“The best service I've experienced in Praha. Highly recommended.”
Review of Hotel 16

Hotel 16
Ranked #5 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Wales
“The best service I've experienced in Praha. Highly recommended.”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I recently stayed in Hotel 16 for 2 nights. This was my 12th stay in Praha but my first in Hotel 16.
Praha is a beautiful city and during my many visits to Praha I've experienced the highs and the lows of customer service in Praha. I met 4 staff in Hotel 16 and their level of service was exceptionally high, in fact the best I have experienced anywhere.
I arrived by car and off-loaded my luggage, then I was given a map and directions to a nearby guarded car park. On my return I was offered a coffee and checked in. I was treated with friendliness and respect throughout my stay and offered advice about the city, transport, what to see, where to eat and local cashpoints. As I know the city well I made few requests but I felt that nothing was too much for the staff who were more than willing to help with anything. Travel tickets for public transport are available in the hotel. There is a PC and printer for use by quests and free wifi throughout the hotel.
Breakfast was a selection of cereals, breads, cold meats, cheese, yoghurt and fruit, coffee or tea and orange juice.
I had a double room with en suite toilet and shower room, TV, air conditioning and minibar and overlooking the garden. The room and hotel were beautifully decorated throughout.
The hotel is situated in a quiet, safe area of Praha, approximately 10 mins walk from Wenceslas Square, away from the crowds but close enough to get to the main sights easily.
I intend to return to Praha soon but I don't intend looking for a different hotel for my next visit as Hotel 16 offers outstanding customer service which I doubt that I could get better anywhere.
I highly recommend Hotel 16 (in case you haven't already guessed!)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank eggyfop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We (my wife and I and our 19-old daughter, who had previously been to Prague on an inter-rail tour with friends, so knew a fair bit about the city) had a four day trip in Prague and stayed in Hotel 16 due to previous reviews. They are not wrong. The best aspect of the hotel are the staff, who are all very friendly and helpful and speak perfect English (several had previously worked in English hotels). They welcomed us with a coffee and advice about where to eat that night. They changed our room when it wasn't quite right (the extra room didn't have a door in the original room). On another evening, while having a drink at the hotel bar, we were all given various complimentary shots of local produce, accompanied by a tale connected to each. A great start to the night! We stayed in room 25, a triple room: The rooms were very clean and well kept, with an excellent shower and extraction fan, free wifi and very good air-conditioning system. The rooms are double glazed and it was very quite on a night. The only improvement they could make would be the beds, which were too hard for us, but that was easily fixed by putting a spare duvet under the sheet. The wifi works well.
Breakfast is included and is excellent and available up to 10am. Mostly self service, other than coffee/tea and omelettes / scambled egg. Lots of different fruit, cereals, small pancakes (with maple syrup), continental breakfast (lovely ham, salami and large selection of cheeses, plus salad) and a large variety of breads that you could also toast. The bread was always freshly baked and superb fresh or toasted. The omelette / scambled egg was not always offered, but just ask. As you leave (or return) there is a selection of fruits /sweets / small chocolates in bowls that you can take with you, which is another nice touch. We also discovered (at the end of the trip) that there is a very good fridge filled with drinks and nibbles in the room! (it looked like a small cupboard).
The hotel is about 10 mins to Wenceslas square and say 20 mins to Charles bridge and the old town. We enjoyed the walk and it means the hotel is outside the busy areas and nice and quite, but feels perfectly safe. To eat, there is a good Czech restaurant just around the corner and we enjoyed the various home brewed beers (including a banana beer that our daughter enjoyed) and Czech gulash (melt-in-the-mouth beef in rich, tasty gravy mopped up with bready, bacon dumplings; Prague is great for meat eaters who like their beer!) A little further, opposite the 'ballroom dancing' building is a Staropramen "Crazy goose" restaurant (look for the goose feet) which was our favourite. Doesn't look good from the outside, but inside is modern yet cosy and serves Czech and international food: I loved the ribs and had them both nights and my wife and daughter enjoyed the prawns and Caesar salad . All washed down with great Staropramen beer or the Czech white house wine. Cost was about £40 for the three of us, including a bottle of wine and three 'near-pints' (0.5 litres), so good value. Our favourite place for beers was at the far end of the old town, about 200 yards from the square, in the Prague beer museum. Not a museum, just a very, very, good pub, selling a huge array of great beers, IPAs and lagers (including blueberry, raspberry and strawberry flavoured; plus beer cocktails etc etc), including 0.15 litre tasters.
We would highly recommend Prague and the hotel 16.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Smiley3867
caledon
Reviewed 7 August 2013

On a recent trip in Europe, on our way back from Austria to Poland, we decided to spend one night in Prague. Having no accommodation booked, we did a quick search on Trip Advisor and my husband came up with two hotels to choose from.

Hotel 16 had the highest score and I called to find out if they could accommodate us. From the minute we spoke to Adam on the phone, to the time we left the next day, the experience was exceptional!!!! The service second to none!
While signing in, we were offered tea, coffee, pastries and were given tips, a map on the highlights to be seen in such a short time.

Hotel 16 is a small boutique hotel with 14 beautiful, spacious rooms with all the amenities needed. Tea and coffee available from the front desk all day and night long.

Breakfast was a variety of eggs to order and cold cuts, cheese, pastries, fruit, cereal etc.

The staff (Adam, the lovely young lady on night shift and the owner) were exceptionally friendly and helpful and we just loved the personal touches.

Although this hotel is just outside the main tourist area, it is still very easily accessible on foot, by tram or taxi.

As world travelers,this was one of the most pleasant stays we have ever had!
If ever in this city, do yourself a favour and stay at this remarkable little hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank caledonprotea
Amberg, Germany
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Brilliant hotel with really friendly and helpful staff. Car parking was a 5 min walk, which was fine as it was sunny. Walk into main square is 15 mins or a short walk and take the tram which the Hotel can provide tickets for. Would stay here again when in Prague. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Book early as very popular
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tony2892013
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel was recommended to us by a friend from the Czech Republic. The recommendation was fully justified. The hotel is quite conveniently located, has got cosy, comfortable (albeit not too spacious) rooms.
Their best value is their staff -- I have never met such friendly and helpful hotel employees. Can you believe that the lady at the reception desk made a plan for our walk around Old Prague so that we take a tram to a specific location so that we go down the slope all the time? Imagine how thankful we were when in sizzling hot weather we were walking down, and passing crowds of panting tourists.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jacek_Sroda
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We picked this hotel based on previous recommendations and we were not disappointed. Service was amazing and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Quiet location, beautifully furnished, great breakfast, clean and tidy. Couldn't fault it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel 16. My husband and I traveled with another couple and we all agreed that Hotel 16 was probably the best small hotel we ever stayed in! We were warmly welcomed, given spotless, cozy rooms, served a fabulous breakfast buffet and received exceptional service--all in a beautifully restored small apartment building. I would return to Prague just to stay at Hotel 16!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple