“Beautiful Hotel with a warm welcome”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 649 Hotels in Prague
NY
“Beautiful Hotel with a warm welcome”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Aria on our last trip to Prague and were so happy to return. The hotel is beautiful, comfortable and in a great location. The staff is fabulous and accommodating. The concierge recommended a superb guide to show us the places we have not seen on previous trips. We had the most wonderful lunch on the roof top. It was so special since it was our 45th anniversary! The chef came up with our scallops on a slate which said "happy anniversary". We had excellent service from Stefan who recommended the wines for our lunch. Their mushroom soup was one of the best I've ever eaten. My husband had the sea bass which was perfection! We will return to the Aria.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Babsiebarcelona,

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review of your second time at the ARIA Hotel in Prague.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your special anniversary stay at the hotel and that you felt warmly welcomed by my team. We enjoy creating a warm and family like atmosphere here at our hotel and I am glad that you appreciated the "home away from home" feel.

We pride ourselves on our high level of service here at the ARIA Hotel and I am thrilled that you recognized the dedication and professionalism of the staff. I will be sure to thank all of my team on your behalf for taking such good care of you, especially our concierge who helped you to create a nice program for your leisure time and Stefan and the restaurant team who made sure your lunch at CODA Restaurant's rooftop was an experience to remember.

I look forward to welcoming you once again to the ARIA Hotel!

Kind regards,

Jiri Hlavaty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We have just arrived back from a 2 night break in the Aria Hotel. We cannot praise this hotel enough. We went to celebrate our 40th birthdays, our first time away for two nights from our children so I really had researched literally all the hotels in Prague!! For us the Aria was perfect, an oasis of calm in the city yet 5 mins walk from so many of the sites. The gardens are magnificent with great photo opportunity. The music theme was great & really fun. The staff were all friendly &
really helpful. We loved the location, services & all the extra touches that made our trip so relaxing. We were even dropped up a beautiful
cake to our room! Without hesitation we would love to stay in the Aria again for both location & service.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your brilliant review of the ARIA Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent special birthday stay and I am glad that you appreciated our excellent location and how the delights of Prague are easily accessed by foot. You are right that the garden is just a perfect background for taking pictures and should you wish to send us some of them we will be pleased to share them with our social media followers.

Thank you for your compliments about the outstanding service offered by all my team, we really do appreciate when guests notice our dedication and I will be sure to thank them on your behalf.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the ARIA Hotel soon!

Kind regards,

Morgantown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I was a little hesitant about booking a room in this hotel when I saw the price, but I'm glad I decided to splurge. This hotel is in the best possible location. It is just a short walk away from the castle and Charles Bridge. It's also within walking distance of Old Town Square, although it is a longer walk. But the castle and the bridge were my favorite areas of the city. There are so many things to see, places to shop, and great restaurants.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was spacious, comfortable, and modern. The WiFi in my room worked well, and I loved listening to the playlists on the Apple TV. Unfortunately my room didn't have much of a view, but the view from the hotel's garden made up for it. Be sure to visit the beautiful garden, and climb to the top, where you'll find a great panoramic view of the city and the castle.

I didn't get a chance to visit the restaurant for dinner, but the complimentary breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
NY, NY
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I recently enjoyed a four night stay at the Aria Hotel. I would like to first commend the excellent, professional front desk staff who all speak strong English and do everything right. Good job, gentlemen and ladies!

I also enjoyed the music theme of the hotel. Each room has an apple TV and it is loaded with a great selection of diverse music. The art throughout the hotel and the music library were major pluses.

We took a junior suite and it was decently sized with an excellent bathroom with good linens and very good water pressure in the shower.

The hotel has a beautiful garden in back with a steep incline that has magnificent Prague views from the top. The roof-top cafe also has some dramatic views of Prague Castle and Mala Strana.

My only slight complaint about the hotel was in the food service. It was not at all bad, I just think it could use a little energy. The breakfast was very basic and seemed to be missing something. The restaurant upstairs, while good, suffered a bit from slow service and a difficult layout. It was also difficult to book, even for a guest.

