“Absolutely Fantastic”

Ranked #3 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Surrey
“Absolutely Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2009

We've recently returned from a long weekend in Prague at the Golden Well Hotel and it certainly lived up to expectations... indeed it exceeded them! We can easily see why the hotel has won the Trip Advisor award!

The staff are all lovely; so very friendly and helpful. They make such an effort to ensure you enjoy your stay in Prague and their attention to detail is fantastic. It really does have a very comforting atmosphere.

Our room was lovely and exceptionally clean - the pre-loaded i-pod on the bedside table is a lovely touch. The bathroom didn't have separate shower but the jacuzzi bath was enormous and had a hand-held shower which was absolutely fine. The breakfast buffet was delicious but the cooked breakfasts are a real treat - again, the staff are very efficient and friendly.

The hotel itself is in a perfect location; very close to the Castle and Charles Bridge. Basically, it's walking distance from everywhere. There are plenty of lovely restaurants and bars if you explore the little lanes nearby.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone, it's a real find!

1 Thank DandLSurrey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Athens
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

I have one word for this hotel : Magical!

Everything was excellent and perfect for our honeymoon. Upon arrival at the airport, a Mercedes picked us up and took us directly to the hotel. There, we had a very warm welcome and were given a room with a magical view of the city!

Room + Room Service
The room was spacious with all comforts & jacuzzi plus heated floor in the bathroom. As honeymooners, a yogurt cake + amuse bouche + fruits were waiting for us in the room to enjoy. At 20:00 the maid knocked our door and told us she was there for turndown service. Not knowing what it was, we left her do her job. She put towels on the floor in each side of the bed accompanied by new slippers. She made the bed to be ready for sleeping, put 1 bottle of water on each bedside table and prepared the bathroom for us. Lastly she left a paper on the bed with the weather forecast for the next day. We were astonished by the quality of the service and we had a very nice sleep. The next morning and for the rest of the days we stayed there, a copy of a newspaper was waiting outside our door.

Location
The hotel is situated near the new parliament, which means that there are policemen everywhere (this is a good thing if you want to stay out late). It is also a 5 minute walk from Charles Bridge and a 8 minute walk from the nearest Metro Station. I believe that the location of the hotel is very strategically placed, as it is near all major sightseeing parts of prague. We only had to take the Metro twice (once for the National Museum and one more for Visehrad). I recommend if you are up to it, to walk your way in the city. We averaged 8 hours of walking per day, but I believe there were all worth it.

Restaurant
The restaurant was at the top floor and had a beautiful panoramic view of the whole city. The breakfast was somewhat poor comparing to the rest of the amenities. I am not saying that it had a poor breakfast. On the contrary it had it all and you could also order extra breakfast. But since I am Greek, I need quantity in my breakfast not quality.
The same goes for the 7 course degustation menu that we had. I know that they have an award winning chef, but I don't like eating raw food (this is a personal opinion, some of you may like tartar dishes or meat with blood in it).

Everyone, from the manager to the bell boy, where very kind, very helpful and with a smile on their faces. All I can say about the service is this : Excellent!

Extras
Everyday from 17:00 till 19:00 in the main iving room of the hotel, they would bring fingerfood and wine, which was on the house. We gathered there 2 or 3 times during our stay and we had a lovely chat with the rest of the guests.

As a conclusion I would have to say that this hotel was well worth the money. I would definately recommend it to a friend or any other for that matter. The only side effect of the hotel is, that smoking is prohibited through out the premises except for one place which is in a hall way under the restaurant.

warwickshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2009

My husband and I have just come back from spending Valentines Day weekend in this wonderful hotel in Prague. I had read all the reviews and so was optimistic but the reality exceeded my expectations. We simply could not fault their service, nothing was too much trouble. Concert tickets, restaurant recommendations (we went to restaurant David on their advice and it was excellent) etc.

One really nice touch was the finger food/buffet and drinks served at 5pm in a really cosy lounge. All too easy to stay and eat and drink too much! We had a superb meal on Valentine's day itself in the hotel, the food and service were great. Only one niggle the cost of the wine and glasses of champagne were out of proportion to the cost of the meal. But this did not spoil our enjoyment of a very romantic evening.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, and I have already done so!

1 Thank jillybeans88
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2009

I recently stayed in the hotel with my wife for a short break in Prague. All other reviews say it all - it really is perfect. I have stayed in Prague four times previously, the Golden Well is the best I have experienced by a long way. Other hotels throughout the world have a lot to learn about customer service when compared to the Golden Well. If you are trawling websites searching for the perfect Prague hotel for a romantic break, look no further than this hotel. They do everything from meet and greet at the airport, to welcome drinks and explanations of the city, bags taken to your room before you notice, dinner reservations, reservations at the opera etc etc. We tried to test their patience with requests for this and that, everytime we were greeted with a smile and a 'No problem, that would be our pleasure to arrange for you.'

We can't wait to go back. The only downside to the hotel is that the customer service, the rooms, the views and the food are so good that my wife will moan when other hotels in other cities don't measure up to the Golden Well. This hotel raises the bar, long may its awards justify its excellence and long may I hope I can still get a room!

If you want the best in Prague, look no further - go on, your partner deserves it!

• Liked — Customer service, greats rooms, excellent food, superb foods
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
1 Thank Icanbgrumpy
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2009

What more could we say? It really is as good as all reviews say, maybe even better. Fantastic location, friendly and attentive staff, lovely surprises (we were there on our anniversary, and we had a very nice attention waiting in our room on our first evening at the hotel).

You feel pampered and cared for. This hotel is more than a home away from home and they welcome all guests suggestions. As a client, you really feel very unique and valued.

We would not dream of going back to Prague without staying there again!!

• Liked — Outstanding service
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jewels_Gva
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

All the reviews basically tell the story, so I will be short. I have traveled to over 20 countries, stayed in every type of hotel, motel and B&B, and this is as good as it gets. The service, location, food, quality of ammenities and personal attention can not be beat. Stay here (get the romance package - worth every penny!!) and you will not be disappointed.

• Liked — The personal attention from the staff and the view from our room
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ryan S
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2009

I travel to Prague 4 or 5 times a year for business purposes and
I always try to enjoy a different hotel due to the great variety and
quality of them all.
U Zlate Studne is a place to come back again and again.
In fact I'll be back in April and I hope to be able to get reservations.
Since Prague has been discovered as a great vacation destination all hotels are very busy,especially the good ones like this one.
The service is excellent and helpful to a fault,always willing to
advise or help in every way possible.Most of them are multilingual so getting across was very easy.
The rooms are well appointed and rather larger than usual,very clean with crisp bed linens and fluffy towels changed as many times as we requested it by smiling maids.
I enjoyed the quietness of the rooms and the spacious bathroom that smelled like freshly cleaned and inspected.
I like the location close enough to walk practically anywhere any time of the day or night.
To check in was super fast and before we knew all our items were carefully placed where they belonged.
Check out was even easier just having to sign for the credit cards charges with a wide smile and a warm farewell by the
staff on duty.
Our car was awaiting as we had requested before and we were at Ruzyne Airport with enough time to enjoy a cocktail and relax.
U Zlatne Studne was to us a Well full of Gold and we look forward to return in April.
Again a glorious spring in Prague awaits us...

• Liked — Cleanliness,service and size of the rooms as well as very quiet.
  • Disliked — Honestly I can't point out any negative reasons (and I always look for them and make notes for the future).
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business