“Three days of happiness”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #4 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Moscow
“Three days of happiness”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the hotel two nights in May. We booked Suite Rudolf II. There are a spacious living room and bedroom. The windows overlook the three sides.
I think Golden Well is one of the most romantic hotels in Europe. The hotel has excellent service. It was nice that the staff was attentive to the guests. Even the check in process enjoyable - hotel tour and a welcome glass of champagne on the terrace of the restaurant. I recommend to reserve a table at the restaurant for dinner - because the view from the terrace unforgettable and cuisine is gorgeous (Chef Pavel Sapik)! We also booked a city tour with the help of the hotel (Svetlana is a good guide and a nice person).
The hotel exceeded our expectations! Thank you to all the staff that you have given us three days of happiness)))

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Vitoria, ES
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Me and my wife stayed at Golden Well in the last week of May;2012 and we were very impressed with it. The hotel is located on quiet spot in Malá Strana with a beautiful view of Prague and the citý's main attractions are within a few minutes walking.
It's a small charming hotel with well decorated rooms and a staff that takes care of each detail to make you feel more confortable all the time.
We'll surely be back in Prague on day and we are gonna stay at the Golden Well one more time.
I truly recommend the Golden Well for everyone.

1 Thank pedrocsn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is such a gem of a hotel. The entrance is at the end of a very narrow street and once through it opens up to a courtyard with the reception beyond. It feels intimate and very special. The staff are wonderful and very helpful. Upon arrival a refreshing towel is produced plus a welcome cool drink, just fantastic after a hot trip from the airport.The hotel is located beneath Prague Castle and looks out to part of the Castle grounds. The surrounding area has parliament buildings and lots of embassies consequently security is high. (Brilliant, I liked this) The restaurant looks out over Prague. Make sure you book the restaurant in advance as you cannot get a table, due to it's popularity, on the same day, a hotel resident or not. Breakfast can be eaten outside on the terrace when it is hot. Extensive choice of food for breakfast. Rooms are very nicely furnished and a nice touch was the welcome plate of fruit in the room and the good night cake!!!! Excellent air conditioning which is easy to control. Bottles of cold water are in the room plus reception will always provide a cold, refreshing drink when returning from sightseeing. I would have liked a shower rather than a bath tub, but state that when booking as this hotel really does want you to be happy. If anything is not to your taste just say , this is a very special hotel. If you do not like unusual, different hotels then choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: All I can say is that if you want a shower, then say on booking. Not all bathrooms have one which is...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Josh049
Wiener Neustadt, Austria
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel in May 2012 and we were impressed by location, accommodation, quality and exceptional hotel service. It was hotel with family ambiance where the hotel staff was taking care of each detail and each of our wish. We will return to this hotel with pleasure and would recommend it definitely for people searching for excellent hotel quality above expectations.
Thank you for pleasant stay.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2012

If you are looking for a luxury boutique hotel in a historic but well maintained facility with unsurpassed views of the city, then this is the one. The service was excellent, with many personal touches. The views from the restaurant and the open terrace below it (available for guests to unwind) are stunning. It is on a small side street, which made it very quiet and provides some shelter when you need it from the throngs of tourists which have begun descending on Prague for the summer season. The room was quite comfortable, with the only drawback being that our bathroom lacked a "stand up" shower, but I found out later you can request a room with one. It is very convenient to the castle and Mala Strana area, but a bit of a hike down the hill to the Stare Mesto area.

Room Tip: Ask for room with a stand up shower of you want this.
1 Thank Rob W
Chantilly, VA
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Wow! The Golden Well Hotel is now one of my three favorite hotels in the world and I travel quite a bit. The Golden Well has an understated elegance that makes you feel comfortable whether in Armani or Nike. Everything about our stay was exceptional. It is the little things that make such a difference when you are traveling and the Golden Well thinks of every little thing! I know I will be repeating much of what has been said in previous reviews but I just can’t help myself.

I booked Room 33 for the view and I wasn’t disappointed. It was worth the extra 30 Euros to wake up to that view which I will never forget. Although, any of the rooms that look out to the castle gardens look wonderful too. The bed, bedding, bathroom and room décor is beautiful. The hotel is small with little courtyards all over the place so that you always felt like you had the place to yourself. The staff is so welcoming and helpful. We arrived late but they went out of their way to help with anything we could require. They also offer to run a hot bath for you after a long day of sightseeing, while you relax in their cozy club lounge with complementary coffee, tea, or wine and hors d'oeuvre samplings from the chef.

The breakfast, served on the upper terrace, was out of this world; with I’m sure one of the best views of Prague you could hope for. We came in to find a beautiful continental buffet with every type of bread, pastry, jam, fruit you could want. The homemade yogurt was to die for. I thought I had misunderstood our booking in which the room included a full A la Carte breakfast, but I was perfectly fine with the buffet. Then they brought the menu! Needless to say, that after the additional perfect raspberry crepes, I did not need to eat again until dinner! We did not eat dinner in the restaurant, with the same amazing view, because we were always out and about. I am sure though, that the food is amazing if the breakfast was anything to go by.

I hesitated on choosing this hotel because of the location. I felt that most of the hotels were on the Old Town side of the river. Again, the Golden Well does not disappoint. It is located in a very quiet and very safe area just below the castle complex. There is a town square with lots of places to eat within a five minute walk, but not nearly as hectic and crowded as the tourist area on the other side of the river. We were able to easily walk to Petrin Hill and the castle complex for some more amazing views. My only regret is that we did not get to stay longer. We will be back!!

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We have, over the last 30 years stayed at some of the best hotels in the world and this is up there with the very best.

It was so good it is almost difficult to single anything out, but I would mention the staff. They could not have been more willing to help, make suggestions and arrange excellent guides. Without exception, their standard of spoken English was excellent.

They have raised friendliness without familiarity to an art form!

There were a host of little details to make our stay more enjoyable, such as wine and nibbles served in the drawing room between 4.00 pm and 6.00pm for which no extra charge is made.

Finally, the bill at the end was completely ‘straight’ and clearly designed to be understood at a glance.

How often do you find that, even in a hotel of this class?

This is a superb hotel. We will be back -and the sooner the better!

Patrick & Bridget, Devon, England

Room Tip: Ask for the room (I think it may be 16) which has the best view over the city oif Prague.
1 Thank PatrickNicholls