“Good location and good service”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav
Ranked #207 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The hotel is located right between the old town and the new town. Very easy to access all the stuff you want to see. For example, the Charles Bridge is only 10 minutes slow walking away. Since the hotel is placed near the river it was also very easy to find your way home. All you had to do was to walk alongside the river and turn at the right bridge. Several restaurants in the neighbourhood, and one or two supermarkets as well.

The room me and my fiancee got was pretty small and didn't have anything special. I missed a fridge to store some beverages and something to eat in. The beds were very hard compared to what we are used to, but we didn't sleep bad. The room was very clean though, I have absolutely nothing to whine about there.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, no matter what we asked.

The hotel bar was open until 00:00, and was pretty nice.

The checkout was quite early, and our plane didn't leave until the evening. No problem though, since they had a nice luggage room where we could keep our bags while we had a great day out in the city. The luggage room was locked and you borrowed a key in the reception, and it also had camera surveillance. Felt very safe.

1  Thank TLJ86
Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 19 March 2011

Stayed here for 5 nights in March and have to say I was very pleased with the hotel. My room was on the ground floor and although I could hear some noise from the public areas luckily I am a sound sleeper and was so tired every night this wasn’t a problem. However, if noise irritates you and/or keeps you awake, I would request a room elsewhere.
That is only a minor complaint though - the hotel itself is situated in a lovely part of the New Town very adjacent to trams and underground, the staff were friendly and helpful, my room was very large with a separate hall area and big toilet with walk-in powerful shower, it was always warm, clean and the bed comfortable. Buffet breakfast was varied and tasty – hot and continental breakfasts available – a good selection and plenty of it. And all this cost £39 per night for a single occupancy, an absolute bargain for the quality, standard and location of the hotel.
Would recommend the Pav to anyone on a trip to Prague – a good place to rest your weary bones after a day’s exploration of an exquisite city.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank BogsideBunny
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I stayed her for a weekend break with my partner in March 2011 and was very impressed. The location is excellent, near public transport and walking distance to everything in central Prague. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was plentiful and varied. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maple16
Reviewed 12 March 2011

It could be a very good hotel, also in relation to the location not far from the touristy areas of the city of Prague. But the staff speaks only English and made ​​in Czech is rather annoying and ready to increase any rate. The rooms are not up to cleaning. as we had booked through an offer of Booking.com first have held a deposit equal to 90% of the agreed price five days before our arrival, though the contract made ​​via the web only foresaw the day before, and then gave us a room with windows almost no light, in a sort of pit. The breakfast is good and plentiful but the room is quite small compared to the number of guests and you have to queue to enter. If you do not have too many claims is the place for you.

2  Thank Salvino59
PraguePav, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2011

Dear ladies, dear gentlemen, dear client, in reference to your guest review from March 12th 2011 I would like to express the official standpoint of Best Western Hotel Pav relating to your review above. I am very sorry to can't agree with your affirmattions mentioned. We do have a professional multilingual staff, everyobdy from the reception staff speak fluently at least by two international languages, in the majority than English and German languages are used. Concerning the preauthorisation of your credit card - in continuity to the payment conditions presented on the website where you have been done the reservation, any money were not charged to you before your arrival to the hotel, just there has been done the preautorization of your card for the amount coresponding to the first night rate only. Thank you very much for your kind understanding,

Jan Strnad
Hotel Manager
Best Western Hotel Pav Prague

Reviewed 11 March 2011

It started out when I booked my room online and also the hotel transfer. I paid for the room online but there wasn't any way to pay for the transfer - only to book the transfer. When I got to the hotel, they tried to make me pay the higher fee and even more than that because I was using a Credit Card. They asked me for the confirmation and what I showed them didn't have a PAID confirmation on it. After much arguing, they finally realized that there is no way to pay for the transfer up front online.

Then, after I checked out of my room, they sent me an email stating that I did $270 USD of damage to their Luggage Rack. I did NOT do any damage to their room. I can't imagine how a 50lb suitcase could do that much damage to a luggage rack so I asked for pictures. The pictures don't even show my room and the luggage rack was moved several times from the different shots taken. It is obviously faulty furnisher because from the pictures, it was held together by one 1 screw!! The rest was glued! And I KNOW there wasn't any damage to anything because I took pictures of the room before and after! I'm still in dispute with the credit card company.

Advice: Pay with Cash when staying here. The price is okay but they will try to screw you any way possible!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank shaspiro
PraguePav, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hotel Pav, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2011

Dear client, in reference to your guest review which has been written on March 11th 2011, let me please to express the official standpoint of Best Western Hotel Pav Prague.

I am very sorry, I can't agree with your affirmations providing to the other future clients of our hotel not correct information.
1/ Concerning the luggage rack - we are very sorry to may confirm you the fact, the luggage rack was broken during your stay at the hotel, the official hotel's documentation has been done on November 30th 2010 on 11:03 a.m. The relevant amount was charged in reference to the rate offer of the luggage rack's supplying company.
About this you have been informed personally in November 2010 as well as the fotoducemntation has been sent to you.
We are very sorry for that, in this case was fully relevant to charge you the coresponding amount for the caused damages in your room. Your remarks cocnerning not used glue as well as like of 1 screw are I am sorry, not right at all.
2/ Secondly - concerning the hotel's transfer from the airport - in case you would visit our official website there is very easy to book on-line the transfer.
The payment of the transfer on the same time of the accommodation is very easy and common way of payment , on the other hand we have to know it as well as we have to have your agreement to do it...what we didn't have.
Concerning the charged amount for the transfer - on the hotel's official website there is clearly written the amounts are in CZK valid in case the payment would be done in cash directly to the hotel’s driver. In case of any other mode of payment there would be applied 5 % surcharge to the fix transfer rate.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding, yours sincerely

Jan Strnad
Hotel Manager
Best Western Hotel Pav

Reviewed 2 March 2011

Stayed with my wife on a short trip away. Hotel was clean and modern and close to all off Prague's main attractions. Off special note was the breakfast, lots to choose from and tasty food. My only caution is if you take up the hotels reccommended restaraunt on the same street, they will charge you 30 Kc pp as a table tax.....did not expect that. However would highly reccommend this hotel, very good value for money.

1  Thank colinmelvin
Reviewed 25 February 2011

The taxi driver had some difficulty locating the place and the small hooarding in the middle of a narrow deserted alley of old buildings didnt help. However, once we were there, we had no problems. The staff at the desk was ever helpful and cheerful. They gave us a large room for 4 ( 2 adults, 2 kids 3y and 6months). The room was spacious, clean with toilets spic anc span. The housekeeping was very effective and cleant up the mess expected with kids.

The breakfast buffet was included in room charge - extremely cheap and the lay out was impressive. The staff was hospitable, providing us with warm water/ milk before outing for the babies.

Charles bridge was 10 minutes by foot. Historic parts of the city were accessible by tram service near the hotel. Stations are not really near by if you consider walking with luggage.

Streets around the hotel are a bit deserted and I was a bit uncomfortable negotiating them after dark

There are a couple of decent eateries nearby and a bakery serving fresh stuff.

All in all - great value for money

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple