“Bad hotel with an even worse service - A DISASTER!”

Prague River Hotel - Botel Vodnik
Ranked #597 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Budapest, Hungary
“Bad hotel with an even worse service - A DISASTER!”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I am Czech and I know Prague very well but this is definitely not something I would recommend to anyone. There are way more better places for a better rate.

This hotel is just smelly (starting at the reception), offers food you would not even give to your dog and the service is simply a catastrophe.

The manager is simply an arrogant person, who should seriously change his job as he doesn't do anything to satisfy or even welcome guests. Even though you would accept the miserable circumstances on this boat, he's the one who makes everything even worse with his completely inefficient, unfriendly and incapable presence.

Rooms are filthy, basically the whole boat smells and beside this, they're charging you for everything extra money.

Summed up simply a huge DISASTER!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tergola

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
New York
Reviewed 20 February 2013

My experience was less traumatic than some of the other reviewers on here. I went in with low expectations and they were met. The staff had my reservation, the room was reasonably clean if spartan, the location was convenient for me. The restaurant food was passable and cheap. The staff if not very friendly or efficient, answered my questions and requests. There was no room cleaning for the enitre week I was there and the hall lights had some weird timer that left you sprinting to get your door open before it went pitch black. I would say it was similar to a budget hotel in Serbia or Russia. If you are strapped for cash, you could probably do worse, but I would recommend going somewhere else if you can.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank jay p

Travellers are raving about these Prague hotels

Girne, Kyrenia, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Only good thing is the location of the botel ! rest of them was nightmare for me.. we ordered 3 room, they only reserve us 2! luckily we found a one at least !! my room wasn't look like "clean" and smells like something bed besides of them there wasn't any blind !!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Esra C
Alexandra Headland, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

No TV, no telephone, no hot water, towels that were no bigger than tea towels, hard beds, breakfast not as advertised, over-priced compared to what I found whilst walking around town, lights stopped working after 1st day, not in 'centre' of town as advertised overall false advertising. I have already gotten 3 friends to cancel their bookings

Room Tip: The bonus is that it is a boat turned into a motel so calming if you like sleeping on water. The upp...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank NomadicRob
Zenica
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Hotel, actually Botel Vodnik is average place to stay, not very exclusive, but nice and pretty close to tram line and center of the Prague. If you want to spend time exploring Prague, botel Vodnik has perfect location. Stuff was nice, breakfast was decent, always the same, lots of coffee, quick snack (some eggs and cheese) and you are ready to go. Located next to the road some might find it as noisy place to stay, but after long walk, you just crash in bed until morning. All considered, including acceptable price, Vodnik was nice place to stay.

The only thing that bothered me was the fact that we had to remind recepcionist for maid to change our towels, and the towels were changed only once...sometimes we could hear other guests walking through hallways, but you have to understand it's a boat. Lights in the hall didn't work so it was impossible to see in the dark - opening doors...otherwise, we didn't have any other complaints...

Room Tip: Try to pick a room looking on the riverside rather then shore.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My colleague and I went to eat here the other day.
We both ordered the burger, but my colleague realized to late, that he had forgotten to say that he's allergic to mayonnaise. The burger came, unfortunately drenched in mayonnaise. We calmly tried to explain to the waiter that my colleague is allergic to mayo and if it was possible to just change the bottom bun. My colleague even apologized to the waiter for the inconvenience. The waiter didn't understand english and called over the owner (A big fat guy).
We explained again, which only resulted in the owner taking our plates and telling us we weren't welcome there anymore. My colleague said; "Well that's not very good service". This made the owner furious. He got up in my colleagues face and grabbed him by the throat. Threw him down on the ground and continued to drag him across the floor, by his neck. He than threw him down the stairs and kicked him in the back as my colleague was running for his life, out of the boat. I paid for our drinks and left quietly, trying not to attract any attention to myself. As I left the boat, I passed the owner who growled "Don't even think about it." I said: I didn't do anything" and hurried out.
But it didn't stop there. As we where walking away, one of the employees followed us and slapped my colleague in the face. After that my colleague ran away. Than when we got back to our office, which is located close to the boat, we saw the owner coming after us and even calling for us, so we ran into the office. I told my colleague to call the police, but he didn't want anymore trouble. This is why I'm writing this review. To let people out there know about what goes on in that place and to tell them to stay away from Botal Vodnik, unless you want a fight to go with your meal.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
11 Thank DennisStanley
Mannheim, Germany
Reviewed 30 April 2011

The staff was very unfriendly in particular in the restaurant and on the sun deck, rooms were not cleaned up, beds were not made, bathroom mildewed, no TV, AC was not working, rooms in general not clean.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family