Golden Well Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,826 results
All reviewsu zlate studnecastle gardensprivate entranceturn down servicepillow menucharles bridgerooftop restaurantold townwelcome drinkevery afternoonboutique hotelspecial hotelapple tvmala stranawonderful hotelsparkling winedinner reservations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2009

I travel to Prague 4 or 5 times a year for business purposes and
I always try to enjoy a different hotel due to the great variety and
quality of them all.
U Zlate Studne is a place to come back again and again.
In fact I'll be back in April and I hope to be able to get reservations.
Since Prague has been discovered as a great vacation destination all hotels are very busy,especially the good ones like this one.
The service is excellent and helpful to a fault,always willing to
advise or help in every way possible.Most of them are multilingual so getting across was very easy.
The rooms are well appointed and rather larger than usual,very clean with crisp bed linens and fluffy towels changed as many times as we requested it by smiling maids.
I enjoyed the quietness of the rooms and the spacious bathroom that smelled like freshly cleaned and inspected.
I like the location close enough to walk practically anywhere any time of the day or night.
To check in was super fast and before we knew all our items were carefully placed where they belonged.
Check out was even easier just having to sign for the credit cards charges with a wide smile and a warm farewell by the
staff on duty.
Our car was awaiting as we had requested before and we were at Ruzyne Airport with enough time to enjoy a cocktail and relax.
U Zlatne Studne was to us a Well full of Gold and we look forward to return in April.
Again a glorious spring in Prague awaits us...

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank louisphillippe
Reviewed 28 January 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at the Golden Well. I had read many of the reviews on this site and decided to try it out. It was fantastic. We were personally greeted as we entered the property (at 6:30am) and allowed early check in after the long flight. The service was amazing and the people were great. The location was great (5 minute walk from Charles Bridge, 10 minutes from Old Town and right next to the Castle.) I will definitely stay there in the future and they give us one more reason to visit Prague!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bhosto
Reviewed 17 January 2009

The Golden Well is a wonderful hotel & we would recommend it to anyone going to Prague. Great location (close to Charles Bridge, Castle, and many other sites). Had free breakfast included in rate which was good & had wonderful views from their restaurant. Staff was very nice & helped us with many questions. Our WIFI computer connection was slow but they brought us an ethernet cord which fixed the problem. They even looked into the problem again for us the next day. On first day, concierage very friendly & gave us tour of hotel which is an old mansion. Lots of charm. Room was very clean, cleaning staff very friendly, bathroom had towel warmer & heated floors which was great for cold January. Received sparkling wine & fruit upon arrival. Free tea/coffee & early evening appetizers. Lots of DVDs to borrow. EXCELLENT CHOICE OF HOTEL FOR PRAGUE!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimitravel
Reviewed 8 January 2009

This was my second trip to Prague. First time I stayed with my boyfriend at the KK Fenix Hotel in the newer part of town, so this time I wanted something a bit different.

I spent ages on Tripadvisor and Expedia looking at hotels and reading reviews. Then I came across the Golden Well Hotel. Every picture looked beautiful and every review was fantastic. It was a bit more expensive than some of the others - but I went for it anyway. I paid extra for the hotel to arrange a driver who was waiting for us at the airport and escorted us back to the hotel in a black Mercedes.

Then we saw the hotel which was amazing. It's clean, old, been beautifuly restored, warm, secure, cute, modern twists, fantastic service, amazing food and glorious views. The staff could do anymore to help you, and the rooms are beautiful. Very luxurious, views over the whole of the City and jacuzzi baths with heated floors. You even get Molton Brown products and bathrobes including slippers. It was just what you needed after a long cold day with lots of walking. If I could give you one bit of advice it would be to stay at the Golden Well Hotel. The transfer back int eh car was also smooth, ontime and reasonably priced. It stopped you being ripped off.

Unfortunately service outside of the hotel left a little to be desired. The Czech waiters clearly need to go to 'waiter school'. They don't apear to like tourists, especially the English and are very rude. I was aware of the service charge per person that gets added to the bill - this is for the use of the knives and forks (i know) and salt and pepper. However be aware of a bill that cones at the end of the meal which is handwritten. They add about 10% on for themselves and hope you don't notice - even thought the bill says the tip is not included. When I questioned te waiter about this - he got extremely offended and threw money at me.

This 'great' service continued in the Old Square the following day. We ordered 2 soups and a main (as there were 3 of us) and he brought out 3 soups and a main. We told him this was wrong - why would we need 4 meals when there were only 3? We told him he'd made a mistake and brought one extra soup - when he shouted he knows what we ordered, how we messed him around and shook his head at us. We thought about walking out, and would have done had we not been sooo cold. He ignored us for the rest of the stay.

Do visit the Church, Charles Bridge and streets. Do visit the Jewish Quarter, Old Town Square and Church of Our Lady Do visit the Astronomical Clock on the hour for the show Do visit Wenscelus Square for newer shops Do stop and drink 'hot wine' when it's cold - it really warms your cockles. Do take their money - the Koruna - you get more for your money and if you pay in Euro's it's ALOT more expensive. There is currently 24 to the Euro/Pound

Hope this helps x

4  Thank chelthewsporris
Reviewed 7 January 2009

The Golden Well is a truly wonderful boutique hotel. We stopped off in Prague on our way driving home from Poland and we were really glad that we chose this hotel. They go well beyond the extra mile and are very focused on making sure that your stay is first class.
The welcome was the best i have experienced at any 5 star hotel. In particular we appreciated the way they helped us plan our visit around prague as we were only staying one night and wanted to maximise the use of our time. The hotel is located in a convenient walking distance of all the attractions of prague yet it's set back in a delightful and quiet cul de sac so you are ensured a peaceful stay. The rooms are exceptional with free wifi, an ipod in each room, a jacuzzi and complimentary access to a dvd library. We visited the restaurant for breakfast and the food was lovely. The unique view from the restaurant across the entire city is incredible. If you are thinking of a hotel in this price range...book this one!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple