“Friendly, helpful and welcoming!”
Review of Hotel 16

Hotel 16
Ranked #7 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Friendly, helpful and welcoming!”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here because I needed an extra night in Prague after my passport was stolen and I had to change flights.
I was not prepared for how friendly and helpful each member of staff were. Not only that but the facilities are excellent (my room had a private access garden!) and breakfast was fresh and ample.
All of the staff were so friendly and good at what they do!
It's not often I feel strongly enough about places to write a review so take that as another sign of how pleasant a place this was to be for a weary traveller lost in Prague.

Room Tip: room 12 had it's own garden, perfect for a smoker or if the weather is nice
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mattyb1609

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Mpls
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We were greeted with a cappuccino upon arrival. I'm sorry we didn't write down the name of the young man who helped us. He spent 20-30 minutes with a map of Prague pointing out sights to see and how to get there. He said to stop the next day and he'd have more suggestions as he didn't want to "overwhelm" us the first day. Our room turned out to be a suite? It was a bedroom with a separate bath and then entirely separate room with tv, desk and couch. Wonderful! We had just reserved a double room. Breakfast was a delicious buffet next to the lobby. When we checked out we were given two red ceramic hotel 16 coffee mugs. Great mementos of a very pleasant stay. Oh and the map we were given at Hotel 16 was much better than the one we had purchased for $2.50 at the train station!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sailjmrm
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Loved every minute of our stay! The decor is easy on the eye. Clean, clean, clean. The service is outstanding. The breakfast is outrageously good. Did I mention the service!? Everyone went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we could possibly want or need. I look forward to seeing everyone again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda E
Beijing, China
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My friends and I spent two nights in hotel16, and we enjoyed the stay very much.
I would like to highlight the wonderful service. The staffs are friendly, warm-hearted, and gracious. They showed us the most conviniet way to travel around the city, and provided help whenever we needed. I must say the service is beyond my expectation.
The hotel itself is quite nice. It located in a quiet street, not far away from old town. The room is cozy and clean. The breakfast is tasty. Every detail was worked out to everyone's satisfaction.
I would highly recommend the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vivian S
Lubeck, Germany
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I went there with two friends because it had good reviews and wasn't expensive and we didn't regret it. The room was big and clean, they accepted us to arrive early in the morning and didn't charged us early check-in. The people there were really nice and the breakfast had many food options. We went there during easter and they left an small gift everyday for each one of us. The best hotel I have been in Europe. Totally recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank albam_malaved
Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After a wonderful three nights at the Hotel 16, I was a little sad to find that at home, no one called me Madam, provided a vast selection of delicious breakfast items or helped me plan my day. You spoiled my friend and I to death Hotel 16. Thank you.

If you are looking for considerate, caring staff, a central location in New Town, clean, nicely appointed rooms and a charming experience than look no further. I look forward to returning in the future to be attentively spoiled again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor at the front and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ExpatTraveller10
Rockledge, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 6 days this October before taking a river trip on the Danube. Three other couples were with us. We all agreed the hotel and staff were wonderful, the accommodations clean and comfortable. Location was great. The included breakfasts were delicious and expansive with fresh breads, daily fresh baked strudel, fruit, a variety of coffees and many other fresh items. Pavla, Adam, the two Martins, Sharka and everyone in the hotel were helpful, professional and friendly. They provided guidance, reservations, recommendations and even had mass transit passes for sale at the desk. The staff is multi-lingual and all spoke excellent English.

The interior of the hotel was beautifully done as were the rooms. It had an elevator, no need to carry your luggage up the stairs. Only 24 rooms, this made it very private and quiet. Security was excellent, front desk is staffed 24/7 and the front door entry is controlled from the desk via electronic lock. Candies at the front desk, many wonderful small touches.

We would return tomorrow for an extended stay.

Rene and Laura, FL USA

Room Tip: Our room faced the street but we had no issues with noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends