“Prague in walking distance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Praha Mala Strana

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ibis Praha Mala Strana
Ranked #187 of 670 Hotels in Prague

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Were greated by a very nice reception clerk and most of them if not all but one were pleasant. One of them though didn't give a rat's you know what about customers. I got to the reception and there was a client in front of me. The clerk was speaking on the phone laughing and all and I assumed it was in order to get an answer to a question the client before me had asked. When she finally ended up hanging up the phone ( it was 5 good minutes while I was standing there but who knows how long total ) she says : "what can I do for you" to the client in front of me. I understood then that it was a private conversation, that she had been making us wait for the last five minutes and no : "sorry about that" or anything just casual " ok, now that I have nothing better to do, what do you want"! Found it unacceptable but maybe it is just me.

The room itself was fine. Nothing spectacular but the price paid vs quality is great. Might have used another towel or two as only one towel each is not enough specially with the design of the shower doors which makes the floor become wet from time to time.

The stars of the hotel were the blond woman working at the bar/restaurant ( thanks for the multiple ice bags ), the clerk that checked us in and out and the cleaning personnel specially the one that was speaking english and that was very kind to provide us with more towels and a very clean room.

The things to avoid are : the "mini-mart" next to the reception with prices that are out of this world ( 4,50 us$ for a small bottle of coke ? ) but it easily avoidable since there is a Tesco in the mall on the other side of the street and the restaurant. Simple fish and chips was dreadful and the burger was very bland. The onion soup was good though.

All in all, I would stay there again. I liked the location a little off-centered but easy to access and I liked most of the rest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank doumdoum1976
IBISMALASTRANA, General Manager at Ibis Praha Mala Strana, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,
first of all i would like to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and for your comments. Your remarks are important to us and will enable us to improve the quality of our offer and services in a matter to satisfy our guests' needs and expectations. I am happy that you gave me such a feedback on our services and hotel equipment. You can be sure that i will review all your points and i will do my best to improve in all these points. I already shared your feedback with my Team (especially with my Front office team, because your comment concerning the phone call of our staff is simply unacceptable) as well and made the necessary steps to prevent such an inconvenience in the future.
I hope this will not deter you from returning to Ibis Praha Mala Strana in the future to check on our progress with our welcome and restaurant services.
With my best regards,
Michal Tomes
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Good price and really close to tram station. About 7 mins walk to reach tram station. There's a few places near the hotel. We went to a nice lounge/bar for some drinks. The place is called jet set and it's 3 min walk from the hotel. The hotel food was okay.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your impressions on your recent stay in our hotel Ibis Praha Mala Strana, I am delighted that to read that you have enjoyed the hotel, the service and comfort of our hotel.
I will share this with the team and I do hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to Ibis Praha Mala Strana very soon.
Michal
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

This hotel is positioned ideally for all possible purposes of your journey - it´s very near to some main tourist attractions, connected perfectly by the public transport (metro, tram, buses around). You have also one of the best Czech shopping centres only a couple of metres from it.
It offers a standard service of the Ibis chain - simple rooms, wi-fi and good breakfast. Sometimes it´s a little bit frustrating that you meet the same rooms´ design here like in an Ibis in another country, it´s rather boring, but you know before what you get, nothing great, but a descent one, price/quality ratio is very good.
The staff is fine, young and full of smile, able to help and advise.

Room Tip: There is a lot of traffic around the hotel, so it´s better to choose from higher floors and with win...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
your very positive feedback serves as an inspiration for our Team, thank you. We will continue our efforts to provide memorable service and hope very much we can welcome you back soon in Ibis Praha Mala Strana.
With Best Regards, Michal Tomes
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

Between 2 and 5th of may, me and my family traveled to Prague and stayed in this hotel! It was the 5th time for us and we had a big surprise. We didn't saw the hotel in the past 3 years and now it looks really good! They revovated and changed the lobby! Really fancy!

The thing that is annoying are the prices in their bar! Drinks and stuff, in the lobby, are bloody expensive! It's a pitty, though!

The staff is very good and very helpful! We booked a double room and they offered a triple one, with no additional charges! So...thumb up!

Rooms are quite basic but we didn't mind, we are just sleeping there. The bathrooms can be creepy, with that missing shower/bathtub! All in all, they are very clean and enough, if you're just a busy tourist!

The hotel is really close to metro and tram, has the smichov shopping center 2 min away. If you want to eat near, we recommend from the heart Corleone restaurant and Coloseum pizza and pasta! Really good places with very good food and all.

Thank you, Ibis! We had another amazing city break in Prague!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments and for your loyalty to our hotel,
I will surely share your positive feed back with the team, we strive to always try to provide the best possible service to our guests, and I am pleased that we managed to make your stay an enjoyable one.
We hope to welcome you back very soon at Ibis Praha Mala Strana.
Regards, Michal