Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #69 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 14 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We stayed in this hotel during the first week of August. The room was large, functional and very clean. The decor is a little dated but well maintained. The hotel has a lot of interesting architectural features and an interesting history.Breakfast was included in our room rate and it was quite decent with hot and cold dishes to choose from. The staff at the hotel were very helpful when needed. One of the best things about this hotel for us is the location. A short walk from the main train station while sitting right outside the historic city centre. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Client,
Thank you very much for choosing hotel Century Old Town for your stay in Prague.
We would like to thank you also for your time to write this wonderfull review.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you soon back.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

On a business trip to Prague, I had the wonderful experience of staying at the Hotel Century in Old Town. My room was on the 1st floor. Small, 2 twin beds, bath w/shower, breakfast included. Although I wasn't too keen at first on the first floor, we had lovely doors that opened onto a courtyard. The beds were comfortable as were the pillows, the cleaning was immaculate. The weather was cooler, but the breeze was wonderful. Breakfast was delicious and varied with fruit, to hot made to order eggs. The staff was friendly and helpful. Centrally located, I would walk the city, across the Charles Bridge, up to Prague Castle, without a problem. I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to post your wonderfull comments on TripAdvisor.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with your stay. Your comments are truly appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again in the Hotel Century Old Town

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I didn't check out Trip Advisor before I stayed here. This was mainly due to the fact that I had no choice in the matter. This was a business trip. My colleagues had issues with their rooms, but my experience was fine. I felt I had the quietest room in the hotel - on the 5th floor at the back of the hotel. Everything was perfectly clean. The bedroom was comfortable. My only real complaint - no 'english tea' with the complimentary drinks in the room, which to be honest, is just nit picking. My work paid for breakfast for me for the 4 mornings I was there, and I was impressed with the variety. I just feel that the organisation could be a bit better to stop the queues which seemed to build up. The conference facilities which were provided were a little uncomfortable, but the refreshments which were provided for us were plentiful and made up for this.
This was my first visit to Prague. I enjoyed my time in the beautiful city. I'd certainly visit again, and I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor near the back of the hotel. 531, 532, 533 were good rooms to have.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Client,
We would like to thank you also for your time to write this nice review.

For the tea selection in the room, we have Earl Grey (English tea), Fruit Garden, Peppermint and Camomille. This is the selection which are in every room. On request we can also bring some other tea.

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

A pleasure to recommend this very nice hotel
Best central location of Prague
The staff very friendly and efficient
The front desk manager Ms Kristyna Vales ova and her staff are the best a hotel could have.
Allong with the lovely receptionist Sarka
The stay in this hotel was SUPERB
carry on the good work
Berty Mustacchi
Tel Aviv
Israel

Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure welcoming you to the Hotel Century Old Town in Prague and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for the comment for Kristyna and her team. For sure i will forward your nice comment to her

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon! Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I arrived to the hotel for four nights at the end of October to celebrate my birthday.
It was important to us to get a high floor,so,we got a room on the 5th floor (the highest floor) on the front side of the the hotel.
After a noisy night from the street , we asked to move to the inner side of the hotel.
The woman at the reception said that since we went for the weekend there is a trade-off and we could leave our bags in the luggage storage and go out on our daily trip, and when we get back to the hotel ,there will be a new room waiting for us on the quiet side of the hotel facing the courtyard.
When we got back we got a new room on the second floor where the ceiling seems higher than the previous room.Through the window we saw the courtyard with two large maple trees as you can see in postcards of autumn leaves ...

All rooms ( at least the two rooms we stayed in )has bathroom very clean with white modern design with Aromatic scented soaps for shower.

Inside the room there is a Wardrobe containing mini bar inside two bathrobes and Bathroom slippers and some extra blankets .

The Room is Air-conditioned with a TV , a hairdryer , a facility to place suitcase and an electric kettle with a number of teas , as well as a desk and another table for coffee or anything else.

There is free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. Ice machine on each floor for guests.

The hotel is clean, well maintained and tidy. Along the corridors bunk , old photos of Franz Kafka and the magical streets of Prague.

Breakfast was full of good things, and rich natural juices of all kinds , a variety of rolls and breads, yogurts and cereals , sausages , bacon , a selection of cheeses , fruits.
Omelets prepared upon request , as well as , boiled eggs , scrambled eggs and fried eggs .
Inside the refrigerators, in addition to the natural juices ,there were interesting desserts .
The kitchen staff and dining room staff are polite and welcoming , remarkable is the dining room manager who took care of us and other guests throughout breakfast (we should have asked her for her name to specify it here... ) .

The reception staff were very kind and patient and helped us with the city map and all other things we asked.

And now the location of the hotel:
The hotel is in the heart of the city, right at the exit of the hotel , just steps away , is a modern shopping Center called Palladium, few steps from there there is a Shopping Center,more veteran,called KOTVA.

From the hotel we reached to almost all tourist attractions provided by the city of Prague by foot. To get to the castle on the other side of the Voltava river we took a tram, just outside the palladium is a tram station from which we took line number 5 and then later replaced to Line 22 that got up to the castle .

So to make a long story short:
Great location , friendly service and the price is worth !

As I strongly recommend to all my acquaintance,and I'm sure that in the future if I will go to Prague, I will not think twice and I'll have a room at this fine hotel.

Regards,
Eran Fox
Israel

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner side of the hotel and on the lawer floors (2nd floor and higher) are quiter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EranFox

Dear Mr Fox,

In 2 words : Thank you !!!!

Thank you for having choosing the Hotel Century Old Town - MGallery collection - for your stay in Prague.
Thank you for this wonderfull comment on tripadvisor.

I hope that we will have the pleausre to welcome you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 November 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the hotel. I contacted them to arrange pick up from the airport which cost 590 Koruna.
Check in was quick and the staff very friendly. In fact we got a lovely greeting every time we entered or left the hotel.
The room was small with a very high ceiling. The bed was very comfortable and the room spotless. The bathroom was a good size with a good shower, no bath. We overlooked a courtyard so the room was very quiet.
Breakfast was a good buffet, with fresh cooked omelettes if you wanted.
The location is first class. Just a 5 minute walk from the Powder Tower enterance to the Old Town. Wenceslas Square is also close by. In fact we left the hotel at 10 each morning and didn't get back until late each evening.
We loved Prague and the hotel was perfect for our stay. I can definatley recommend it for a stay in this marvellous city.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebraChester
Christophe B, General Manager at Hotel Century Old Town Prague - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Guest,