“Can't say enough good things!”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Charlotte, NC
“Can't say enough good things!”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Before we even arrived to the hotel, the staff made things so easy. They arranged for a car to pick us up from the airport, which was great since it was our first time to Prague, and we were a little nervous about the language, directions, etc. They also gave us a fantastic room upgrade! The hotel itself is in a great location being a 10 minute walk from Prague Castle and a 3-4 minute walk to the Charles Bridge.

Upon arrival, we were given a tour of the hotel and a welcome drink (hurrah!). Our room was simply phenomenal - view overlooking the gardens, complimentary computer and iPad, snacks, etc. That was all on top of the "usual" vast array of toiletries, hair dryer, etc. The hotel itself had a movie theater, music library you could check out CDs from, business center - ok, it was one computer, but still - and complimentary umbrellas, which came in very handy during our stay.

The only complaints I have, and they're minor, are that smoking is allowed in the lobby/restaurant, but I just held my breath when we walked through, and the "included" breakfast could've had more options - it had meats and cheeses, some yogurt/cereal and croissants. The chef would cook you any kind of eggs you wanted as part of the included breakfast, which was great, but one morning I had to order off the a la carte menu because I was seriously hungry.

The main thing I loved is that as beautiful and luxurious as the hotel is, it didn't feel stuffy. At breakfast, I saw people in shorts, jeans, yoga pants, etc. with tousled hair and no makeup, and no one batted an eye, which I really appreciated.

Room Tip: The Mozart Suite will kill your credit card, but it's SO worth it! Awesome, six-window view of...
2 Thank Vandelay37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 31 May 2013

the hotel aria is a beautiful hotel in a great location. the entire staff will add nothing but pleasure to your Prague experience. the room size is fine and they serve a great breakfast. you also need to have a drink or dinner in their rooftop restaurant. Well worth the price.

Shldon and Jamie Caplis
Baltimore

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 28 May 2013

All staff on all levels, kind, friendly and helpful! They bent over backwards to accommodate us. Our hotel room was large and beautifully furnished. The location was near the Royal Palace and among Embassy Row. Food was excellent from breakfast. afternoon tea to dinner. The view from the hotel of Prague rivals Paris for sure. As we had to check out at 4:00 am for our flight, the manager arranged a breakfast to go that included a generous amount of wonder food, juice, milk and water. They had the taxi waiting for us at 4 sharp. This was a splurge for us. We are thankful that, for now, we are given this by the One above.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would highly recommend the Aria Hotel. The location, service and amenities were superb! Their attention to detail was outstanding. I will stay with them again when I come to Prague.
They were helpful even before I arrived by reserving me a car to/from the airport. As a solo traveler this was very important. As soon as I arrived I received the best customer service. They gave me a tour of the hotel and a complimentary drink and sorbet. It was a lovely way to start my holiday in Prague.
The location of the hotel was fantastic with a beautiful garden in the back of the hotel. Aria Hotel is easily accessible by all public transportation. It is located in the lovely old town section of with great shops, cafes and bars next door. Thank you to everyone at the Aria Hotel for making my holiday a wonderful one:)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank LoveTraveling189
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

this hotel is an absolute gem. the service was incredible and the staff don't just direct you to a location in the hotel, they take you.
The quality of the rooms, the amenities and services are par excellance. The staff are unbelieveable and the location is perfect just minutes walk to the charles bridge and old town. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone without reservation.

Room Tip: be specific on what you want and ther size of the room. you can't go wrong on any choice
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2013

The Aria Hotel lost a star from me when they overcharged us for our room and refused to make an adjustment. We had reserved a "luxury" room, but found that it faced a very busy, noisy street, so we moved to an inside room that was smaller and less "luxurious" (no separate shower, no coffee maker, poor air conditioning, etc.). The hotel charged us the "luxury" rate, however, claiming that the two rooms were the same "class." If that's true, I feel that the hotel needs to change its classes, because the room we stayed in was not comparable to the one we paid for. I'm amazed that an otherwise quality hotel would choose to squeeze a few extra Euros (or Czech crowns) out of us rather than charge us a fair rate and leave us wanting to come back, but that's how Pavel at the front desk chose to handle it. Even when our travel agent tried to get a refund, the Aria wouldn't budge. Money was more important to them than customer satisfaction.

To be fair, though, in most other respects, the hotel was high-quality and the service very good. Staff made good recommendations for restaurants and were helpful in answering questions, arranging an airport car, etc. The property also has a beautiful garden and a nice restaurant with a stunning rooftop view. Beware that the restaurant prices are as much for the view as the food, however. Location also is good: close to the castle area and to Charles Bridge, but not too close. It's a bit of a walk to get to sights on the east side of the river, but nice to be away from the tourist throngs.

One issue with our room - other than being in the wrong "class" - was the poor air conditioning. We had it turned all the way up, but the room was always too warm and stuffy (weather was in the 80s Fahrenheit). The shower head also fell off at one point, but the hotel replaced it promptly.

Another small issue was that there was no coffee maker in our room. Interestingly, when I asked about it, I was told that coffee makers came standard in the original room we booked, but not in the room where we stayed (further proof that the two rooms weren't actually the same "class," after all).

Bottom line: The Aria Hotel has a musical theme in its furnishings and artwork, but what could have been a harmonious stay ended on a very sour note. To hold onto an extra few dollars, they lost our business for good.

Room Tip: Rooms off of the main street are much quieter, but make sure you get the room price in writing. Don...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TripBlazer
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your review, we do appreciate each and every guest comment as it constantly helps us to improve our services.

I am only just surprised you did not address this issue earlier as I would be able to react faster since this has happened during your stay back in September 2012.

I would like to address few things here :

You have booked a Double Deluxe Room for your stay and this room was allocated to you upon check in. All of our Deluxe Double Rooms are equipped with exactly the same amenities , the only difference is room decor according to Music floors dedicated to a certain genre - Contemporary, Classical , Opera and Jazz.

Junior Suites or Luxury One Bedroom Suites feature added values and extended amenities.

All of our staff is consistently checked by the management in order to provide the highest level of customer service and if you have experienced any lack of this service please be so kind and contact me directly in order to discuss this.

I truly believe we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to ARIA Hotel in the near future and I will personally make sure you will have a great stay as thousands of customers sharing positive feedback about our luxury boutique music themed hotel in Prague.

Best regards,

Jiri Hlavaty
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Location. ++
Staff is excellent. They even remember the bday and had a complimentary cake sent to our room.
Fresh fruits every day .
The housekeeping staff was very nice lady and had our room cleaned promptly.
The front desk - everyone were extremely helpful.
Staff at breakfast was prompt.
I will recommend this to everyone , and I will come back and stay again here without hesitation.

Room Tip: Every room is themed after a music composer. :)
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family