“Pleasant stay, but in-house place could be quieter”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Well Hotel

Golden Well Hotel
Ranked #3 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“Pleasant stay, but in-house place could be quieter”
Reviewed 11 February 2011

It's very nice small hotel in one of most quieter and magical quarter in Prague. The view and the restaurant is magnificent, breakfast is extremely good (€12-15 per person extra, but it worth it). It have all amenities of modern hotel (and all of them working well) yet it's very small and charming place with more personal spirit.

My only negative is that even it's on very quiet street, in-house loudness is quite big. You can hear neighbouring TV, voices, chairs moving, cleaning restaurant in the night/preparing in morning etc. But if you don't mind this, it's one of the best places to stay in Prague.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Today is my second day at the Golden Well Hotel and I must say that the overall experience here is out of this world, my room is spacious, quite and charming, The bed and pillows are truly sublime, the bath large and hot, dressing area and closets are oversized and the service could not be better by any stretch of the imagination. The hotel driver picked me up at the airport in a beautiful new Mercedes, the front desk staff spent nearly one hour with me on an orientation that included a tour of the fabulous restaurant. I had a great dinner last night in the hotel only to be followed by a sensational breakfast today. It is not often that you consider the risk of being so spoiled - I had to ask myself if I had sinned by being so spoiled at U Zlate Studne? I consider myself to be extremely jaded and accustomed to the absolute best, but my standards just got higher after a few days at the Golden Well..

Robert Mann

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RJMerlot
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 February 2011

This is absulutelly the best hotel in Czech Republic. My stay was soooo fantastic. Hotel staff were unbelievably professional, Grand deluxe room was gordeus, restaurant had best meals and the view.... was incredible... I can storongly recommend because this is really the best hotel that I have ever been in and I am looking forward to get back.
I felt like in fairytaile as a princess... just amazing experience!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Sydney
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I travelled to Prague personally to make a business trip to Brno, I was picked up in Prague by my business partner for a 2 hour drive south. I advised the hotel and asked for bus/train timetable for the return trip checking on how it would work coming back from Brno alone. I determined to take the 8pm train that would get me back to Prague around 11.30ish, as I wanted to make my way back to my wonderful hotel and bed after a few drinks with business colleagues. Unknown to me, after a few too many drinks in Brno, I boarded a train 4 hours later than expected and made my way back to Prague, unbeknownst that the hotel were concerned that I had not arrived by midnight so they sent out the hotel driver to the train station (both of them) to see if they could locate me. (they didnt).. I arrived back at the hotel around 4.30am to quick happy smiles from the team concerned for my safety (being a female business person travelling alone). The fact that they cared so much they sent out a hotel driver for me...was amazing to say the least. one night I wanted to watch a dvd and the receptionist suggested a few movies.. I watched all 3 and all were fantastic., The Ipod in the room is preloaded with fantastic music (I wish my collection was this good.. and the service and suprises continued.

When I asked what I could see, they had the smarts to ask me, what sort of things I like...why send me to something if I have no interest in it..they tailored 2 days of site seeing for me, included a few hip bars, some nice restuarants and a great walk.. and ensured I knew how to dial the hotel in case I got lost... PERFECT.. I did.

nothing is every too small, too mundane or too hard for these people... and they do it with a smile everytime. I will not ever go anywhere else when I go back to Prague. There is simply no need.

I am well travelled and have stayed in so many hotels many luxury and 5 stars..., nothing comes close to the Golden Well.. my only regret... not taking my partner.. it is the most beautiful city and the most romantic rooftop bar outside.. to watch the skyline by... they even supplied me a few blankets to snuggle under while I had my nightly glass of wine outside in the cold (with the heaters on and with my blankets it was just beautiful)..

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank lostinmanly
Chalfont St Peter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This is one of the very best hotels I have stayed in. Mrs CW was enchanted!

U Zlate Studne is a small hotel made up of three old houses (Tycho Brahe once lived in one of them) high up underneath the castle walls in a very quiet nook of Mala Strana, with excellent views from the rooms and from the restaurant. It is perfect for a relaxing break, and it is very pleasant to be able to escape back to it after the bustle of the Old Town or the Castle.

The rooms and bathrooms are beautifully presented and kept spotless. The staff are superb, from the pick-up at the airport (barely more expensive than a taxi) to the welcome at check-in and right through the stay. Nothing is too much trouble.

There are all sorts of little treats - small things, but adding a good impression: nibbles and drinks in the lounge between 4 and 6; free bottles of water (replaced whenever emptied); little cakes from the restaurant by the bedside at night. And internet use is free!

Add to this one of the best restaurants (and best restaurant views) in Prague and you have perfection. The food at breakfast is superb, and dinner is worth every Czech Crown!

I had been staying at the Four Seasons earlier in the week for a business meeting. The Four Seasons is a great hotel. U Zlate Studne loses nothing in comparison and has an atmosphere lacking in a large hotel.

If all of this sounds effusive, it's because the place deserves it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chilternwelshman
London/Melbourne
Reviewed 17 January 2011

The Golden Well is definitely in our top five hotels list. The view from our window (Grand Deluxe room 32) was simply stunning, staff displayed an impeccable level of service, the breakfast was truly delicious and the restaurant again offered the amazing view, the room was elegantly furnished as well as being warm and cosy (it was minus 15 degrees during out stay in Prague) and the location was excellent - right under the castle, even with its own private entry/path.
We loved the little flourishes involving food and drink such as an evening treat of a dessert morsel delivered to our room, complimentary drinks and canapes served in the lounge between 4 and 6 each day (the hot mulled wine was perfect after a long day of sightseeing) and a bottle of wine and cheese platter on check-in.
We truly loved our stay in such a beautiful, historic, romantic hotel and would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in a once-in-a-lifetime kind of establishment to fully enjoy picture-postcard Prague!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle_Darren
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Before booking 2 rooms at The Golden Well for 3 nights over the Christmas holidays, I researched the heck out of Prague hotels. I'm so glad that Tripadvisor reviews convinced me that this was the place to be. I want to retire here...renew my wedding vows here, eat my last meal on earth here...it's really that perfect. If you are lucky enough to find yourself planning a trip to Prague, you should look no further than The Golden Well for accommodations. I envy you!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family