“Loved this boutique hotel!”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in April of 2014. The hotel is simply lovely. It has so much character and lot of areas to relax indoors and outdoors. The service is tremendous. The staff is always looking to assist. You are welcomed with a cocktail and a light snack as a staff member goes over a map and all the amenities of the hotel. I loved how you could head up to the castle with the hotel private entrance and the fresh fruit in your room. It was quite handy and a beautiful walk with a tremendous view. We had one small housekeeping issue of which the front desk addressed immediately. They also provided us with a bottle of wine for the inconvenience. It is all the small details of this hotel that make it spectacular. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NFPaTony
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear NFPaTony,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the site following your stay with us in April and I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you thought the hotel was simply lovely, service was tremendous and the staff were attentive.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the private gate to the Prague Castle leading from our upper terrace as well as the room and amenities.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

From arrival to departure, the Golden Well was absolutely wonderful. The staff is professional and warm. The room was charming, accomodating, and special. The food was awesome. We had breakfast each morning and fortunately had an amazing dinner there one evening. It was superb. When we first arrived, I was struck by how picturesque the entry was. I felt I was stepping into a postcard. Simple, beautiful, romantic and such character. Very personal attention. They made our trip to Prague all the more special and memorable. Oh! and the view and accessibility to the castle were great! I highly recommend the Golden Well. Would stay there again without a doubt!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danette S

Dear Danette S,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your recent stay with us and I am thrilled to hear that you were treated like royalty and felt pampered throughout your stay.

I am also delighted that you liked your room, which you felt was charming and special. It is very rewarding to hear that the team were professional and warm, I have passed your kind words to everyone. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and the dinner in our award winning terrace restaurant! I believe it was a memorable experience.

I do hope that you will return on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We could have opted for a cheaper hotel, which also got high service ratings, but are so glad we chose the golden well. The hotel has the number one rated restaurant in Prague. Breakfast every day here was a treat. The hotel also has amazing views of the city. My husband mentioned when booking that it was a special occasion, so they put us in room 35 (many other reviewers have commented on the great views from this room--castle, garden, and city views). The air conditioning was broken (we came during a heat wave), but they took care of that efficiently and professionally.
But what really sets this hotel apart are the staff. Simon, Jakub, Bianca, Rayisa, and even the mechanic to fix our ac were superb.

Room Tip: Floors 3 and 4 have the best views, but floor 2 garden views are nice too. If you want to pay less...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank r7k
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hard to offer much that is new that hasn't been said. So close to so much, but completely tranquil and peaceful. The building has lots of character and amazing views. The terrace restaurant is terrific and has one of the best views in the city. The staff was unfailingly helpful and friendly. The boutique size of the property makes the feeling very intimate and welcoming. We spent a week here and were reluctant to move on to our next destination. Each room is different, but I would doubt there is a bad room in the entire hotel. The wireless access was excellent.

Room Tip: The building has multiple levels, so the views are good from all floors, but improve as you go up...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dtgoug
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Golden Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear dtgoug,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent one week stay at the Golden Well Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed the hotel facilities and also the Wi-Fi. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet service in the hotel and it was great to read that rated this service very highly. I was also really pleased that you enjoyed our food and bevearge service and the overall service you received. I have passed on your kind words to the great team here at the hotel and I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of nights. Exemplary service; outstanding views and food at the restaurant. Plenty of luxurious touches in an otherwise generically finished building. Rooms are small but comfortable. Stay for sure, but Four Seasons luxury is only available there (moved there).

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank a n

Dear a n,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us. I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the restaurant which, as you mention, does indeed have stunning views over Prague's rooftops and excellent food.

Many thanks once again,

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have been in prague for a weekly the end of June. The place, the kindness of the stuff and the royal atmosphere that surround the room (36) is a continuation of the magical feeling in the all city. You can easily notice the high quality of the stuff, including everybody. Finally, We must emphasize the quality of the breakfasts. It's wonderful!!! We hope to come again someday, in our next vacation to this beautiful city.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Or L

Dear Or L,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay at the Golden Well Hotel. I was delighted to read that we met your expectations and that you felt you were treated like royalty. Our aim here is to ensure that each and every guest has a fantastic stay with us. Thank you for emphasizing the quality of breakfasts!

I really do hope that you will come and stay with us again in the near future.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

You see a lot of wonderful reviews of this boutique hotel located on the castle hill overlooking Prague. Its all true----very nice rooms, nice views, comfortable beds, modern bathrooms with large bathtubs, attentive (and English speaking) staff, great breakfast.

We spent a relaxing three nights at the Golden Well, at rooms 35 and 42. Room 35 is an upgraded room, and has nice views of the garden terraces below the castle, and then across the red tile roofs of the Mala Strana.

I've seldom looked forward to breakfast more than I have here---nice touches, such as vegetable juices, large tea selection, fresh fruit, local breads and rolls, etc. The hot breakfast includes a course typically of egg-something (omelette or prepared your way) and meat (bacon, sausage or salmon), and/or a "sweet" which is a pancake (think crepe), griddle cake (think pancake) and french toast. The wait staff is appropriately attentive and professional. The restaurant here is one of Prague's best, and you can tell that event at breakfast. I'm extra fussy about how things like eggs and bacon are cooked, and they aced it every time. The terrace view over Prague is beautiful as well.

Tips or advice? The Golden Well is located at the end of a dead end street that is single lane for the last stretch--so don't be surprised if, upon arrival, your taxi or car stops at the bottom of the last stretch, and Alexander the porter wheels down for your bags (by the way, Alexander is in our personal Hall of Fame for hotel staff---he had the old school knack of knowing your name, being close enough but not overbearing, and anticipating anything you would need---tip him generously!). Having the hotel arrange for transport is a good idea, but you will find taxis down the hill (if you need one--Prague is very walkable). Virtually every street we walked on seemed to be cobblestone, so don't worry about fashionable footwear. There's not a plethora of dining on the hill up to the hotel, but there is a nice selection down the hill within the Mala Strana, and of course, across the river in old/new town, etc. Don't be shy about ducking into the crowded, noisy beer halls you see here and there---the beer and basic food is good, and its more authentic. There is one near the steps to the castle, and another down by the bridge.

Room Tip: I don't know if you can go wrong here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank StandsWithFist

Dear StandsWithFist,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review following your recent stay with us at the Golden Well Hotel. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and especially the rooms 35 and 42. I'm delighted you appreciated the staff and service, found the location convenient, and enjoyed our breakfast offering. I have passed on your kind words to the team and I hope that you will be visiting us once again in the near future.

With renewed thanks,