Lowest prices for your stay
£51
Priceline
£46
Vio.com
£42
1,739 results
All reviews city centre tram stop old town public transport grand hotel hotel bar czech republic beautiful city breakfast was included josef stalinist kaufland stops kettle supermarket castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Really interesting hotel built in 1951 in the Soviet era 'Socialist Realism ' style, great atmosphere, good food, attentive service, comfortable bedrooms with high speed internet access, fantastic view from the Sky Lounge on the 14th floor.

Some of the common areas, foyers etc look a bit drab and tired but all adds to the 1950's vibe! Check out the stonework relief above the entrance -heroic workers in the fields, armed soldiers working for the good of Mother Russia! Lots of interesting period detail elsewhere makes for a great stay.

Location-wise a bit far out of the city, although on a tram route that takes 25 mins or so into town.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
CPPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

Dear guest,

let me thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for posting your comments on Trip Advisor site. We are glad to read you found our hotel to be an interesting place to stay at with great atmosphere and good services in overall. We are proud to be National monument of Czech Republic and it is great to know those unique architectonic factors are well perceived by our guests as well.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to looking after you in the future.

Reviewed 1 November 2012

We were booked into this hotel with a tour. The hotel was clean and very comfortable and offered great breakfasts. The room was fine and was pretty typical for European hotels. The hotel was on the tram line and you could easily get around the city from the front of the hotel. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating and helped with directions and the use of the transit system. We enjoyed the hotel and although it was not in the downtown part of the city it was convenient.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank PJBLTB

Dear guest,
Thank you for your stay at Crowne Plaza Prague and also for sharing your experience with us.
It is encouraging for our team to see you found our staff to be extremely helpful and also that our breakfast fully met your expectations.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to have you back at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

we had high expectations for this place. this was the hotel booked by the touring agency that we contacted. I let my wife check things out for us before we left the states. According to her, the pictures of the hotel looked really good and there were a few good and bad reviews. Well, although pictures usually can say more than thousand words, well the pictures of this place were quite deceiving.
As we disembarked from our bus, we were told that this place was initially an office building created for the rest and recreation of military officers. Of course, I expected something quite nice. As I entered the lobby, I immediately noticed the old furnishings, the old decor etc. Maybe it was great in the time it was built, but certainly it is definitely outdated these days. Anyway, I still gave it a chance. I just thought that this was "old europe" and this is the way things are here. when we got to the room, I noticed that it was quite warm. I immediately contacted the front desk who sent a technician. When things were checked, they adviced me to simply open the windows since the air conditioning does not function in the winter months. I further inquired if it was ok to indeed open the windows to allow ventilation. I was a little reluctant to do this since there was sign on my window that said that I should refrain from keeping the windows open, since we could get insects and other nuisances into the room. At that point, it was getting quite hot, so I did as I was told. Interestingly, though one of our companions from the other rooms, mentioned that their air-conditioning was running just fine. We were only going to stay for 2 nights and most of the time were going to be out, so I just decided to let it go. One thing I've learned is to never leave it to my wife to check on things by herself. I could even give this hotel a lower rating, but since the staff was quite friendly, I'll just make them pass. Here's another tip, this hotel is quite a walk to the metro station. When I visit again, I'll definitely look for something closer to the action

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank nikonos3

Dear guest,

I am glad we did have a chance to have you and your wife as our guest. Thank you also for posting your comments and sharing your opinions with us.
You are correct that our hotel was originally built (back in 1950’s) as a place for government and military visits and from there we got our exceptional and unique architecture and interior style. Our building is actually listed as a National monument of Czech Republic and that is why we always keep new furnishings in the style of this era. Even though our lobby and bar area is completely renovated we keep chairs, tables and sofas in similar art deco style. I am also truly happy to read your comments about friendliness of our staff.
Let me also express my regrets for inconvenience caused to your by technical problems with heating system. I will certainly address your comments to our Technical department in order to prevent such a problems in the future.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Prague in the near future.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

We stayed here a few evenings while on a tour. The exterior and lobby are gorgeous, although the front steps and the climb up into the dining area need safety rails. My husband lost his footing outside and was not injured, but certainly might have been. The same is true for the showers: which are small and treacherous. There was initial confusion and delay at check in and baggage delivery but otherwise the place was elegant and spacious. The neighborhood seemed fairly safe and there is a neat superlmarket nearby. The breakfast fare was just extraordinary: losts of choices and an array of freshness. Dinner was not as tasty but hotel food is never known to be gourmet. The sleeping room was very quiet and clean, although the twin beds were a little thin and uncomfortable.

Room tip: Probably a room in the wings is a good choice.
Date of stay: September 2012

Dear guest,

first of all let me thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Prague as a place of your recent stay in Prague and also for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to read you had enjoyed your stay with us in almost every way. I will share your comments with our team members and address your recommendation to install safety rail alongside our staircase to our Technical department to find if there is and option how to improve in this area.
Thank you once again for your review and hope to have chance to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 4 nights. We had training here last month. The hotel is really good for conferences/ trainings. The rooms are good, there is internet in the room (via cable) and free WIFI in the lobby. The restaurant is good, good food and good breakfast.

The hotel has large training rooms.

The only downside of the hotel that is on the border of the city. if you want to see more of Prague you have to take a taxi or use the tram (20 minutes).

Room tip: Rooms on the North side are quieter
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kleinetijger

Dear guest,
thank you for your recent stay with us and also for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor site. We are happy to read you had enjoyed your stay with us during your conference.
As you have mentioned internet connection in our rooms, starting next week we are going to implement also WIFI connection in another sections of our hotel including rooms.

Thank you once again for your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you at Crowne Plaza Prague in the near future either on the business or private trip.