The location of the hotel is excellent. Very close to the Bridge but you do not feel overwhelmed by tourists. It is in the embassy district so the area is very well maintained and safe. The street that it is on has some nice cafes and shops if you need a quick bite or glass of wine. Overall, I would recommend the hotel for sure. Perhaps a bit pricey but certainly a place that will not disappoint you.

Room Tip: There is no advantage to high floor room so take a lower floor with easy access to a wide staircase...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sasserscampbell
Toronto
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Stayed here with my wife and 2 "kids" ( 21 and 18 ) for 3 nights.
The hotel is perfectly located close to all the attractions in Prague a 4 minute walk from the Charles Bridge.
This hotel is updated, hip, and new. Very comfortable rooms which are reasonably large, bright well equipped bathrooms. Every room has an upmarket sound system with great variety of TV and music. Netflix is included. There is also a huge library of DVDs.
The service is outstanding throughout the hotel.
I must comment on the food. We debated whether to eat in the hotel restaurant but finally decided to do so on our last night. Don't miss the opportunity. The food was the best we experienced in Prague ( and Vienna and Salzburg for that matter ). We would have eaten here more often if we had not run out of time in Prague.

Don't miss the hotel gardens which are magnificent and peaceful too.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Tokalosh
Jiri_Hlavaty_GM, General Manager at Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Tokalosh,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback following your family break with us here at the ARIA Hotel. I was really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed on your kind words to my great team who always try their best to meet our guests expectations. I will also share your feedback with our Executive Chef David who will be pleased to see how happy you were with the meals naming it the best you've experienced in Prague.

Please do come and join us again soon.

My best wishes,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This being my first time going to Prague, I went on trip adviser and spent some time trying to choose a hotel. I picked a winner with this one!!!! It is located on the side under the Prague castle which is the side that i prefer after visiting Prague. It is in a central great location close to the Charles Bridge as well. The Hotel had a sedan that they used to pick up guests at the airport. It was very reasonable priced and the chauffeur was knowledgeable of the area and the hotel. He gave us a tour coming in to town from the airport. Our friends that we were meeting didn't know about this service and they took and tax. That was unfortunate for them. I think our driver name was Jacob and he was wonderful!
I had a upgrade from the basic room that our friends received and I loved it!! Our friends room was large as well especially for Europe standards and quite nice as well.
The check-in was a breeze and the Staff were wonderful, even the new trainee which was getting her name tag the next day. We kidded with them and I can't say enough about the Staff at this Hotel always smiling and very helpful.
We had to transfer to the Corinthian to start our cruise and it was a different experience there.
I also went on trip advisor for our first dinner. I chose Bellevue and it was wonderful!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank horselover11
Dear Horselover11,

Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed and charming review of your stay at the ARIA Hotel in Prague. It certainly sounds like you and your friends had a very special stay, enjoying many of the excellent facilities the hotel has to offer. All of the staff at ARIA strive to go the extra mile to exceed every guest's expectations, we are delighted that we were able to achieve this, and to offer you an upgrade as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance at any time.

Warm regards,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I loved this city! I loved this hotel! I could wax poetic on its virtues: location in the Little Quarter, views everywhere, helpful staff, hotel spotless, decor superb, comfy bed, excellent bathroom, Apple TV and music choices, access to the gardens out back, breakfast buffet, etc.etc. We had one issue with room service and a burger not cooked appropriately, but the apple strudel made up for it :). Look at the website, read other reviews, and know they are telling the truth! I've stayed at numerous five star hotels around the world and this deserves the accolades.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear dm125,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay at the ARIA Hotel in Prague. We are very pleased you had the opportunity to experience the fabulous facilities the hotel has to offer, especially the in-room Apple TV with wide choice of albums, songs and movies, the beautiful Vrtbovska garden, and the breakfast buffet served in the hotel's Winter Garden. We very much appreciate your kind compliments and look forward to welcoming you back on your return visit.

Kind Regards,