Metamorphis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cerny Slon(Prague)
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbeer spaold town squaregreat locationcellar restaurantsmall squarechurch bellslarge bathroomtop floorwooden beamsno elevatoroverlooking the squareastronomical clockcoffee tableinner courtyardmain buildingdouble windowsthird floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Great hotel in great location. The welcoming and service in the hotel was amazing. Breakfast choices were very rich. Very much enjoyed our stay. When we will be coming back to Prague, we will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Our first trip to Prague and so we picked Metamorphis because of its position. That could not be faulted. We could walk almost everywhere from the hotel and were only 50 metres or so from the Old Town Square with all it's bars and restaurants and historic buildings. We were actually located in the adjoining building to the main hotel building, so it was more like an apartment. But beds were very comfortable, it was quiet and more importantly warm! The only thing that we found less than ideal was the low shower over the bath with no shower screen or curtain. This needs to be addressed. The option is, therefore, covering the bathroom with water or sitting in the bath whilst showering. I would say that for older guests or those with a little impaired mobility this could be dangerous. If that is you, I suggest you check what is in your room before booking. Otherwise all good and as we found in most of Prague, English is widely spoken.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2014

By combining my experience over 6 nights at this hotel with reading other reviews it seems like your experience at Metamorphis will be a crap shoot depending on which room you are given. Our king suite certainly was nothing like their website pictures suggest, having worn, terribly stained carpets, and a simple bathroom without even a shower curtain for the tub. The room was large but with terrible sound insulation with noise from adjoining rooms loud enough to continuously wake us from our sleep every single night. Also it didn't help that hotel staff rattled dumpsters across the courtyard in the middle of the night and then dumped them with loud crashes directly under our window.
What this hotel does have is a perfect location, you cannot get closer to the historical district of
Prague than this hotel. Literally you walk across the courtyard to the old town square and the astronomical clock. We walked everywhere we needed to go in Prague from the hotel and it is easyto orientate and find your way back home as you just head for the church steeple right beside
the hotel.
I would not stay at this hotel again having expected much more from the building given the premium price we paid. There are many hotels in this district and it appears that some of them would be a better choice. I do not know how star ratings are awarded but Metamorphis hotel is comparable to cheap two star hotels in western countries. Be aware that there are 2 different properties under basically the same name with 'Metamorphis Excellent Hotel' right across the street. Maybe the nice website pictures are from that hotel as they did not represent the king suite we were given.

Room Tip: Specify when reserving that you want the Hotel Metamorphis Excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank philip c
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I enjoyed a 5 night stay here late October. When I checked in I just assumed my room would be upstairs, somewhere above reception, however, there is another part of the hotel across a walkway while attached to the reception building, must be entered through a separate door. The entire building is divided on ground level by a breezeway that splits the building in two. The part of the hotel where I stayed is on the same side as the restaurant. This did not bother me in the least I was only confused at first as I didn't realize and wondered where I was being led upon arrival.

So, I had a top floor room which overlooked a small sea of red tiled roofs. In the morning I opened the windows to listen to the church bells. On Sunday it was especially beautiful. My room was unique in that it had fabulous original wood beams, two of which had to be navigated around as they ran floor to ceiling in the room. I loved it! There were beams in the bathroom, too and beautiful tile and a fabulous shower! I loved the decor, especially the glass light fixtures. My room was quiet but I did hear from other guests who had either alley or street facing windows that they experienced noise, sometimes late at night. This was not an issue for me.

There is no lift to the top floor, the last two flights must be made on foot. Again, this did not bother me in the least. My only issue with the hotel was the erratic housekeeping. Twice I came back to only two towels. Everything else, including the bathmat, was removed. Otherwise, I had an abundance of everything I needed and the staff here could not be more kind, friendly and helpful.

I had dinner my first night at the restaurant and intended to go back as I enjoyed very much the food and service but never made it back.

On top of everything else, I loved the location. Would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TexasAMC3
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We have been at Hotel Metamorphis for 4 nights at December, just before Christmas.
Our first impression was...ouaou! We stayed at room 44, a perfect attic with wooden surfaces and a fantastic view at Tyn Cathedral. The room was quite spacious and the bathroom had all the necessary amenities to make our staying comfortable.
However, we faced some issues that had to do with the daily cleaning and tidyng up the room. Some examples: We arrived on Wednesday morning, so on Thursday evening after returning from our tour we expected our room to be clean, the bed done etc. Our disappointment was obvious when we realized that nobody had entered to tidy up. Furthermore, till our last day we slept on the same linen and we used the same towels, since the hotel had never changed them. We do understand that the towels are being changed when you leave them at the bathroom floor, however everyone expects from a 4star hotel to change them every two-three days. The last example that had to do with the cleaning and the insufficient service was the fact that we ordered from our room dinner on Thursday evening from the Italian restaurant of the hotel.The dirty dishes remained at the sofa table till the day we checked out (Sunday). The lady that entered our room had never the intension of taking them (maybe the dishes are still there...).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple