“A great experience”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed in Golden Well with my girlfriend in December 2011.
I picked the hotel by its incredible ranking on Tripadvisor, it was ranked best in the world in 2011! The expectations were through the roof, but the hotel didn't disappoint.
The breakfast was unbelievable - I cannot stress this enough - you have to get it, it's maybe the best thing about the hotel. Buffet + a la carte + dessert + great coffee selection.
Our room was great. Everything worked, when we arrived we received a bottle of wine, a cake and a bowl of fruit, which was refilled every day. The jacuzzi was enormous! A small problem I had was that maids entered our room in the evening when we were still there, but it wasn't a big deal.
I'd recommend the hotel to everyone. Everyone was very helpful without going over the top and becoming annoying (as service can be in luxury hotels).

The only glitch I had was at checkout - I prepaid for the hotel, but the check for mini-bar, tips etc. came larger then expected - they told me that it was because of exchange-rate fluctuations because I paid for the room in EUR, but I didn't really understand what was going on since I paid for the room in advance.

Room Tip: Room 17 was fantastic, it had a corner jacuzzi and the largest bathroom in the hotel. Not the greate...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank d0vla
There are newer reviews for Golden Well Hotel

Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is amazing. It is even more lovely than we expected. The location by the castle is very convenient and the staff are unbelievable. Service level here is consistent with what we have experienced at the Four Seasons but at a much more affordable level.

If you love Art Deco you will really enjoy both the rooms and publice spaces. Outstanding collection of unique pieces that really fit the ambiance of this historic building.

If you are arriving from the US as we did yesterday have them arrange for an airport pick up. Our driver Robert was waiting as we left customs and wisked us off to the hotel. The room and a welcome drink were here when we arrived. No waiting for a 3:00 pm check-in like the major hotels in California!

Highly, highly recommend this property.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank 1Maggie
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Was a nice hotel, especially for Prague. The location was great, about 5-10 min from Charles Bridge, Castle, etc. We stayed in Room 21. The room also had AC that worked well which was nice as it was really warm when were were there. I wasn't a big fan of Prague so coming back to a good hotel at the end of the day was nice. The hotel has lots of little free extras such as: free Wine/Cheese plate upon arrival in our room, free drink upon arrival, free wifi, free desserts in your room each night, free happy hour in the lounge with drinks and snacks, free movies. The only complaint I had was we drove there from Germany and I emailed and specially asked if we needed a driving pass. The hotels response was no. Needless to say...we did and got a 1000ck ticket (which is a huge tourist scam by the corrupt police). While the friendliness of the staff was hit and miss, overall it was a very nice hotel. (I would never pay full price for the hotel, but it was well worth it for the the deal we got.)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissMandaMay
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at Golden Well early April this year during our Spring break and had two rooms.. Despite the weather being a bit chilly in Prague ,our stay at UZlate Studne was fantastic. Upon our arrival , folks at check in greeted us with cool and cleansing peppermint scented towels and our bags were whisked away to our rooms as we were given a tour of the facilities and had a refreshing complimentary drink on the terrace. Dinner that evening at Terrase was excellent. Table settings were beautiful and the view of the city from the terrace was just spectacular. A cool evening was made very tolerable by lots of heat lamps,a covered awning and cozy plaid blankets to keep out the chill. Venison arrived cooked perfectly (medium ) without a hint of gaminess. It was a very memorable meal. The only thing negative about Czech is that they still smoke a lot !! The inside restaurant of the hotel is non-smoking and the view still very nice but you give up the romance of out side dining. We traveled with 2 teen age daughters and they too had a pleasant dining experience. Out room had a wonderful city view and had nice Molten Brown toiletries. It was very clean and the people were so helpful. If I ever travel back to Prague I would stay here again. PS We liked this place even better than our stay at The Four Seasons in Budapest.

Room Tip: If you want to have a shower in your room make sure you ask about the accommodations. The superior t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveler716
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel is probably one of the best boutique hotels in the world, if you are in the city to feel the history, authenticity and especially if you like the food, the view, the location, the service. The hotel is far from being cheap but worth every penny. It is not a huge hotel, but offers almost everything that counts. I will definitely stay here again on my future visits to Prague. They are doing excellent work there, I would highly reccomend.

Room Tip: Book at least 6 months in advance and just ask for a room with the view of the city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpartanMiz
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed here end of March for 4 nights.We were going to get public transport but gald we decided to book our transfers before we arrived hotel is tucked away and im sure we wwould have had trouble finding it.Lovely welcome really nice hotel was a little disappointed breakfast wasnt included because everyone on here said it was lovely but 20euros each was a little to much for me to pay. spotless i could not see a speck of dust anywhere one little moan on behalf of hubby no shower in our room (31) didnt bother me but he only likes to shower that said go stay your be glad you did

Room Tip: If you like a shower ask that you room has one we didnt and it didnt
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrshilldevon
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Yeah okay... I read all the reviews and, being a cynic, thought... nup, gotta be overrated.
Wrong!
Magnificent hotel, magnificent staff, food over priced in the restaurant but the breakfast to die for, need a porter or two to help with luggage especially when the narrow street leading to the hotel is blocked by a delivery van...
Overall, a rich experience in an even richer city... if you haven't been to Prague you haven't travelled...just do it... and, like us... plan to go back...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple