“Don't look further...”

Ranked #3 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Highcloud Village
“Don't look further...”
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Perfect. That's the way a small, exclusive hotel must be run. It would be nice if a large international hotel would also have such a standard! I know none - and have been around the world a few times. We will be back soon. By the way, this was our fourth visit to Praha this year and the previous accomodations, albeit a bit lower in price, could not touch U Zlate Studné.
Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
Winchester
Reviewed 14 December 2009

This hotel is one of the best we have ever stayed at in Europe - check out the other reviews and you can see that we are not alone in our views of this wonderful place. Everything is just fantastic from the airport shuttle, the welcome and tour, the rooms, the restaurant food, the service and the attention to detail and even the printer in the internet room so you can print your return boarding passes - how thoughtful. And there is the key to this hotel - it has been beautifully designed and laid out and a great deal of thought has been put into making your stay one to remember forever.
My wife and I have stayed in many top hotels in Europe and always choose smaller ones like the Golden Well because they know so much about how to provide individual care and attention for their guests and this hotel is just the best one at providing this service. At the end of the day, coming back to this hotel is like coming home to all your own comforts - champagne and finger buffet to refresh you before dinner and then a lovely Molton Brown bath (our favourite bathroom accessories) - what more could you ask for.

No wonder that this hotel has the Number 1 Trip Advisor spot for Prague - don't delay - go ahead and book now for the experience of a lifetime.

Very well done to all the staff and we definitely will return.

dublin
Reviewed 12 December 2009

My fiance booked the golden well as a suprise for my 30th birthday. When we arrived at the airport, a driver was waiting to take us to the hotel, and gave us a guided tour on the way! The staff at the hotel were the most friendly and courteous I have met in a stay at a hotel. The hotel and room were superb. The hotel itself is located quite central, and all of the major sights are within walking distance. We even arrived back to our room on the night of my birthday to find a hand-written card and a birthday cake from the staff! Thanks golden well (and my fiance) for making my 30th an unforgettable experience!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2009

Firstly, our honeymoon started off at T5 Heathrow in the club lounge. We had the romantic package for the first 3 days of our stay with another 2 days tagged on so we were there from Monday to Saturday.

When we arrived in Prague, we were met by our driver as soon as we walked through the arrivals door holding a sign with our name. We were duly whisked away in an awesome Merc with blacked out windows and soon into our boutique hotel within half an hour. A porter was waiting at the end of the hotel ready to collect our bags from the car.

We were welcomed by Anastasjia who handed us refreshing towels and sparkly. After arranging our Aroma bath, Cheese and Wine and Chocolate Fondue for the various nights, she showed us around. Free Canopes and drinks between 4 - 6pm everyone. There's also free wifi in the hotel and laptop and printer in the concierge area. Handy for checking in online at the airport on the way back!

Our room (35) was awesome. Had the views over Prague. We could see the TV tower, national theatre, St Nicholas Church etc. Same view you would get in the restaurant. The room came with a safe, Samsung TV with Sky Sport 1 (which I loved but not the wife). Must TV channels were German. There is complimentary shoe cleaning service. Plenty of drawer and hanger space. No need to take toiletries as there is a vast array of Molten Brown products in the bathroom. Had a Jacuzzi, shower, and rain shower.

Our package came with Champers, Strawberries and Roses in the room. I won't spoil it but the bottle of poo is special.

Breakfast and evening meal (which you have to try at least once) was superb. The views are to die for. The service and food (being a bit of a foodie) was first class. If you have the Al a Carte, you have to try the Royal Breakfast and the Piemonte Scrambie Eggs. Big thank you and reccommendation to Andrea for being an excellent waitress and host. She was very attentive bringing us coffee and pastries in the morning, to serving us in the restaurant without being intrusive. Same goes to all staff.

Hotel is located up a quiet alley. Don't be scared though as it is near the british embassy, parliment building etc so there are plenty of police about. Ideal location to all the hotspot including St. Charles Bridge, St. Nicholas Church, Segway tours with Tomas. Look him up at pragueonsegway.com Thoroughly reccommended. Let him know that Craig and Gillian (just married and did the Old Town Tour says hello).

Sad thing is leaving this hotel as it was ideal and awesome. You can have a wake up call every monrning and have coffee brought up to your room. When we left, they arrange for the same driver and car to take us to the airport and drop us off right outside the terminal.

All we can say is that for a honeymoon destination, having the clean, crisp, cold air and lovely sites to take in, this hotel adds to the whole experience.

Again, big thank you to Anastasji, Andrea and Petra for making our stay very memorable.

3 Thank CSz
london
Reviewed 1 December 2009

We have stayed in dozens of hotels and resorts around the world. This is by far the best hotel experience that we have ever had. The rooms are impeccable - more like staying in our own loft than staying in a hotel. The service is fantastic and the people are terrific. The location is right near the castle and the views from our room were excellent. The pillow menu was a special thrill. Enjoy.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank eburns6624
us
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My first time visiting this splendid city, I was looking for a hotel with excellent service, good amenities, and helpful staff, along with a good location. I found all of this and more at the Golden Well Hotel.
My first trip to Prague was hampered by a cold, so upon arrival, I was feeling a little out of sorts. However, Anastasia, one of the most lovely front desk personnel I have ever had the pleasure to meet, was so kind and helpful--after showing us around this gem of a hotel, she kindly offered myself and my husband a welcome drink (mine was a cranberry juice, lol), and the most lovely hors'doeuvres...all while recommending to us the sights and places to see while we were in the city.

After settling into our lovely room (ohhh--the most comfy bed and pillows--I miss that bed!)-- we decided on a late lunch, complete with spectacular views of the city rooftops. The food was exceptional--we had room service dinner and breakfast most days--I highly recommend thier heavenly French Toast--again, wish I had some here right now! :)

As I was still feeling under the weather later on that day, the hotel was so kind to send up some medicine and tea for me--also, their luxurious bubble bath with scrumptious Molton Brown products were jus tthe therapy I needed.

All I can say is that I was so sad to leave--their whole staff was so pleasant and friendly--when we plan our next trip to Prague, we will surely book at the Golden Well again...one of the best and nicest places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed November 2009
2 Thank Prague_bound
Reviewed 26 November 2009

My mother and I stayed for a week in November and had a wonderful holiday. The hotel was charming as were all its employees. Convenient to everything - 5 minutes walk from the centre of Prague. Located in a cul de sac, The Golden Wells hotel was so quiet you wouldn't have known that you were in a city. Our twin room was very comfortable, with all amenities. The standard of hygiene was second to none - superb. Breakfast buffet was included in our stay and everything you could want was on the beautifully displayed table in the breakfast room. To sit enjoying breakfast overlooking the roofs, chimneys and church spires of Prague was breathtaking. Could not recommend it highly enough. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family