“Business event and nice stay in hotel”

Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre
Ranked #213 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I spent more nights in more years during business events. Every time nice and comunicative staff at the front desk, very good quality of rooms, clean with two different pillows on the bed. Very good breakfast and restaurant. Hotel is situated near to the congres centre with nice panorama view. Not exactly near to the centre. Result: very good hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is very conveniently located next to the Congress Centre. If you are in town for business this is the perfect accommodation. If you are looking for a venue that allows for a little exploration of this beautiful city perhaps a more central location would be advised.

Although taxis works fine (and are cheaper when compared with most European capitals) and there is a very convenient subway stop, just a walk away from the Hotel, it is by far more convenient to commute from the city centre to the Hotel than the other way around.

The Hotel delivers what it promises. As a business Hotel, service is quick and competent (although sometimes not as fluent in English as one would expect). The room are a bit uninspiring, but have all the amenities you need. The furniture is a bit run-down (the TV is quite old and the decoration is boring). Breakfast will not disappoint.

If I had to point a flaw, that would be the lack of a proper gym. The hotel has a mini-gym - but that is what you get, a very small room, with the same sad decoration - and an hand full of work out machines.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank damenax
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The staff in this hotel do not know the meaning of customer service. We had a problem regarding the check in date for one of our rooms. One of the people at the checkin desk assured us that the date was changed, but upon checkout we were charged for the extra night as a no show. Ms. Mhejbalova was awfully unpleasant and we asked to speak with the manager on duty, Martin. After waiting for a half hour while they called various people we were told that it was actually our fault, since no one at the front desk could change the reservation date (as if the customer knows what the receptionists can and cannot do). All in all, we ended up paying for the extra night because we could no longer argue with them. All i can say is that if you are looking to stay in a hotel where the staff are kind and helpful, this is not the place for you.

In terms of the room, the tv is from the 1980s, the sound comes and goes, as does the color. We asked to fix it 3 times and someone came but it didnt work. We asked for them to give us a different tv and they would not.

Truly, not worth the time, money or nerves we spent. This hotel ruined our excellent impressions of this city.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank JoPa_12
Jana B, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear guest,

the management of the hotel deeply regrets the situation and is aware that the staff was not able to react with corresponding flexibility. The whole staff will be trained again in this field and we do hope to improve our performance upon your next visit. Would you please accept our apologies and sincere hopes you will kindly give us another chance to improve our image in your eyes.
witk kind regards, management of HI Prague Congress Centre

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was happy to be on our company meeting in this hotel. Not far from center of Prague. It was the Autumn in 2011 - maybe the best time to go to Prague. Rooms - clean, well equipped, tidy. Good service, internet free and friendly staff. We recommend for business trips, teambuildings and etc. Take a tour around the city it is really beautiful!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After a long day of sightseeing in Prague, I couldn't ask for more than a comfortable bed with a comfortable bathroom in a comfortable surrounding. This hotel is just it. My photo - sitting by the side of the room's window shows that my room didn't offer a good view, only facing another building; that's all. But I am pretty happy because I did have a comfortable sleep through the night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed here for a Congress being held next door at the centre. This hotel is a great option for that. Several things that made the hotel not a higher rating. Check in was fine. I got there early so had to wait to receive a room. I understood that so no complaints. The room opened up within an hour and the valet came over to me and asked me to sign the check in paper and gave me my key and took me to my room.

Rooms are decent but basic. I did appreciate that the windows open as while it was not hot when I was there, the rooms are. And there seemed no way to control the heat/AC so I just kept it turned off the entire time I was there and opened the window at times.

I had no problems with internet connection. I did bring an Ethernet cable and found it to work just fine.

Water pressure for the showers is not good. Also, a very irritating item is that the water is hot - cold- hot while you shower. Seems like there is nothing you can do to correct this. So just be prepared to be enjoying a nice hot shower and then a cold blast of water will come through, then it changes back to hot again.

Biggest irritation to me was the day I came back from the Congress I was attending and my key would not work. I went to the front desk and they asked if I had put it by my cell phone which I had not since my phone did not work in the area. When they looked into why my card wouldn't work, it was because no one at check in had requested my passport number or birth date. They needed that to allow me to use my key again. This was a problem since my passport was in the safe in my room and the safe is opened by your room key! I was not very pleased with how they dealt with this issue. I simple message delivered to me telling me they needed this info would have been a bit more professional rather than locking me out of my room. Then just expecting me to either have my passport number memorized or carrying it with me everywhere.

Breakfast was actually quite good and not very expensive. $15.00 roughly in US. Had dinner there two nights also and the food was good and not very expensive either. Problem is that there are only two other decent restaurants in the area if you are staying longer than a couple days. One is across the park in the front of the hotel and is very good. One is a short walk down the street to the right of the hotel. That one does not take credit cards. Both are also good but if you are staying longer - you will have to take the metro or a cab to somewhere else to go.

Hotel is fine for being by the congress center. Otherwise, I would not probably stay here for a holiday. But that being said, after reading many of the reviews - this hotel is totally acceptable and not worthy of some of the bad reviews that it was given. Also, I did not receive bad service other than the lock out incident but I do have to say - I saw and heard a lot of surly, grumpy guests yelling at the work staff which was totally unwarranted. The staff does try to service their guests and do not deserve to be treated poorly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear TravelNut70,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I am pleased you found our room accommodations commendable. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced due to the level of staff service received. We have addressed the matter with the Front Desk staff in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Prague is not exactly the world's culinary capital, and Holiday Inn food, though usually fine, is rarely outstanding. The restaurant in the Holliday Inn Prague Congress Centre is outstanding, however. It is worth visiting just for the food. From their autumn special's menu I had a lentil, mung bean and pear salad served with ravioli that were crafted from smoked salmon and filled with goat's cheese - fantastic! The rooms are also comfortable and not overly priced and the service is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo