“Holiday Inn Prague CongressCenter - Great experience!”

Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre
Ranked #213 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel's location is very convenient, walking distance to the metro station (2-3 min) which leads to all attractions in a simple ride and inexpensive fare on both sides of the river.
The hotel staff is friendly, breakfast was included in our fare, was simple yet appealed our appetite even to our western plate, including customized omelettes.
We had an executive suite which is basically two rooms, one of which was a living area. The bathrooms have a shower/bathtub and were extremely clean and well maintained. The beds and pillows were great ! We recommend it anytime. When you check out remember to request your VAT form to get refund for the tax.....this is valid for any purchase you make in Europe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MONICA S
HolidayInnGuestRel1, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Monica,

we truly appreciate your kind review about your stay at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre.
I´m personally very happy, that your experience with our service was amazing and that you liked the hotel as such.

We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you or your family back with us!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our stay in this hotel Holiday Inn was perfect! Room was very nice and clean, staff was friendly and helpfull, breakfast was excellent. Their beds are super, very comfortable sleeping. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hana H

Dear customers,

your words of praise about your stay with us are the best reward to the entire team of Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre hotel. Your kind rating is very encouraging. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you or your family back with us!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Visited Prague for pleasure. Holiday Inn and its customer service made it an even more pleasurable experience. Mark at the reception desk greeted us and was extremely helpful. He provided us with an area map and explained the transportation. This made our exploring the next day even better! The restaurant was amazing, from the appetizers to the dessert we enjoyed. The room exceeded our expectations, it was so cozy it made leaving a challenge. I am already planning a return trip and will stay at the Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Loretta H

Dear Customers,

we as entire team of Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre truly appreciate your highly positive comments about your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed our service. We are looking forward to welcome you back with us!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Celebrated our wedding with the Gala Buffet. It was amazing. Mouthwatering food, excellent service.
to anyone considering an event in Prague - speak to this team. Truly memorable food and a perfect day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,

we are truly happy that you chose Prague and Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre hotel as the right destination to celebrate your wedding and that we were able to fulfill and exceed your expectations and made your stay memorable experience!

Also thank you for encouraging others to stay with us.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon back with us at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Thank you for a great stay in your hotel, very pleasant and always helpfull staff, nice furnished room, outstanding dining experience. Especial thanks to reception manager - Mr. Martin Dolezal - you helped to make our stay really memorable by your excellent organizational skills and five stars services. Whenever we will go to Prague, will always choose just your hotel!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Peter,

thank you for your review on your recent stay at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre. I´m delighted to learn that you are pointing out the level of service delivered at our property. It was truly my pleasure to assist you during your stay in our hotel. It was very kind conversation and I just hope to have an opportunity to welcome you or your friends back to Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre for two nights during a business trip to the Czech Republic at the end of May. I was working with a couple of colleagues who also stayed at this hotel. We arrived late during the evening of Wednesday May 28, it's about 30-40 minutes from the airport depending on the time of day. Check in was very laborious even though it was around 22h00. I was in a queue behind two other guests and it must have taken about 30 minutes to check in since the staff member was doing everything including being telephone receptionist. It's always amazing to hear the silly questions some people ask! But it really should not have taken that long! I had a similar experience on the following days too Even with my 5 am check out. My room (which had no particular view) was acceptable if a little shabby and in need of renovation.

The bar was ok for a casual drink and not at all expensive for a hotel. The down side is that everybody smokes (or at least it seems like that!) and it's difficult to get away from the smell. We tried the breakfast offering and an evening meal on the second night. Service was with a smile and rapid and I can recommend these although the choice was a little limited compared to other hotels. Quality was average.

We spent all our time travelling to a business engagement 50 Km out of town early in the morning and used the hotel as somewhere to sleep. There were not so many amenities but there was access to a spa close by. The second night the hot & cold water was cut off! It stayed that way most of the night - I was lucky to get a shower the next morning (I left very early). Normally, I would recommend this hotel but was dissatisfied with the water problem and with the slow reception service which seemed due to the fact that only one person was on duty off peak and who catered to everybody (check in/out telephone etc).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnGuestRel1, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear customer,

Thank you for your communication of 14th July 2014.

