Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Ángel S

Nice stay in an iconic hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 Apr 2024
Iconic hotel in a very nice quiet and well comunicated place. Comfortable stay, with good breakfast and good service. The staff is very professional.
Despite being quite old it is well maintained keeping the original flavour with all the commodities. The views from the top restaurant and terrace were very nice.
Date of stay: April 2024
5.1 miles from Grand Hotel International Prague
Free parking
View more hotels in Prague
1,767 results
All reviews city centre tram stop old town public transport grand hotel hotel bar czech republic beautiful city breakfast was included josef stalinist kaufland stops kettle supermarket castle
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Achtung, Achtung! False advertising! This IS NOT a four-star hotel!!!! The only thing that indicates four stars is the price, unfortunately. The hotel screams for renovation. The furniture in the room is old, the carpet is dirty, there are two broken windows, and the towels smell badly! Taking a shower in a bath(!) is a suicide mission, and if you survive that, you have to clean the whole bathroom because the floor is flooded. As far as the "sensational" dining room is concerned, the only sensational experience is when you manage to find a fork. Breakfast is average, pretty boring. Stale vegetables, cheap salami and nutella wannabe spread. However, the weakest link is the staff. Red haired receptionist, to be precised. We travel a lot and this is the rudest receptionist I have ever met. Smile and a kind word won't kill you, sir! I would forgive a bad room and extra charge for the parking, but your attitude is unforgivable. Big no no for the hotel!

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2024

First day we arrived, we get into the room which is supposed to be ready by 3pm to find 2 men fixing a light which took an hour. The guy also nearly electrocuted himself in the process. We went to complain and they said they’d give us a free room upgrade. We go to ask about this the next day and shock horror there’s ‘no rooms available’ due to a conference going on. We then said is there a chance we could pay as the room didn’t look as it was advertised anyway and all of a sudden there were rooms free. We didn’t take them up on that offer due to the discount we was offered being more per night than standard rate. On our last night I get back to the hotel at 1am to find my key card doesn’t work so I go to reception get a new one and it’s still broke. Had to go up and down 3 times before the worker came up to have a look as he was convinced I was doing it wrong. I wasn’t. Another worker with an actual door key tried to get in with it and he couldn’t. I was offered a new room for the night but didn’t want to take the chance as we had to leave by 11am in the morning so I needed to pack my things. I waited in the lobby for 20 minutes until he comes and says that he’s opened it. I went in the room while he waited outside to see if my friend would be able to get in when he came back later and shock, it was broken. I asked about swapping rooms anyway due to it saving us a big hassle in the morning with one of us having to go for breakfast at once etc but shock, no rooms available even tho I was offered a different room 30 mins before. As an apology for the room key inconvenience which took over an hour I was gifted a bottle of wine which cost €3 and tasted like sewage water. I was also then additional charge for this when I was checking out so i just had to argue my way out of it as you cannot charge me for a ‘gift’ due to your lack of competence. All the staff don’t know what they’re doing cos they’re absolutely useless and are all very rude.
The rooms are nowhere near as advertised you’re better off bringing a tent and setting it up outside. If you are looking at staying here I’d genuinely not bother.

Room tip: Book an executive room or you might aswell sleep outside
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2024

Hotel was fantastic. Rooms modern and clean with great views of the city. Restaurant and bar had amazing food with brilliant staff. Valentin and Usman made the best cocktails I have ever had and always were excellent and attentive, they are asset to the hotel! Well located for trams into the city centre. Easy to get Ubers to/from hotel also. Hotel breakfast was delicious. The rooftop bar at night is magical, with view of the whole city and the castle and cathedral. Can’t recommend this hotel enough and will definitely be coming back

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2024

Me and my girlfriend spent 3 days , it was very nice to be there, the hotel located in center of prague and it's really close to old Town and all historical places, Room is always clean and breakfast restaurants is international and high, there's very nice garden, staff are friendly, helpful and welcoming thanks for everyone who's working in hotel and for sure we would like to go there again

Room tip: High quality
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2024 via mobile

We returned to the newly renamed Grand International Hotel for our annual stay and were very impressed by the upgrades and changes made by the new owners Czech Inns.
Rooms are lovely spacious and well maintained.
The breakfast was the same super and varied selection as previous.
Reception areas and bar area has been upgraded with fresh flowers giving a pleasing feel.
Again a very pleasant stay and we will be returning again.
Trams and buses easily available outside the hotel so getting to and from the many Prague attractions is quick and easy.
Thank you again..... Happy memories.

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple