“Wonderful stay at wonderful hotel”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Stockholm
“Wonderful stay at wonderful hotel”
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Everything was perfect. The room, the service, the view from the terrace., the food etc. All employees was very serviceminded and did everyhting to make us feel good. I can strongly recommend this hotel, both for friends and couples.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I think that the key to the Golden Well is their unyielding dedication to making their guests blissfully happy. When we arrived, the bell boy eagerly ran down a block to meet us, hearing our suitcases rolling down the cobbles. We received an enthusiastic welcome, complete with mimosa and a tour which ended in our beautiful room. The bed was comfortable so we never used the pillow menu. What made me most happy, though, were the little things: complementary bottled water in the room, free internet service in the business center, complementary champagne and appetizers during happy hour, etc. I even exchanged my currency at the hotel as they offered a fair rate. We relaxed with the other guests and bragged to one another over a glass of wine how spoiled we had been that day. One bit of caution: this hotel is not for those with difficulty walking- the road is very steep, unlike in other parts of town. We enjoyed burning off all the heavy food and alcohol with the hike up the hill each night, but that's not for everyone. Overall, these guys are the best anywhere and we can't wait to come back from California to visit again!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshleyLBC
Reading
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Like many others I booked the Golden Well having read rave reviews here on Trip Advisor. Expecting it to be of a high standard , we were completely blown away by the welcome, including the mini-tour of the hotel and a welcome drink on the restaurant terrace, with the most incredible views across Prague.
The wi-fi, the free afternoon nibbles and drinks, the spotless room, fabulous bed and fantastic bathroom are all great...but what makes the Golden Well so special is the staff. On checking in the receptionist just asked in passing if we were there for a special occasion - we said that the following day was our 21st wedding anniversary and thought no more about it. On returning to our room after dinner that night , we found a beautiful cake and a hand-written card congratulating us - so thoughtful!
I must confess I thought twice about writing this review as I don't want anyone else staying there in case we can't get in next time we go to Prague!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rob_CReading
Leeds
Reviewed 10 April 2009

I stayed at this hotel with 2 of my friends whilst on a girly holiday. I booked this holiday based on trip advisor reviews, and I was not disappointed. This hotel was absolutely great. The staff were amazing and catered to our every need.

We arrived and we were taken on a guided tour of the hotel, along with a free glass of wine. The room was amazing with a beautiful view of the city. The rooms were beautiful and absolutely spotless.

Between 4 and 6pm there was free champagne and nibbles in the hotel, which was amazing after sightseeing all day. They also had a DVD library for if you fancied a night in!

I cannot emphasise enough how amazing the hotel staff were. This hotel is definitely worth a visit and I would recommend it to any of my friends.

This hotel was truly 5 star. The staff were unbeatable.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 April 2009

The Golden Well Hotel and staff by far exceeded all my expectations after reading the posts on tripadvisor. Its hard to believe that one hotel can be so good and so reasonable in price for a 5 star hotel. The combination of the perfect location (adjoining Charles Castle, the great restraunt and great hotel staff (little chef), great views of old town, the meticulously cleaned and manicured rooms, amazingly friendly staff, great tapas everyday at 4pm,etc etc. Helped make this one of my best vacations ever. I really felt like part of the Golden Well family by the time I left. Thanks again Golden Well for the very memorable trip and all of the memories. Your Friend, Julian

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank asiatraveler10
NYC, NY
Reviewed 5 April 2009

First let me say that I am a reasonably frequent international traveler (about 6 international trips per year), and I've never stayed at a hotel as intimate and as immaculate (I have no idea how they keep the entire premises so spotless- I mean, NOTHING out of place- not scuff mark on the baseboards, and I looked) as the Golden Well.

We stayed at the Golden Well for 6 nights last week directly as a result of the TripAdvisor forums, which is how I choose where I am going to stay. All the previous reviews are true- this hotel sets the standard. The staff was uniformly excellent, with Ayman deserving special note for his outstanding level of service. We booked our first night knowing that we would be arriving the following morning, and when I emailed them, they promptly emailed me back that this would be fine. When we returned, they emailed a follow up to check on how we enjoyed our stay and to say thank you. We were always greeted by name and the desk staff speak at minimum, Czech, English, and French (and probably a lot more, too).

Four things to be aware of (not bad things, just things from the typical American perspective): The tub is a bit complicated and there is no shower. I probably have not taken a bath in 30 years, so I had to figure it out. Second, the restaurant, which is excellent, didn't have a lunch menu (they served the dinner menu.) Third, you can't get a proper martini in Prague- they don't have dry vermouth. Finally, most of the guests were Americans, with some French- I'm surprised there were not more diplomats given the setting and the level of service that a large hotel could never match.

I'm a strong believer that what separates "good" from "great" is service- and I would not hesitate to recommend the Golden Well without reservation. We had an outstanding stay and I'm sure you will have a great experience, too.

Scot Phelps

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We stayed for 4 nights and then returned a week later for a final night. The people on staff make this a delightful place to stay. They provide a warm welcome, great help with taxis etc, a fabulous breakfast buffet and beautiful rooms in a convenient, quiet location.
We would love to return!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family