Lowest prices for your stay
£51
Priceline
Agoda.com
£45
Multiple ways to pay
1,739 results
All reviews city centre tram stop old town public transport grand hotel hotel bar czech republic beautiful city breakfast was included josef stalinist kaufland stops kettle supermarket castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2013

As a platinum priority club member, I have come to appreciate great treatment from this chain of hotels, particularly whenever I have stayed at a Crowne Plaza - unfortunately this hotel was a great disappointment.
One of the perks of being a member is the offer of a free upgrade, something that isn't guaranteed, but something I have rarely had a problem with.
Even when I haven't been given one, I have always felt my custom was appreciated and a little gesture (could be just a welcome letter) to acknowledge my loyalty would be made.
I asked for an upgrade to an executive room when I made my booking online with this hotel and when I checked in...unfortunately, I was only given a superior room, (there was nothing superior about it).
It was normal size, with basic facilities, opposite the lift and music was being played right outside the door!
I was disappointed but as it was Valentine's, I assumed there were not many rooms available.
It was only when I asked about seeing the view from the Sky room at the top of the hotel, that I realised the hotel wasn't booked out - they just didn't want to give me a better room.
You could only access the sky room if you had been given an executive room and I was told I could get one if I agreed to pay 20 euros for breakfast.
That is not what the priority club service is all about. Upgrades are promised if rooms are available, not because you agree to spend more.
When i put this to the receptionist, she just said that was their policy, either I buy breakfast or I stay where I was.
I rang the priority club number to complain and in the end the hotel gave me a key card to get me into the club lounge, but the room stayed the same. Funnily enough the Sky room was closed anyway!
It may seem petty or like I'm spoilt, but the fact remains that in previous priority club hotels I was made to feel like my custom was appreciated...I didn't get that feeling here.
Then add to the fact the hotel looks dated inside, has a very cold/dead atmopshere and the internet service is a bit hit and miss and you have one very unsatisfying experience.
One of the reasons I accept the inconvenience of staying in Priority Club hotels, which tend to be away from the city centre, is because of the great loyalty scheme they have, but this hotel clearly hasn't got the company motto figured out.
I would advise any priority club members to forget the points they can earn here and try their luck at the intercontinental or just stay in one of the hotels located centrally instead.

4  Thank SPJFleet
CPPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to learn from your feedback that you were disappointed with your stay at our hotel, especially when receiving such comment from a Platinum Priority Club Member.

Following your comments, I would like to assure you that we always try to provide our Platinum Priority Club Members with an upgrade to higher room category if available at the time of arrival. I regret to say that Club rooms and Club Suites cannot be offered for an upgrade if they are unavailable due to high occupancy. The benefit as such has always been influenced by room availability and cannot be guaranted in advance. As stated in your feedback, it was the Valentine’s Day and the football match between Sparta Prague and Chelsea that led to high demand for Club rooms we sold out over those days. Therefore, you got offered a complimentary upgrade to Superior room category and I feel sorry if this room type had not met your expectations in full.

I am aware of the matter of fact that you, as a valued Platinum Priority Club Member, may receive various benefits in IHG hotels worldwide that vary when compared among the properties.We, as Crowne Plaza Prague and in line with Priority Club benefit rules, provide our Platinum members with a special benefit of a free access to the Club Lounge if reservation is made for this particular product and services including breakfast. As it was not the case, our reception staff referred to the offer of the EUR 20 breakfast supplement which is considered an added value at minimum cost for our guests extending the services given within the range of global Priority Club standards.

Dear Sir, let me please state that we greatly value our Priority Club Members as they represent a customer audience we always focus on and do for them our utmost to fulfill their expectations.

I also hope to have another opportunity to present on our perception and reflection of your meaning in conjuction with our services, their quality and improvements related and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Prauge some day in the not too distant future.

Kind regards

Michal Kralik

Reservation & Revenue Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed on business, therefore wasn't personally selected/booked.

Large, somewhat austere Soviet-era structure; somewhat puts one in mind of a concrete wedding cake.

Large open public spaces, with plenty of marble...half expected Hercule Poirot to wander by...very Art Deco, albeit a somewhat faded Soviet interpretation. (Was apparently built to accomodate visiting Russian Generals and their entourages.)

Stayed on 9th floor, and accomodation was very nice - although suspect was recently renovated. Faced front road/square, but high enough to avoid noise.

Breakfasts & lunch were fine, but not really notable in any way.

All in all, a decent place to stay if room chosen carefully, albeit would also need to be at the right price to compensate for the need to ride the tram (#8) for 20 mins to get downtown. If here for pleasure, can't think that wouldn't stay closer to the Old Town.

Date of stay: February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Aitch22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Recently I have been in Prague for business and our company reserved this hotel for our convention.
I have to say I would expect a lot more from a hotel that offers convention facilities and accomodation, and also from Crowne Plaza brand.
The hotel is in an old Soviet style building, a bit far from city centre but relatively well connected to downtown.
All the public areas -hall, restaurant, etc - are very elegant and new, but the rooms are nothing special and with old furniture. The rooms were noisy at night because of traffic (the hotel faces a large square), while inside the bathrom was really poorly finished.

Breakfast and lunch were good, actually very good, but coffee was terrible. They have a self service machine offering "espresso" and "coffee", but I could not notice any difference in appearance or taste (!)
Finally, wi-fi is extremely weak, was a pain to try and work. Ah, bring an adapter, they don't have any if you forget.
gym is available and well equipped.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2013

Dear Valsav,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. The Crowne Plaza Hotel Prague is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 6 February 2013

Stayed here for a few nights week commencing Feb 4th. Good Hotel, A little to far from the city center to walk but there is a tram just outside the hotel. Staff friendly and very helpful. good buffet breakfast, What more can you ask for!
My colleague had his jacket stolen while having a drink in the bar one evening which was a negative aspect to what otherwise was a good experience. Not sure how this happened, be careful!

Room tip: If you are a non smoker make sure you specify Non Smoking Room. Smoking is still permitted in some public areas in Czech.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Michaela M, Director of Sales at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Madam/Sir,

Please be informed that with effect from 31st of January 2015, AUSTRIA Hotels Betriebs CZ, s.r.o. sold Hotel International Prague to the new owner and no more operates this property.

We, as a new owner, unfortunately can not make any comments to your review, whether it is positive or negative.
Since our company took over the hotel in February 2015, we immediately started to work on refurbishment plans, we have been working hard and we still are spending significant time with our team on this project, however it is a process that takes time. During last winter we have already made first renovations by building new Elevator, 24 new Executive rooms, upgrading Lobby area, changing over 1000 m2 of carpets, building new restaurant Symphonia and currently we have embarked on renovation of public areas.

We do hope we will be allowed to welcome you back to Prague and Hotel International to show you our changes.

With kindest regards,

Stepanka Srncova
Hotel International Praha

Reviewed 28 January 2013

i have just returned from the hotel yesterday with 3 friends, and can say this is a great base hotel, the no 8 tram has its last and first stop from out-side this hotel which makes it very easy to get around and you can perchase the tram tickets from the hotel. the rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was more than enough, mirossav preiss on reception was very helpfull and plessant, will go back to prague and would look to stay at this hotel again

Room tip: ask for the front rooms as you have a nice view
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank fantasticSouthampton
CPPrague, Manager at Grand Hotel International Prague, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear guest,

let me thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor site as result of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Prague. It is great to reach such a positive comments about quality of our services including breakfast and most of all about helpful attitude of our staff, namely Miroslav.
Thank you once again for your 5 out of 5 review and we look forward to looking after you in the future.
Kind regards