“Wonderful & Relaxing Hotel”
Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 27 April 2009

My wife & I just returned from our trip to this wonderful & relaxing hotel. We had the pleasure of staying four nights at the Golden Well Hotel & this is our first ever review of any hotel after traveling Europe this last 10 years.

Every possible item or need was available to us during our stay. The room was beautiful, the bed awesome & a user friendly bathroom.

The restuarant could not have been any more romantic. Over the top food & good local wines. The view that is second to none, overlooking the entire city of Prague.

Finally, we could not say enough kind words about the staff. From the cleaning staff, the restuarant staff & the front desk staff, All WERE THE BEST.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,817)

Reviewed 26 April 2009

A lot about this hotel has already been written here in great detail. I will not repeat all that. Basically, I agree: it's all true. Yes, it is a very comfortable and nice hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. The same applies to the excellent restaurant. It's a small business, so they are able to keep it cosy and personal and 5-star, but then don't expect bargain prices.

In the afternoon we would meet with other guests in the lounge for a chat over a glass of wine. In a small place you get to know the other guests fairly quickly and this also contributes to the cosy athmosphere.

I hope they are able keep up the good work. This is a hotel I would like to return to.

Reviewed 23 April 2009

My family has stayed all over the world, and this is our favorite hotel. It is not cheap, but I never questioned the money spent. The service was exceptional and personable at all times. The breakfasts in the terrace restaurant were wonderful both for the food and the setting. The rooms were beautiful. The restaurant looking out over Prague was one of our most memorable dining experiences. Staying at the Golden Well contributed immensely to our overall visit to Prague and I cannot recommend it more highly. The only note I would make is that the website refers to the hotel as "The Golden Well" while in Czech it is only called "U Zlate Studne" so we had some confusion asking for the hotel, but this is the most minor of comments.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

This hotel is exceptional. I cannot recommend it more highly. From the moment you walk in the door you'll be treated like royalty by its friendly and attentive staff. The rooms are distinctive & charming with first class bathrooms. The breakfast is varied and delicious, served in the top floor terrace with city views. There is a comfy guest lounge which is stocked with snacks and wine and has free internet access. The hotel is located a short distance from the Charles Bridge and all the major sights of Prague are in walking distance. It is everything a good hotel should be.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

Everything about this hotel blew me away. My fiance found the hotel on this website, along with 2 others in other countries, and I could not believe we got the level of service and luxury that we received for the price we paid. The breakfast terrace has a spectacular view of the city. The professionalism of the staff is bar none. My fiance and I were taken care of in every way, from restaurant reservations to directions around the city. The room itself was awesome, huge bed, insanely clean floor we felt like we could eat off of. And best of all the location of the hotel is perfect for walking around Prague. I recommend this for any couple looking for a romantic, luxurious, and affordable stay in Prague.

1  Thank mvf9884
Reviewed 14 April 2009

Everything was perfect. The room, the service, the view from the terrace., the food etc. All employees was very serviceminded and did everyhting to make us feel good. I can strongly recommend this hotel, both for friends and couples.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I think that the key to the Golden Well is their unyielding dedication to making their guests blissfully happy. When we arrived, the bell boy eagerly ran down a block to meet us, hearing our suitcases rolling down the cobbles. We received an enthusiastic welcome, complete with mimosa and a tour which ended in our beautiful room. The bed was comfortable so we never used the pillow menu. What made me most happy, though, were the little things: complementary bottled water in the room, free internet service in the business center, complementary champagne and appetizers during happy hour, etc. I even exchanged my currency at the hotel as they offered a fair rate. We relaxed with the other guests and bragged to one another over a glass of wine how spoiled we had been that day. One bit of caution: this hotel is not for those with difficulty walking- the road is very steep, unlike in other parts of town. We enjoyed burning off all the heavy food and alcohol with the hike up the hill each night, but that's not for everyone. Overall, these guys are the best anywhere and we can't wait to come back from California to visit again!

1  Thank AshleyLBC