“Lovely little hotel in brilliantly central location”
Review of Betlem Club

Betlem Club
Ranked #268 of 650 Hotels in Prague
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely little hotel in brilliantly central location”
Reviewed 5 February 2006

I stayed at the Betlem Club for a short break in January 2006. I stayed in one of the single attic rooms (the cheapest rooms). The room was small, but big enough for me and my suitcase, which was all it needed to be!

The bed was quite comfy, and my room had a fridge and a TV (albeit with limited English language channels). The shower in the en suite bathroom was really good. No tea-making facilities, which UK visitors might expect.

The receptionists and other staff were all very friendly and made me feel ever so welcome - on my first afternoon I asked for extra towels and these appeared very quickly in my room.

As several other reviews have said, the hotel's location is SUPERB - very central (and also very easy to find if you get lost in Prague's winding narrow streets, as there are plenty of brown road signs to direct tourists to the Bethlehem Chapel which is just over the square). Tescos is just five minutes walk away as well.

My one minor criticism of the hotel is that it got quite cold in my room in the evening/night (admittedly it was about minus-eight outside). However after long days exploring Prague on foot I didn't plan much apart from collapsing in bed so this wasn't a big problem.

All in all I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I was a female travelling alone and felt completely safe and happy for my whole stay. I'll definitely be going back to the wonderful Prague, and staying at the Hotel Betlem Club!

• Stayed January 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2005

I recently spent some time in Prague at the Hotel Betlem. First thing that should be mentioned is the location. Couldn't be much better. Situated Very close to Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square & The Charles Bridge. The street it's on is fairly quiet too.

I stayed in a double room, which was modestly appointed, but more than adiquate. Modern bathroon, decent bed. The hotel staff was as helpful as I needed them to be and over all, I would recommend this hotel completely.

Their prices aren't the cheapest in town, but neither is the location. I never took a taxi or any other transportation, walking everywhere was easy.

Breakfasts were good, the room clean, and with bars, shops and places to eat a stones throw from the front door, very convenient.

As another review said that Prague was expensive, I wouldn't agree. It's not cheap, but compared to Rome, Paris or London...it's BY FAR the best deal going. One of, if not the most charming, romantic, fantastic cities in all of Europe. I can't wait to go back. Probably the best looking, most friendly women, over all, of any country I've ever been to as well. :)

• Stayed September 2005
8 Thank 5POINT56
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 24 September 2005

Located in an old historic building across from the Betlem Church and next to a very cool bar, this hotel offers a true Prague experience. I stayed in the attic, which I found to be somewhat charming despite its small size and lack of A/C. The hotel offers a good complementary breakfast served in a historic dungeon room, where you will be joined by Americans and Europeans from all over. Overall, I found Prague to be rather touristy and overpriced in comparison to other European cities, so I didn't find this hotel to be an especially good value. But if you want to stay in a great part of town and in a place that offers an authentic experience, this is it.

• Stayed June 2004
6 Thank b2dav
Sydney, Australia
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 4,081 helpful votes
Reviewed 9 August 2005

Hotel is in great position minutes from the Old Town Square and Astronomical Clock. The hotel is situated across the road from the Bethlehem Chapel and dates back to the 13th century.

Our room was on the top floor a small quaint attic room. Although comfortable for me being a shortie my partner had trouble!! He continually knocked his head on the rafters, and having a pee was almost impossible for him!! (6ft 4). So if tall ask for a normal room.

The service was helpful, rooms clean and quaint. Lift was tiny but to be expected in an old building. Breakfast was adequate in cozy restaurant.

Overall the hotel was beaut for its position and we enjoyed our stay here as Prague really is an Architectural wonderland, Gothic, Renaissance,Medieval and classical buildings hugging each other like a time wrap.

• Stayed April 2003, travelled on business
7 Thank Ellemay
Reviewed 2 November 2004

Don't stay in the attic if you're tall. Saying that, it's a great location, good bars near by but quiet at night. We liked the hard beds and the fridge. Satallite TV was limited to 2 english channels. The glass elevator was good. I'd stay there again.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando Fl
Reviewed 7 October 2004

7 Oct. 2004
Just got back from Prague.

Betlem Club is in a great location, within minutes (walking) of Charles Bridge, Old Town Sq. and the Jewish Quarter (a must see). Can be noisy on the Square at night.

Beware the hard beds at Betlem Club and the minimalist breakfast. This could be better for the US $100/single.
Eat at U d'vou Kocek for good Czech food at great a great price! (Just a 4-5 minute walk)

Steve

10 Thank allemange
Reviewed 22 April 2004

Stayed here earlier this month in an attic double. Price was ok. Room was small, but had refrigerator. Shared bathroom with one other room, though no one stayed there during our stay. Breakfast was good, with a wide selection. The best part about this hotel was the location. We walked everywhere during our stay in Prague!

• Stayed April 2004