“Shame about the music”

Ibis Praha Mala Strana
Ranked #186 of 670 Hotels in Prague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at ibis mala strana during our 4D 3N stay in Prague. The room was basic and clean but a bit small. Hotel near Andel metro station and also various tram stations which is very convenient to go old town square and other attractions. My only and main unhappiness was that air-conditiong is not in operation. When I asked the reception, he said as it's still in April, only room heater system is in operation. He advised me to open the window if needed for the room to be cool. I think it's ridiculous as the hotel is just across a busy street with police siren,tram,human and traffic light non stop. I didn't sleep too well every night due to all these sounds. I will have think that at least we can have a choice of wanting air con or heater and not decided by the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Arnold T
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your views on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana. I am sorry that the air-condition and noise from the street made your stay unpleasant in our hotel, rest assured that the team and I will review your comments and we will do our best to improve on those points.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Ibis Praha Mala Strana in the future to check on our progress.
Regards, Michal Tomes
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have stayed in a number of ibis hotels throughout Europe and this one was no different, by this I mean, good service, friendly staff, basic, but clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast was included in the room rate and was actually quite good, a selection of cereals, cold meats, cheeses, cakes, pastries, tea, coffee, cold drinks etc etc.

The location is right next to a huge shopping precinct which contains a large tesco so it's good for bits of food, drinks etc. just 2 minutes walk to tram stops and about half hour walk to the centre of the old town, castle etc so not too far away.

The hotel can arrange a taxi service to and from the airport which I took advantage of. It cost me the equivalent of around £30 in total for the return journey, it was very convenient, good service and appeared to be cheaper than local taxis and without the hassle.

The hotel does have a room to leave your luggage in after checkout. There's was also a lot of European and American student groups staying in the hotel which did mean the breakfast room filled up quickly.

I would return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feed back on your recent stay with us at the Ibis Mala Strana hotel in Prague. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay and that we have managed to provide you with the level of service and comfort you were expecting.
I will be sharing your review with the team, as it is rewarding for us to read that you are satisfied.
Michal Tomes
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Good location close to the Metro line that takes you right into the heart of Prauge. Large shopping centre nearby with entertainment such as ten pin bowling and movies. Also Tesco and cash exchange machines.

Clean hotel, nice size rooms and free wifi!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your review on our hotel, we are all pleased at the Ibis Praha Mala Strana, that you have enjoyed your stay in the hotel, and in Prague. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Regards, Michal T.