“excellent service”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Just came back from a 3day week-end at Aria (with family).
Overall, the hotel managed to live up to the expectations set by the outstanding reviews on TA.
We used the chauffeur service for our transfer from and to the airport. Everything went very smoothly, both drivers were perfectly on time and the first one was particularly nice.
The room was very comfortable, nice toiletries, incredible rain shower (i've never experienced a shower with so much pressure before!), pretty cool sound system. The beds are definitely on the hard side, which wasn't an issue for us as we like it this way, but I guess this could bother some people.
Excellent room service, very quick. The concierge was extremely helpful (also communicated before the trip by emails), recommended concert venues, booked a dinner for us - at Kolkovna, which we didn't like but i'll write a separate review - as well as a guided tour. The guided tour was booked just the day before and accomodated all our requirements (in French, early in the morning etc), and the guide was really good.
Breakfast was good, although I have definitely seen better buffets (both in terms of variety and quality). The complimentary cooked to order eggs are a nice addition to the buffet.
We ate at the Coda restaurant twice, once for dinner and once for lunch, both times on the roof terrace. I thought the food was excellent, definitely more expensive than the average meal in Prague, but much tastier as well (maybe the traditional Czech food is not really to our liking, and the more "international" and less traditional food served at Coda suited us better). Not to mention that the setting is incredible.
My mother was extremely happy with the massage she had. In the mean time, we took advantage of the small gym, which I would qualify as adequate. Decent equipment - at least enough for a small session while travelling. Would only suggest to add more light to that room.
The gardens in the back are definitely worth visiting, with a lovely view at the top.
At checkout, there was a bit of a misunderstanding about the extra charge for having a 3rd person staying in the room, but they were very gracious about it, acknowledged that it hadn't been clearly stated to me when I booked, and removed that charge without discussing too much. While this wouldn't have been a huge deal, I really appreciated their attitude. Overall, all the staff was very polite and friendly, went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect, and they all (except one, but we just ignored her and she was pretty harmless) seemed to enjoy working there.
We took advantage of the junior suite discount whereby you book 3 nights and pay for 2. With that discount, I thought the room was a pretty good value for money proposition. had we paid the full price, I don't think I could say the same thing though. But then, if the room at the full price seems pretty expensive, all the other services are very decently priced, so all in all it's okay.
I would certainly stay there again when I go back to Prague - and I will as we didn't have time to visit everything!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DKB_France

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We arrived from Seattle near the end of July and stayed at the Aria for 4 days. What a WONDERFUL hotel. We were traveling with our tween and teen kids and they LOVED the place. Truly, everything was exceptional. The front desk personnel speak nearly flawless English and paid attention to every detail...including e-mailing us a few days before our stay to see if we needed airport transfers. The arranged transfers were timely and made traveling to and from the airport very easy. The included breakfast is very nice...and the waitstaff are warm and welcoming. Each room is decorated with a musical theme...and when you arrive the music is playing on an I Pod in the room. There are PC's in each room, plus free WiFi if you prefer to use your own devices. Rooms are large...bathrooms are lovely...towels plush. There is a beautiful garden that leads up to a view of the city. This hotel is only a 5 minute walk to many of the sights. There are restaurants and pubs that line the streets below...we tried the restaurant just next door and all 5 of us were thrilled with our meals. We returned to the Aria after touring other countries in Europe to fly back out of Prague...just for a one night stay. Again, we were welcomed warmly and it felt wonderful to be back after staying at some other hotels with less personal staff. It happened to be my birthday on the day we flew out...and the driver to the airport, arranged by the hotel, stopped and bought me a rose on the way to the airport. What wonderful end to a fabulous trip abroad. I left Prague smiling...and if we ever return, we will definitely book a room at the Aria!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Katherine T
Reviewed 12 August 2012

After two weeks visiting relatives in Poland, we wanted to see Prague before returning to the U.S. Our major objective was to see the Infant of Prague statue and so we searched for nearby hotels. Visits to a number of websites and Tripadvisor indicated the Aria would be a good fit for our needs. Suffice it to say the hotel exceeded our expectations. It was in a great location and its back door opened onto a series of gardens which are a UNESCO site. The Charles Bridge was a short walk from the hotel and the Castle also was nearby. The room was very clean, comfortable, quiet and large. The included breakfasts were some of the best we have had in terms of quality and breadth of offerings, and supper on the roof-top terrace was a real treat. The staff was most accomodating and helpful with all our requests. We left thinking that Prague was a beautiful city and that the Aria was a big part of our fond memories.

1  Thank TNretiree
Reviewed 11 August 2012

So many reviews here say it all and were previously helpful in selecting the Aria. The music theme and the fact the owner owns the Hotel Gansevoort in NYC ( fabulous), convinced me our choice was right. We would return in a heartbeat. We were very conscious of viewing hotels, including several 4-5 star non -boutique types.
If you want superior, thoughtful, knowledgeable service, a great breakfast, a gorgeous roof top intimate restaurant, comfortable yet modern interiors containing provocative and stunning art work,wonderful concierge service, and a stellar neighborhood and setting- choose the Aria.
Our room was not huge but very comfortable. The air-conditioner worked perfectly, and more importantly the king bed was as comfortable as home. The acoustic system and acoustics in the main area, were subtle but thoughtful.
The gem- The gardens in the back.
I hope this hotel thrives and that more and more people realize what the Prague has to offer and at the same time appreciate the astounding history behind this gem of a city.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LolaSomersetCountyNJ
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My husband and I LOVED the Aria hotel. It had a great vibe, was located in a fantastic area and supplied phenomenal service. My husband has traveled extensively for business and has said this hotel provides the best service of all the places he has stayed. The restaurant Coda was lovely....sitting high above the city with exceptional views and good food. I would have loved to give the hotel 5 stars except that the room was lacking. We had a suite with minimal air conditioning. Granted the weather was hot, but it seemed the air conditioning unit was not adequate for the size of the room. So it was uncomfortable. Also, upon arrival, there was only a closet to hang my clothes. The chest was broken, in that it had NO working knobs and so we couldn't unpack our suitcases. When I called this to the hotels attention, it was fixed the next day; however, at this level hotel, it should not have happened in the first place.

All that being said......I would return.

Room Tip: No swimming pool at hotel.
2  Thank Karkaye
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The Aria Hotel provides a level of service that is truly extraordinary. I have traveled extensively and have stayed at many fine hotels but the level of service found at the Aria has no match. Where else can you arrive exhausted from an overnight flight and be offered a temporary room to take a nap and shower because your room wasn’t ready yet due to your early arrival. Or a hotel that will offer a complimentary breakfast that same morning. Both were a first for me! And the high level of service continued throughout my 4 day stay. From the breakfast wait staff, to the front desk staff , to the doorman (Martin), to the concierge (Henry)and the personal driver offered by the hotel (Robert) everyone was pleasant, outgoing and concerned that your time at the Aria be the best possible.

As for the location it is just perfect. An easy walk too many restaurants and to the city center. I liked the fact that it was on a quiet street after spending all day with the mass of tourists in the city center. We visited all the major attractions without ever having to use public transportation. The breakfast is officially called a continental breakfast but it has a large selection of breads, cereals, fruit, fish, juices, yogurts and includes made to order eggs. We upgraded our room to a junior suite and found it to be very comfortable. All rooms come with many extra amenities such as iPod player, DVD player, and desktop computer with internet service. There is a library full of CD's and movies to select from in the concierge room. The housekeeping is immaculate. The gym, which I used every day, was adequate for an on the road workout. Finally, we made use of the car service offered by the hotel to pick us up from the airport upon arrival and then upon leaving to travel between Prague and Budapest. While it is not cheap, for us the convenience and level of service made the extra cost worthwhile. Using the car service makes travel effortless and saves time

Finally, a word on restaurants. I found the food to be universally very good and the price didn’t matter. We spend two nights at high end restaurants (Coda and Modre Kachnicky) and the other two nights (Café Savoy and right next door at the Gitanes) and found all the meals to be enjoyable.

I highly recommend the Aria Hotel and would think of no other place to stay when returning to Prague.

2  Thank MartinAB
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed at the Aria while my husband was at a conference. Through travel agent errors, we arrived separately, and my flights were 8 hours late. Upon finally arriving at the hotel the desk staff immediately had me complete my part of the registration, relayed how worried my husband had been and escorted my to our room. The next day was my husband's birthday which they had made note of when he checked in, we returned to our room after dinner to a beautifully decorated birthday cake with berries and a hand written note wishing him a happy birthday. It is exactly those extras that set this hotel apart.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business