“There are not enough stars to rate this hotel”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #9 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 23 February 2009

from the very beggining until the end of our stay we had a fantastic experience in Aria! We have travelled a lot and stayed in very good hotels so far, including several 5 * hotels, but none like Aria. I can describe myself as a picky traveller, always reading lots of reviews beforehand and looking for unique places at a reasonable price. We loved Aria because you feel like home, relaxed, culturally motivated, entertained, spoiled.... to say the least. The music concept is unique, having a music library where you can download a wide range of music into the DvD you are provided upon check-in, it is something we have never experienced before in any hotel. The excellent live piano music during the evenings, the great and varied selection of ambience music, the music theme on the food, etc.... just unique. The rooms are inspiring, great clean design, not too modern, not too classic, just the perfect mixture, really nice and chic decoration, tasty, super comfortable and very cosy. The restaurant offers great service and excellent modern european food. The waiters were very knowledgable and always helpful to suggest variations to a picky client like me :-) (David was really good!)
The location is more than perfect, on a quiet and well kept street, away from crowds but only just few steps away from Charles Bridge and all main attractions. The hotel has amazing views to St. Nicolas Church and the city, as well as wonderful gardens. It also has a unique roof terrace ( that we could not use due to the bad weather in February) with the most amazing views of the city. We can only imagine what it is like to eat there during summer time...
The concierge service is incredible, Ivana, is a treasure, full of knowldege. She told us so many interesting stories about the places we were going to visit, gave great recommendations, and spent a lot of time with us inspiring us with her enthusiam about music, Chek history and culture. It was really fun chatting to her.
And last but not least, they really enjoy complimenting their clients. We were given complimentary homemade chocolates by the chef on an evening after a light dinner, and a chocolate cake and a bottle of wine was left on our room as a compliment to celebrate our wedding anniversary!! What else can we ask? Experiencing Aria hotel combined with such amazing city as Prague is the perfect holiday to relax, get inspired and feel pampered. We will definetely go back and would recommend this hotel without any doubt!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank viajeraNorway
Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed 21 February 2009

Although my reason for staying was a business trip, I brought my wife and one-year old son to enjoy the sights of Prague, albeit covered in snow. The trip, itself, was a great success largely because of the wonderful staff and the accomodations at the Aria. Having stayed at many luxury hotels throughout Europe, I cannot think of one that matched the overall experience of having stayed at the Aria. The obvious compliments have already been mentioned before (amazing and attentive staff, rooftop restaurant view of the city, beautiful garden, musical themes) but there are others worth mentioning.

First, for someone who loves music, a proper stereo and speakers are necessary. Our room had a receiver, DVD player, TV, and iPod dock AND two standing front speakers (both the DVD player and receiver were Harman Kardon). Relative to any other hotel I've ever stayed in, the Aria hit a homerun with this setup. Having a reasonably good (but AMAZING for a hotel) audio setup such as this is a testament to their dedication to music. The selection of music preinstalled on the iPod is both vast in scope and depth for most music fans (excepting the 10-25 year old crowd). We particularly liked the Ella Fitzgerald selections. Of course, if you prefer to use your own iPod, no problem (we did that as well with our iPod Nano).

Living in Paris, we are fairly accustomed to a rewarding dining experience/scene. Our dining experiences at the Coda Restaurant were excellent, amplified considerably by the value. We condsider Coda on par with some of the best restaurants that we have been to (Michelin and non-Michelin). Although, both the concierge and one of the servers attested to the growing sophistication and strength of the Prague culinary scene, we found it difficult to indulge in dinners elsewhere. We enjoyed both the traditional Czech cuisine as well as some of the international cuisine and their recommendations on Czech wine were surprisingly pleasant. Breakfast was not as strong as dinner but still very pleasant and more than adequate.

Finally, there were the small things that counted big. As a family of three (including the baby), we received three complimentary bottles of water each day, not the normal two. This was particularly useful as our son loves water, not to mention that they were complimentary (not a foregone conclusion even with luxury hotels). The bathtub has a full shower curtain, not just a half curtain. There is a computer in the room with a nice flatscreen monitor for those not inclined to bring a laptop (or, in my case, for someone tired of using a travel mouse). The hotel has a nice selection of movies for sign-out (free is always good) although this might be less ideal in peak tourist season (just conjecture here). The concierge has a few kiddie/baby toys (including Legos) available in case parents forget theirs or just need something new for the baby (as we did). We did not sample the music salon although just walking through it was plenty pleasurable. The seats are nice and comfy and the screen more than big enough to give a movie theater feel (if this is how they might use it).

