“Excellent hotel with friendly staff and lovely rooms.”
Review of Hotel 16

Hotel 16
Ranked #7 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Bristol
“Excellent hotel with friendly staff and lovely rooms.”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Well located and reasonably central, this hotel has very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Hotel very clean and rooms very spacious.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
United States
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This hotel is perfect. I read the great reviews of this hotel before booking my stay here and I am pleased to say that they are all true. The staff really go out of their way to make sure you are happy and are very friendly. My room was super clean, with an amazing view and access to the back garden. The breakfast had everything imaginable, and I thoroughly enjoyed the free internet.

The location is wonderful. It's in a nice and quite area, yet still so close to everything. I walked everywhere with no problems.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here the next time I come.
I had a memorabel expereince in Prague mainly because of my stay at this hotel.
Thank you!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
jamegood1
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I came here with my girlfriend for our first trip overseas together. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed and were nothing but friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal and despite plenty of restaurant options nearby, my girlfriend and I LOVED eating in the breakfast room every morning together. It was like a bed & breakfast atmosphere.

Its a 10-15minute walk to all of the downtown sights, but I guarantee that if I ever go back to Prague, Hotel 16 is the only place I'll stay. No issues with the billing, which was something I'd read was an issue with other hotels. No noise. No snobbiness or language problems. If anything, my girlfriend and I wished they spoke more Czech to us so we could practice, because they all knew English too well!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Europe
Reviewed 11 July 2009

The room was small, but the location and was perfect for my needs. Staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Swarthmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 June 2009

We had the pleasure of a three-night stay at Hotel 16, and it was a great experience. The staff is super-friendly, the breakfast is diverse and filling, and the interiors are spacious, clean, and attractive.

Of particular note is how amazingly quiet the hotel is. The road it's on seems to normally have very little traffic, but during our stay, there was heavy construction and jack-hammering going on (directly under our window in fact), which made the street very noisy. However, with the room's double windows shut, we couldn't even tell, never being woken up once by the noise.

The hotel is a bit far from the major center of Prague, but it is close to various metro stops, making it quite easy to get around. It's also just down the street from Pivovarský dům, an excellent little pub with an interesting selection of beers and tasty food.

The free WiFi was very much appreciated. The reception was a bit spotty in the room, but an ethernet cable was already provided in the sitting room, so there were ultimately no connectivity issues.

The only tiny negative is that the provided shampoo packets were a bit small and the shampoo inside was not very sudsy. But this seems to be pretty common throughout Europe, so it's not really a strike against Hotel 16 specifically. Just be sure to bring your own travel size, especially if you have long hair or really enjoy lathering up.

Overall, this is an awesome place to stay, and we were very satisfied with our choice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This hotel is great, was recommended by Rick Steves' tour book and was an excellent choice!! A very cozy location in newer Prague, 10 mins walking from nightlife and attractions, short metro ride from all the historic sights.... staff was fabulous, room as a single traveler was a pleasant surprise as being more spacious & modern than most hotels I have found in Europe, all amenities as well as in-house free internet (and luckily for me also a computer, since I did not have my laptop with me). Maid service was great and did not interfere with my staying out late night schedule... but this hotel is good for business, leisure, and everything in between... if you go to Prague it's the best. Price was right, included breakfast too.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Timisoara, Romania
Reviewed 12 April 2009

We stumbled upon this great little hotel ! a 2 min walk to the big boulevards, yet when you come home at the end of the day after having run all over town, you find a haven of peace and quiet. New bathrooms, free Wifi, nice breakfast and very friendly staff. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple