“Fantastic stay for my birthday”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 February 2013

What can I say but firstly thank you to my wife for booking the hotel! As soon as I arrived I was struck by how welcoming the staff at the hotel were. They invited us for a welcome drink and showed us around the hotel. The hotel was lovely clean and modern though we could not get onto the roof terrace or into the garden as it is winter! The hotel was fantastic they upgraded me to a junior suite with was a lovely thought and then brought a surprise cake up to our room. They did not have to do this but it was a lovely thought. I stayed in the Chopin room. There was plenty of space together with Molton Brown product and Belgian chocolate when the bed is turned down each night. We were there for three nights. The hotel is a 5min walk to the Charles Bridge which was perfect. Each morning on getting up for breakfast we had a free one which included a good choice of food. We did not try the restaurant but hear it is quite good. As with all my stays I always ask myself would I go again, Yes I would but I'll have to see the rest of the world first!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jaygo
There are newer reviews for Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection

Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is a refined, very special hotel, where all the services have been carefully thought out. The Junior Suite (Edith Piaf), where my husband and I stayed, was very spacious and spotlessly clean. The exceptional staff need congratulating because they could not be more helpful, in particular, the Concierge. The Continental breakfast was very good with more than adequate choices. It was a wonderful experience and I would not let it's location distract from staying here, which was something I had been a little worried about. Never having been to Prague before, I thought we should stay in the Old Town and was a little concerned about the location of The Aria Hotel. How wrong I was. Mala Strana was much nicer but still only a short walk to see the Old Town. I would not hesitate to return and strongly recommend this establishment.

Room Tip: Room 210 was a Junior Suite (Edith Piaf) of 55sq.mtrs. There is no view really but this did not mat...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lytchett
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We spent four short nights there. What a wonderful place. Musical scores tiled into the lobby floors, an amazing library of discs to browse and borrow, images of composers from paintings to porcelain plates to photographs throughout the property. Outside the hotel are myriad eateries, shops, gardens, historic and picturesque sites within a few seconds' walk.

Do not miss the Aria's roof-top restaurant for a delicious, convenient summer night's dinner. The spectacular view is indescribable. Based on observations, other couples found it profoundly romantic, too. At the very least, have a Budvar beer at sunset before stepping out. Breakfast in the main dining area rocks, too.

Our room was huge. Every convenience, amenity, and detail was excellent. Upon check-in we were given an iPod loaded with their enormous music library to play on the in-room music system. Staff cheerful, accessible, patient, insightful about the property and the city. A perfect retreat after a day of exploring Prague's many attractions on foot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden in the rear. What a beautiful gem it is.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kevin M
Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Aria hotel for 3 nights in January. The staff were welcoming and we appreciated the offered tour of the hotel and a welcome drink. The room was extremely well equipped - great to have the use of a computer as well as free wifi for our own personal gadgets ! The bed was comfortable ( and large ) , and the bathroom had a great overhead rain shower. All the staff were helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was good quality with excellent meats, cheeses and pastries. We ate in the coda restaurant at the hotel which was excellent. The hotel was musically themed - we loved browsing through the books in the lounge area and took advantage of their vast collection of CDs. We thoroughly recommend this place and would hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: January 2013
6  Thank OxfordJulieT
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We spent two nights in Prague, in this lovely hotel.
It's a central hotel near the Charles' Bridge, so it was easy to reach every public transportation.

We had a great time in this hotel, in spacious, very celan room, with beautiful wiew over the city.
The reception staff was very helpful, kind, and they spoke English very well.
I was very content, and the city is the most beautiful I've ever seen in Europe. We enjoyed our days in Prague, and in this hotel.

All in all it was a pleasure, and I can recommend it to others, it's a great hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

It was the second time we have visited Prague, but the first at the hotel. We are lucky enough to stay at many different hotels all over the world and this one falls completely in the "very average" band. We arrived and they basically force you to have a guided tour which we didn't want in took us a good five minutes to persuade them it was not necessary. So then a drink in the bar - white wine (and this is no exaggeration) with half a cork in it!
So went to our room - past the broken sideboard in the hall and into the bedroom that could double as a sauna even with the air conditioning on full blast. Otherwise the room was adequate, but for a Junior Suite it was "very average".
Sauna before dinner that was not turned on - gave up!
Went out for dinner at a restaurant we went to 12 years ago which was excellent and then back to the Hotel for a night cap. 10.30pm and bar closed!! Went to the Irish bar across the road.
Then to bed in our incredibly hot room and after a restless night went down for the poorest continental breakfast I have ever seen. Two slices of ham, croissants, some wiffy cheese and a few cherry tomatoes. Anything else you have to pay for!!
Check out was a lengthy process as we were pointed in the direction of a trainee. 45 minutes later and we escaped!
So - very average, horribly over priced with average to poor service. The price for one night for our room advertised in reception was just under Eur500! Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Dickie H
Jiri30, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to write your comment to us, all the feedbacks from our clients are very important to us. It is one of the most important ways how we can improve our services.

I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience during your one night stay and so many negative things happened. I would like to personally apologize that you were forced to have a guided tour. We do this short tour of the hotel as one of the main standards to explain all the facilities our hotel has to offer. This tour also includes some very important information about Prague and all the main attractions. Most of our guests find this service very helpful and it helps them to organize their time in Prague better, especially if it is their first visit. Of course, a part of this service is to ask the guest if he is not tired and has the time and mood for this short tour. I am sorry if this has not happened but you can always say NO.

Restaurant - Just a big apology for the cork in your wine! I hope you returned the glass and you were offered a new one. This should not happen! Regarding the breakfast, this really depends what you see under continental breakfast. Normally it is just what you have mentioned but as you can see from previous comments it includes more things as salmon, smoked trout, sort of cheeses, charcuterie and Pates selection, fresh sliced fruit and vegetable, and warm breakfast as boiled, scrambled or fried eggs which all is included in the room rate and we call this Continental buffet breakfast. Eggs are always prepared ala minute and served fresh. Our bar is always open till 24:00 (midnight) so I don`t understand this point since I have double checked it on our surveillance cameras.

Regarding the last point - receptionist in training - everybody has to start and I apologize that you had to wait. On the other side there is always a manager who can help and honestly I have never experienced a check out which takes 45 minutes and I do travel a lot.

Dear Sir, please accept one more time our apology and if you would give us a second chance please fell free to contact me directly and I will personally make sure that Aria Hotel can provide a great customer service as mentioned in many recent reviews. I am looking forward to welcoming you back and giving us a second chance.

With kind regards,

Jiri

Jiri Hlavaty
jiri.hlavaty@aria.cz

Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Loved the location, the staff were amazing, every single one of them! The room was fantastic, both space and cleanliness, the hotel restaurant served really delicious meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), can't seem to find a single fault in this luxury hotel!

I'd recommend this amazing hotel to anyone who wants to have the best holiday in Prague because it is easily one of the best hotels I've been in!

• Stayed: January 2013