Whilst I am happy that your visit was, on the whole, a pleasant experience, it concerns me that in some areas you found fault with our service.
I must apologize for the amount of time it took you to check in upon your arrival on the evening of 28th May – thirty minutes is an unacceptable amount of time for any guest to have to wait; also I am sorry for the inadequate service you received when checking out.
We generally maintain Reception with two agents during the night shift, at least until 22:00. It seems that an unlikely coincidence of unfortunate events occurred during your arrival and departure.

With regard to the smoking, unfortunately this is a problem inherent throughout the Czech Republic. We will, however, be maintaining a no-smoking policy throughout the hotel in the near future.

As for the breakfast and the evening meal, I am sorry you found our menu to be a little limited. It is our aim to serve the freshest of produce at all times and this entails a close examination of the menus so as not to necessitate a too large reserve of various foodstuffs.

I can well understand your dismay at the lack of water in your bathroom, hot and cold!
This problem, however, was on account of a burst pipe which occurred outside the hotel’s immediate domain. The resulting problem affected quite a large area of the neighborhood and included, unfortunately, the Holiday Inn hotel. By installing a spare water supply, we have taken steps to ensure this sort of problem will not affect us in the future.

Once again I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by the above problems, and hope you will soon return t our hotel for another visit, when I will be able to ensure that
you have a pleasant trouble-free stay

Yours sincerely

Karolína Churainová
Corporate Sales Manager

HOLIDAY INN Prague Congress Centre
Kongresové centrum Praha a.s.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Booked in here for a Conference as it seemed the best location. Location OK but the advertised direct link to the Congress Centre was shut.
I booked an Executive Room expecting some sort of Executive Lounge - But none!
The Hotel Lobby Smells like a Giant Ash Tray!
Location near to Underground which is 2 stops from where you really want to be.
Air conditioning poor and very noisey.
Breakfast was an awful Buffet. First in first served for many popular items (such as fresh fruit) as then it was gone!
All in all I was disappointed and would recommend another place which is just as close but with true Executive Facilities!
Bathroom Soap & Shampoo in Large Squeezy bottles - tacky! More what I would expect at a Youth Hostel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rosebuds63
HolidayInnGuestRel1, Manager at Holiday Inn Prague Congress Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication of 14th July 2014.

I am most concerned that your stay at our Prague hotel did not live up to your expectation. Unfortunately, you didn't attach your name to your email and this makes it well nigh impossible to investigate your complaint.

However, I would like to offer some explanations in reply to your stated points of view.

I am a little uncertain what you mean when you write about the direct link to the Conference Centre.
The two buildings, hotel and Conference Centre, are adjacent to one another, therefore the direct link is always open - either by walking the few meters from one to the other or by using the underground tunnel which links both buildings. The guestroom keycard allows access to the side door of the Prague Conference Centre, where guests can also make use of the fitness centre and the wellness facilities which house a small swimming pool and a whirlpool. The hotel itself has a mini-gym, accessible to all guests.

It is true that the Lobby area is sometimes a little smoky. This is due to the open Café area, where smoking is allowed. Unfortunately, smoking in cafes and restaurants is a problem inherent throughout the Czech Republic. Based on our management decision, agreed with the hotel owners, we will be maintaining a 100% no-smoking policy throughout the hotel commencing in September 2014.

As I am sure you know, buffet breakfasts are now the common form of service in hotels worldwide, and I am sorry that you found fault during your visit. This should not have been possible as it it our policy to replenish the food on offer as quickly as possible, thus always maintaining a fresh supply.

I am baffled as to your complaint regarding the Executive Room. Whilst I am unable to confirm your booking until I know your identity, I can assure you that all Executive Rooms are supplied with individual toiletries. The large squeezy bottles, filled with ADA, Sutton&Foster, high quality German cosmetics, are also placed in the bathrooms in case the individual phials are not sufficient.. All Executive Rooms have 24/7 access to the Executive Lounge, which is located on the sixth floor.

Our hotel is situated two minutes walk from the Metro station, allowing easy access to all areas of the city. Our Reception staff are on hand to give any advice regarding the best and quickest method for reaching any specific location.

Once again, may I express my apologies on behalf of the Prague Holiday Inn Hotel. I will be able to look more closely at your complaints should you wish to give me information regarding your booking.

Yours sincerely

Karolina Churainova
Corporate Sales Manager

HOLIDAY INN Prague Congress Centre
Kongresove centrum Praha a.s.