“Very nice and luxury hotel”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at attic room, the view from the room is amazing! We saw the whole view of Prague. Also, the location is great, just under the castle. There is a shortcut between the hotel and the castle, very convenient. The staff are kind and helpful. Last but not least, the breakfast and the bread are so delicious, there is a variety of salty and sweet breakfast for choosing. We had a great time at Golden Well.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linlinch
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Linlinch,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about the Golden Well Hotel and how delightful to hear that you had a great time here with us! We certainly work hard to achieve this and it is rewarding and reassuring to receive such comments as yours. We are small and intimate and do have a very dedicated team who want to make your stay memorable to I am thrilled that we did this for you.

I do hope that we will have pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance.

Warm regards,

Jiri Hlavaty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,813)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Golden Well is a hotel on an entirely different level than most because the staff are absolutely committed to offering outstanding service every step of the way. We have stayed in many, many fine hotels, yet the Golden Well distinguishes itself in the finer points of customer service. The rooms and views are stunning. The breakfast is outstanding! We also had an marvelous dinner there one evening. The location in Prague is ideal for convenient access to all the major sites, but is quiet. We were able to leave our windows open at night and slept wonderfully. We will recommend this hotel to all our friends and look forward to staying there again!

Dear Linda S,

Thank you for your review on Golden Well Hotel following your recent visit with us and I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are a small classic boutique hotel in a very prime location and indeed a beautiful neighborhood, close to the iconic sites as well as some wonderful pubs and bars. I am delighted that you managed to enjoy breakfast with us as well, as you call it, a marvelous dinner. Thank you for your kind words about the service and staff which I have passed to everyone and thank you also for your recommendation.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fabulous stay, had booked the romantic package for 2 nights in the Tycho Brahe suite- from the pick up at the airport, through the wonderful meal at the restaurant, all the extras to the drop off at the airport, couldn't speak highly enough of the whole experience. Very personal and fantastic staff and hotel. Definitely visit here!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2014

After 5 glorious nights at this hotel, we decided that on our next trip to Europe we will come back to Prague just to stay here.

I will echo what so many others have said here - the staff, the service, the location, the rooms - everything was perfect. I have stayed at many nice hotels. The reason this one is the best is the combination of the quality of the staff, the rooms, the fact that as a boutique hotel it offers a more personalized service, and the city of Prague. Oh, and the restaurant - cannot forget the restaurant.

I recommend getting the included breakfast, which is huge and very good. We never had to have lunch. The waitresses were very attentive.

We spent every evening lounging on the sofa on the bar terrace, drinking wine and looking at the views. For most of those nights we were tended to by Jiri, who served us wine, brought me blankets when it got colder and essentially made sure we wanted for nothing. One night we had dinner in the restaurant and on another we had it on this terrace, where we were the only people there. I simply cannot find the words to accurately describe how special and romantic this setting is.

Like so many other reviewers, I believe this hotel is the nicest place I have ever stayed, and likely ever will. Even if I don't want another visit to the city of Prague, I would come here to experience this hotel again. I wish Canada was not so far away...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat Y
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Pat Y,

Thank you for your brilliant review of your recent stay at the Golden Well Hotel.

It gives me great pleasure to learn that you chose to join us for your Prague visit and that you had a perfect experience with us. It gives me great pleasure to know that our boutique hotel offered you a true Prague experience and that you felt right at home in the traditional atmosphere of the hotel.

Our Executive Chef will be thrilled to learn that you found the food in Terasa Restaurant to be to your satisfaction and that the breakfast was a great start to the day. We invest greatly into the training of our staff and I am thrilled that you noticed the professionalism and level of care shown by my team; I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of the staff here.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Well Hotel soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Traveling doesn't get any better than this boutique hotel. Rooms have high-speed internet -- the only place I stayed this was not an "extra." Amazing amuse-bouche treats are offered in a setting you can meet other wise travellers. Every person was pleasant, hard-working, and communicative. And the setting! You can't go wrong staying in historic Prague, but in Prague there can't be much better than this.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I've never experienced such great service before at any hotel, it was just impeccable! This by far exceeded my expectations! The location is on a tiny quiet street below the castle, but not far from charles bridge and the old town square. Very easy to navigate around and a very easy walk. I loved the fact that we were able to have back access to the castle. Great coffee machines in the rooms, clean, and really loved the rain shower! The heated toilet seat was great in the chilly mornings!

Dear Roxii,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide this fantastic feedback of your stay at the Golden Well Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. The hotel is ideally situated right in the heart of Lesser Town district and I am thrilled that you found it convenient to the main sites of the city and to the Castle. We take great pride in our service here at the Golden Well and it gives me great pleasure to know that you experienced our five star treatment.

I hope to welcome you again to the Golden Well Hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Ideal quiet location with private access to Castle grounds. Short walk to Charles Bridge and Old Town. Great facilities. Amazing service. Quite honestly, the best hotel experience I ever had in 50 years of travelling.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arthurjj2
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Arthurjj2,

Thank you for taking the time to post a lovely review of your stay at the Golden Well Hotel. It has been our pleasure to host you, and your succinct summing up of all the details that makes Golden Well so special has been forwarded to the management team. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and thank you for naming it the best hotel experience in 50 years of travelling - it is the highest compliment for us!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Golden Well before too long.

Kind Regards,