We are planning on returning to Prague after the snow departs and will most certainly stay at the Aria. I cannot recommend the Aria enough.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank eurofjr
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I booked directly with the hotel via their website. When my flight was cancelled I phoned the hotel and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. I rebooked a few days later and also included a chauffeur driven limousine from the airport. It made the journey completely effortless and set the scene perfectly.
Prague has lots of hills and lots of cobbles, so even a wheeled suitcase can be hard work. The Aria is located in Mala Strana, not far from Charles Bridge. Iron gates guard the entrance that leads into a marble reception area. The (high) quality of the hotel was immediately obvious. All of the staff were polite and welcoming. After check-in we were given a very quick tour of the dining area, and library, and then the porter led us to our room on the second floor. There was a slightly comical episode when he opened the lift door for us and then sprinted up the stairs with our suitcase, and arrived before us. Our rooms were a small sitting area (with tv, dvd player, computer and minibar) a bedroom (with tv) and a long and narrow bathroom (with a shower rather than a bath). The porter explained how to use the room's iPod with the computer, pointed out the minibar and air-conditioning and then left (saving me the embarrassment of explaining that I couldn't tip because I didn't have any local currency). There was a complimentary bottle of wine and a basket of fruit on the table. I showered and changed before going out. The shower was enormous, but not very powerful and the taps were a little too sensitive so it was difficult to get the temperature just right. The mosaic floor was worn down and needed some repair. There was one more disappointment in the bathroom; the plug in the sink was apparently only for design effect.
On our way out we checked the menu for the restaurant. It seemed a bit pricey, which is a shame because the dining area is very smart and there is live piano tinkling. The hotel is close to a metro station and trams, but we walked everywhere - castle, Mozart museum, Charles Bridge, Old town Square, Museum and Opera. The walk wasn't enough for me, so I tried the hotel gym. It was small but perfectly formed (multigym with a few free weights, a treadmill, a bike, a ball and a mat). Afterwards I sat in the (incredibly hot) steamroom for 10 minutes. I think gym receptionist doubles as a masseur.
We made our first visit to the music&dvd library to choose a film to watch later and then headed out to the restaurant next door, and remembered how it used to be when people could smoke in public. After the film we tucked up in a very firm bed and slept soundly until 10am the next morning. Thankfully, breakfast is served 'til 11am. Cereals, croissants, cakes, fruit, cheese and cold meats were available as part of the (inclusive) buffet. We didn't try "a la carte" because £8 for an egg seemed a little bit much (or maybe we got the exchange rate wrong!).
After a day out at the castle and a night out at the opera we had another perfect nights sleep, and then after breakfast we went back to the hotel library. We had a long and very informative chat with Dr Ivana Stehlikova about opera and music in Prague. It is well worth speaking to her before booking tickets.
The check-out was quick and easy. The limousine back to the airport was effortless. I'd definitely rate Aria as one of the best hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2009

My reason for staying at the Aria Hotel was because I was planning to get engaged.

On arrival, I received immaculate treatment from all the staff, very warm and frendly, also mindful and considerate to my plans, making my fiancé and I feel very welcome to a personal level.

My detailed request exceeded my expectations as we both were given a beautiful room with a view of the lovely garden. And the simple personal greeting set a relaxed mood from the moment we stepped though the front door.

A card was timely arranged a car pickup from the airport by the hotel and champagne in our room on arrival which required absolutely no effort on my part other than one simple chat. Class A+ service.

I advised your staff that I would be getting engaged during my stay but didn’t know the area too well. Staff took a lot of time compiling a fantastic list of ideas and mailed them to me before we arrived. Also staff arranged a breath taking breakfast in the room on the morning of our last day at the hotel, perfecting setting the mood of romance and class. Exquisite 5 Star service!

I would highly recommend this hotel and visit again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2009

The hotel is about 150 yards from Charles Bridge, in the embassy/Palace quarter. The restaurant is in the central courtyard, which has a glass atrium and is stunning. But we ate in the rooftop dining area, which is literally on the roof, providing amazing views of the Palace. Once the sunset it was slightly chilly, but patio heaters and personal rugs solved that problem.

The rooms are all music-themed, our room was on the Opera floor. All rooms have a complementary Ipod pre-loaded with a wide selection of music. The room and bathroom were very comfortable and spotless.

We ate out on our last night, and when we returned realised w had missed a delightful piano show in the inner courtyard dining room.

There is a lovely terraced garden to the rear, though I was reprimanded for lying on the grass in the sun!

Que sera - we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2009

The Aria is a lovely hotel. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious-( we were on a b and b basis) but ate at the hotel one night. Our room was on the top floor with sloping walls and a great view over the city. We walked everywhere as the hotel was convienient for the castle and the city centre-you need comfy footwear! We would recommend the hotel to friends.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2009

The many positive comments about the Aria Hotel are absolutely accurate. I based my decision to stay there on those reviews, and I was very happy I did.

The total experience was wonderful. The staff extremely gracious; the location was perfect (everything in walking distance); the concierge (Ivana and Martina) were patient and very helpful: the decor was beautiful; the breakfasts were excellent; the rooms spacious and immaculate. I will recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Prague.

Watching fireworks over Prague from the roof top terrace at midnight on New Year's Eve was the finale to a wonderful stay at a beautiful hotel in a world-class city.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple