“This special hotel is not to be missed!”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #4 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Round Rock, Texas
“This special hotel is not to be missed!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

From the moment we arrived at the Golden Well, we felt pampered. The desk clerk greeted us with sparkling wine and personaly took us on a tour of the hotel, pointing out the ancient construction details and rooms available to the hotel guests. Our room was lovely with a king size bed, a small reception/office room and a lovely bath. We were welcomed with wine, a fruit tray, and an unexpected treat of a delicious creme puff served on a glass covered plate. We went in early March, anticipating the weather to be bitterly cold, and we were pleasantly surprised with beautiful cool and sunny weather allowing us to open our window at night. We had a great night's sleep on the wonderful linens and beds in the hotel. The staff at the hotel booked a walking tour for us which introduced us to this magical city. If you stay at the hotel, you must eat at the restaurant - the service is impeccable and the food is 5 star. They serve a fabulous dinner and delicious breakfast every morning--make sure you are hungry because you will want to try everything. I can honestly say that this is by far the most elegant, special hotel experience of my life.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor--corner room.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LonghornTrio
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear LonghornTrio,

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay at the Golden Well Hotel. I was glad that we met your expectations and that you found the service and hotel facilities to your liking. It is also great to read that you enjoyed the brilliant breakfast and dinner we serve. Please do come and visit us again soon. It was a great pleasure to be the most elegant, special hotel experience of your life.

My best regards,
Jiri Hlavaty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Golden Well on my first visit to Prague in early May - just an intuitive selection after an online search. Tucked up against the walls of Prague Castle, with its own private entrance into the Castle gardens, this boutique hotel has only nineteen rooms on three floors. My room (#41) was on the top floor, with gable windows looking out over Mala Strana. Even though it was across from the elevator, it was incredibly quiet; and the only time I saw other guests was at breakfast. The room, and the entire hotel, were impeccably clean and well-appointed with an attentive but non-intrusive staff. The dining room, especially the terrace, is outstanding for dinner, with views out over Mala Strana toward the river and across to Old Town. Note that because of its location, you will always have to walk up or down hill when coming back to, or leaving, the hotel; but it's a short, modest climb and no trouble for anyone in even modest shape. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rover027
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 10 May 2014

and back in 2014. It still doesn't disappoint! They continue to update with the great japanese style toilet! (yes it's great) to updated showers and great food and service. We also ate dinner at their sister hotel but finished dinner on the terrace the last night we were there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 7racer
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear 7racer,

Many thanks for your kind words following your recent second stay with us at the Golden Well Hotel in Prague. I was delighted that we met your high expectations and that you enjoyed our small updates and improvements in the room. I am also happy to hear you had a great time in both of our restaurants. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,

U.S.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the hotel and had a wonderful experience. We were greeted with a brief tour and glass of wine that made us feel welcome. Our room was lovely with a beautiful view of the gardens. We had a wonderful meal at the restaurant in the hotel and lovely snacks delivered to our room. The location was great for walking into the main square and visiting the castle. It was a perfect place to stay (and very romantic also).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank geophiz
Dear geophiz,

I was absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Golden Well Hotel. I was especially happy to read that you found your arrival tour and drink to be welcoming and that you enjoyed the views from your room.

I really do appreciate your kind words and please do come back and stay with us again soon.

My best wishes,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent two nights at this delightful hotel in Prague as part of a weekend away to celebrate a friend's birthday. And the main reason I booked it was because it had such great reviews on TripAdvisor! I was not disappointed. The whole booking process was easy and personal and from the moment the hotel car picked us up at the airport until they dropped us back, things couldn't have been better. Friendly, professional service from everyone in the hotel, an AMAZING setting with commanding views over the city and great food in the hotel restaurant overlooking the terrace. The room was great and offered us a bit of a view over the castle gardens - they even went to the trouble of writing my friend a birthday card and giving us a birthday cake to share! If you have a few days in Prague and want to be thoroughly spoiled in a beautiful hotel with it's own private gate into the castle, then the Golden Well is for you!

Room Tip: I booked last minute so I didn't specify a room - but the room we got was great. Not the best v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel in mid-April. This hotel is in a quiet cul-de-sac at the foot of the castle and steeped in history. Beautiful views of Prague from the terraces. Direct access to the castle from the back of the hotel. Well thought out and proportioned rooms. Immaculately clean throughout. Staff were the stars - always helpful and trying hard to oblige.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Paddingalong,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Well hotel for the duration of your stay, and also to thank you for taking the time to add feedback.

I am also pleased to know that you found the style of the room and the location of the hotel to be satisfying and that you enjoyed the views of the city from our cozy roof terrace. I am very proud of our staff as they constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and so I am pleased that they made you feel welcome and accommodated your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Well hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Minneapolis
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Golden Well in Prague twice in April at the beginning and the end of a wonderful trip. This was the best hotel we have ever experienced. The service, the setting, the location, and the food were perfect. The staff recommended restaurants, tours, guides and travel tips and every one was right on the money. The view from the restaurant and the food at breakfast and dinner were fabulous. And we loved the little treats by our bed each night. Prague is a beautiful city and the Golden Well made it magical.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R0manna
Dear R0manna,

It is wonderful to read that you had a chance to stay twice in a while at the Golden Well Hotel in Prague and thank you for sharing your kind review about your visit.

Our staff like to ensure that our guests have a truly memorable stay with us and that they have everything they may need. I am delighted that you enjoyed your good night amenities as well as the breakfast and dinner time in our restaurant. Sitting there and enjoying the views and delicious food is really a magical experience.

Your comments are most appreciated, I will be more than happy to share them with the team.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Golden Well in the nearest future.

Yours sincerely,