoying when you know the breakfast hours are over in 20 minutes. Other than that, very nice staff, great room (ours had a computer too!), and its only 200meters or something like that to the nearest metro station. From there, its easy to get around Prague. Recommended!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

First of all, the entire hotel (corridor, elevator, rooms) is dirty, ragged and ugly. The carpets are disgusting, full of splashes (I don't want to know what was that), shower is dirty and broken, there were hair in the bed, towels and linens are dirty, etc.

Internet is not working everywhere in the hotel. TV is a joke, almost smaller than my phone and come from the '70s.

The good thing is, that the staff is very helpful, actually, they know the shape of the hotel, just can't do anything against it, probably it is a decision of the management. Receptionist helped us to solve as much as possible.

Location is quite good, metro station is a few minutes walking distance. There is closed private parking very close to the hotel (for extra money, but not expensive).

Anyway, there is a really interesting offer in this hotel. Each and every equipment has its price (there is a price list in the room), you may broke the TV, chairs, pictures, doors, anything, you just need to pay a friendly price for it (ie. the chair is ~9 euro). So, feel free!

This hotel is definitely not a 3 star hotel, most likely a hostel. But the price is low.

Room Tip: Room 411 - disgusting Room 414 -.better, but don't check the carpet
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple