“The location was a bit shaky, but once inside, great”
Review of Hotel 16

Hotel 16
Ranked #7 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 10 September 2009

Due to local street repair, we are not able to get close to the hotel as we arrived in late August. By the time we left, three days later, all was done. The 16 Hotel is in a location that needs a bit of rehab. The buildings adjacent are in real need of cleaning and fix-up. The 16 Hotel itself is in great shape, our room, the eating area, etc. were great. Within walking distance of Tram # 22 stop, and the square, we found it very easy to get around Prague in the two days we had. I found the hotel accommodations to be very good and the staff to be excellent. We loved the morning breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2009

Service usually doesn't matter to me much, I just need a clean room to rest my head at night, which this place provided for sure, but the service here blew me away. The concierge always had a smile on his face, was extremely helpful in providing us any information we needed, directed us to a great restaurant that micro brewed its own beer. The complimentary breakfast is much better than most, offering excellent variety. The location was a bit out of the way but the river can be reached in a couple of minutes walk and the charles bridge is maybe 15 minutes by foot. The subway station is also fairly close by.

Of all of the accommodations I experienced during my trip, the hotel 16 was by far the best. The place is small, quaint, and very personal.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We arrived after an overnight train journey, to a lovely welcome where nothing was too much trouble. Staff were real people, not corporate, and provided the highest standard of care and attention. Rooms were delightful, two overlooking the vertical garden. Breakfasts were splendid and fresh. Location was not too central, so we could explore Prague from different directions.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2009

ID#: 34632549

Hotel 16 was a perfect choice for my friend and I. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpfull, rooms were cleaned every day. Excellent breakfest and position of the hotel was very good. I would recommend this hotel.Date of our stay was 10th July to the 15th July 2009

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Well located and reasonably central, this hotel has very friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Hotel very clean and rooms very spacious.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2009

This hotel is perfect. I read the great reviews of this hotel before booking my stay here and I am pleased to say that they are all true. The staff really go out of their way to make sure you are happy and are very friendly. My room was super clean, with an amazing view and access to the back garden. The breakfast had everything imaginable, and I thoroughly enjoyed the free internet.

The location is wonderful. It's in a nice and quite area, yet still so close to everything. I walked everywhere with no problems.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here the next time I come.
I had a memorabel expereince in Prague mainly because of my stay at this hotel.
Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I came here with my girlfriend for our first trip overseas together. The staff went out of their way to make sure we had what we needed and were nothing but friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal and despite plenty of restaurant options nearby, my girlfriend and I LOVED eating in the breakfast room every morning together. It was like a bed & breakfast atmosphere.

Its a 10-15minute walk to all of the downtown sights, but I guarantee that if I ever go back to Prague, Hotel 16 is the only place I'll stay. No issues with the billing, which was something I'd read was an issue with other hotels. No noise. No snobbiness or language problems. If anything, my girlfriend and I wished they spoke more Czech to us so we could practice, because they all knew English too well!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple