“The "go to" boutique hotel.”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Somerset County NJ
“The "go to" boutique hotel.”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

So many reviews here say it all and were previously helpful in selecting the Aria. The music theme and the fact the owner owns the Hotel Gansevoort in NYC ( fabulous), convinced me our choice was right. We would return in a heartbeat. We were very conscious of viewing hotels, including several 4-5 star non -boutique types.
If you want superior, thoughtful, knowledgeable service, a great breakfast, a gorgeous roof top intimate restaurant, comfortable yet modern interiors containing provocative and stunning art work,wonderful concierge service, and a stellar neighborhood and setting- choose the Aria.
Our room was not huge but very comfortable. The air-conditioner worked perfectly, and more importantly the king bed was as comfortable as home. The acoustic system and acoustics in the main area, were subtle but thoughtful.
The gem- The gardens in the back.
I hope this hotel thrives and that more and more people realize what the Prague has to offer and at the same time appreciate the astounding history behind this gem of a city.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LolaSomersetCountyNJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I LOVED the Aria hotel. It had a great vibe, was located in a fantastic area and supplied phenomenal service. My husband has traveled extensively for business and has said this hotel provides the best service of all the places he has stayed. The restaurant Coda was lovely....sitting high above the city with exceptional views and good food. I would have loved to give the hotel 5 stars except that the room was lacking. We had a suite with minimal air conditioning. Granted the weather was hot, but it seemed the air conditioning unit was not adequate for the size of the room. So it was uncomfortable. Also, upon arrival, there was only a closet to hang my clothes. The chest was broken, in that it had NO working knobs and so we couldn't unpack our suitcases. When I called this to the hotels attention, it was fixed the next day; however, at this level hotel, it should not have happened in the first place.

All that being said......I would return.

Room Tip: No swimming pool at hotel.
2 Thank Karkaye
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The Aria Hotel provides a level of service that is truly extraordinary. I have traveled extensively and have stayed at many fine hotels but the level of service found at the Aria has no match. Where else can you arrive exhausted from an overnight flight and be offered a temporary room to take a nap and shower because your room wasn’t ready yet due to your early arrival. Or a hotel that will offer a complimentary breakfast that same morning. Both were a first for me! And the high level of service continued throughout my 4 day stay. From the breakfast wait staff, to the front desk staff , to the doorman (Martin), to the concierge (Henry)and the personal driver offered by the hotel (Robert) everyone was pleasant, outgoing and concerned that your time at the Aria be the best possible.

As for the location it is just perfect. An easy walk too many restaurants and to the city center. I liked the fact that it was on a quiet street after spending all day with the mass of tourists in the city center. We visited all the major attractions without ever having to use public transportation. The breakfast is officially called a continental breakfast but it has a large selection of breads, cereals, fruit, fish, juices, yogurts and includes made to order eggs. We upgraded our room to a junior suite and found it to be very comfortable. All rooms come with many extra amenities such as iPod player, DVD player, and desktop computer with internet service. There is a library full of CD's and movies to select from in the concierge room. The housekeeping is immaculate. The gym, which I used every day, was adequate for an on the road workout. Finally, we made use of the car service offered by the hotel to pick us up from the airport upon arrival and then upon leaving to travel between Prague and Budapest. While it is not cheap, for us the convenience and level of service made the extra cost worthwhile. Using the car service makes travel effortless and saves time

Finally, a word on restaurants. I found the food to be universally very good and the price didn’t matter. We spend two nights at high end restaurants (Coda and Modre Kachnicky) and the other two nights (Café Savoy and right next door at the Gitanes) and found all the meals to be enjoyable.

I highly recommend the Aria Hotel and would think of no other place to stay when returning to Prague.

2 Thank MartinAB
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the Aria while my husband was at a conference. Through travel agent errors, we arrived separately, and my flights were 8 hours late. Upon finally arriving at the hotel the desk staff immediately had me complete my part of the registration, relayed how worried my husband had been and escorted my to our room. The next day was my husband's birthday which they had made note of when he checked in, we returned to our room after dinner to a beautifully decorated birthday cake with berries and a hand written note wishing him a happy birthday. It is exactly those extras that set this hotel apart.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Great Hotel. In-room stereo sound system with all genres of music, t v and computer connected.. I-pod with music provided. Beautiful back garden with great views of the city. Michelin rated top roof restaurant with great views of Prague's Castle and city, excellent food. Nearby Prague"s Castle, Charle's River, wlking distance of Old Town square.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PatttyA
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 August 2012

My wife and I just returned from an 8 night stay at the Aria hotel in Prague. All of the other positive reviews here on TripAdvisor really tell the story and they are all completely accurate. We have stayed in many hotels, from moderate to very expensive, and none has surpassed our experience at Aria with regard to quality and service...at any price.

Aria is not a huge, grand palatial hotel. It is a medium size Boutique type hotel in an excellent neighborhood located just a 5-10 minute walk from the center of the "action." The public transportation (if you are traveling somewhere outside of the city center) is only one block away. Unless you are looking for your hotel to be in the middle of the crowds, the location is perfect and I wouldn't personally stay anywhere else. The longer you stay in Prague and learn your way around the city, the more you will love staying in this neighborhood.

We had a junior suite and our room was larger than average for a European hotel room based on our previous experience. There was a sitting area, desk, very comfortable king sized bed, ample closet space, a full minibar, a desktop computer, TV and DVD player, and iPod. The bathroom was spacious and had an excellent shower with a rainwater shower head. Robes and slippers are provided. The room was always cleaned promptly in the morning and turndown service provided each evening without having to request it.

The breakfast buffet was excellent. The cold buffet had a nice assortment of choices, and eggs cooked to order were also offered. It is served in a very nice lounge area with comfortable chairs and a great atmosphere. The cappuccino is excellent.

We had dinner in their rooftop restaurant, Coda, and felt that is was one of the nicest dining experiences that we have had not only in Prague, but anywhere. The view from our table was like a postcard. It is unlike anything else you can experience...looking out over the rooftops of the neighborhood and the cathedral and Prague Castle close by. The food was creative, well presented and delicious and the service was perfect. It is not an inexpensive meal, but absolutely worth it and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a special, memorable dining experience.

We used the hotel's transportation service for airport pickup and drop off and also for a ride to the train station for a day trip. The service was perfect. Our driver was always at the scheduled meeting point on time and the car is a clean, comfortable new model Mercedes. I would recommend that anyone choosing to stay at the Aria hotel take advantage of this service. It is well worth the reasonable cost.

Finally, the highlight of the hotel is definitely the wonderful staff and the service that they provide. The front desk staff, food servers, luggage porters and concierges all provide great service that they seem genuinely happy to provide. The concierge made dining, entertainment, and shopping recommendations for us. They were always available to answer questions and provide useful information.

I highly recommend Aria hotel. I first learned about it here on TripAdvisor and wanted to contribute my own information to this forum. I believe that everything that I read that ultimately lead me to stay there is completely accurate. If I can provide any specific information to anyone, feel free to send message.

3 Thank jeffg600
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We found this hotel thru the NY Times and a review on Prague. This hotel was above and beyond our expectations. A real gem. We travel a bit from time to time and this hotel is simply at the top of our list of favorite hotels. Great location, great staff, great everything. We would go back in a heart beat and stay hopefully for longer. You owe it to yourself to stay here and enjoy the beauty that is Prague.

Room Tip: All rooms looked to be good. Our room looked into an inner courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends