“A PERFECT Hotel from which to experience all that prague has to offer”

Aria Hotel Prague by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #8 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 12 April 2010

My teenaged daughter and i stayed at the Aria for a long girls' weekend - the package we had booked included airport transfers, (which worked out great), a City tour (we toured the Mala Strana and the Prague castle with Vladimir who was wonderful and a great deal of fun to be with), dinner at Coda (absolutely delicous with impeccable service) and a delicious full breakfast daily. I have nothing but positive things to say about the staff - especially the concierge who went our of her way to help us arrange fun and interesting things to do and shared many of her personal experiences witth us regarding the fall of Communism which was truly fascinating to talk about. The hotel is perfectly situated - close to the American Embassy and on what i would consider to be the quieter side of town - which you really appreciate after a long day of hustle and bustle. Much better location than Four Seasons which we also considered. Truly a lovely trip - I would go again in a minute!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank msmithNewJersey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed 7 April 2010

Business travel is at once frequent and not something I relish...unless my destination is Prague and my hotel is the Aria, my favorite lodging anywhere except home. I frequent decent places while on travel; however, none measure up to this little jewel in the heart of Prague. They are virtuosos from arrival to departure and every ‘note’ in between. Everything appears within walking distance and, if it rains, the hotel offers big umbrellas. I have only two complaints: first, I don’t get to Prague enough and next, when I am in Prague, my discretionary time is limited. My next visit will be on my own time and to be sure, at the Aria.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelingTravis67
Reviewed 4 April 2010

I just got back from a wonderful 6 days in the romantic capital of the Czech Republic, Prague. I made reservations to the Aria Hotel via the web site, and ordered a Junior suite. I also made arrangements via the website for a limousine service to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. The charge for this is 52 Euros. we arrived at the airport at 9 am, and there was our driver with a sign and our name on it. All I can say is that It makes life that much easier. We arrived at 1000 at the hotel, and despite the early arrival (check in time for the hotel is usually at 1500) we were immediately given our room. The reception received us and gave us a quick tour of the hotel. She explained that the hotel is completely conceptualized around music and musicians and that we were given the Leonard Bernstien room AKA room no# 308. We were given two keys that look like old type immobilizers for cars in the shape of musical notes and also an ipod charged with hundreds of songs (you could probably not leave the room for days and not hear the same song twice). The room itself is on the 3rd floor, out of five, at the end of the corridor we found a lovely decorated room, with a flat screen and PC, enormous bed, huge bath room, with a double sink, walk in power shower and a separate huge bath tub. All of the amenities were lovely (according to my wife) and of top notch. Like many of the hotels around the world the Aria is also being green in a way that only towels you feel need to be washed are put in the bath, the rest are left for another day. The room was cleaned everyday and the turn down service was prompt and efficient.
Breakfast was a great experience. Every morning we were met with an extensive bar with salads, smoked salmon, cakes, fruit, pastries, cereal and well you get the idea. Fresh fruit juice and coffee were served at the table and then you could order a hot cocked breakfast a full English if that’s what you like, eggs any which way, french toast et al. In short a great way to start your walking days.
Coda is the in house restaurant. Top class, quite expensive but well worth the atmosphere and the tastes well, you have to taste it to believe it. I highly recommend you try this first class experience.
Problems – after the first night we woke up at around 8 in the morning at the sound of somebody hammering. When we went down to the lobby I mentioned it to the clerk whom gave me a very unsatisfied look. She said that there are small maintenance works going on throughout the hotel in order to prepare for the high season. She promised to look in to it and that was the last knocking we heard all week. So apart from the "sour puss" all was sorted out. Changing of the guard (between staff shifts) wasn't the most effective either. Due to our need for a late check out we spoke to one of the front desk girls whom promised us a temporary room from the last morning. The message didn't quite get across to the next shift, so she call to consult the clerk that gave us the promise, and indeed by the time we had finished breakfast our suitcases had been shifted to our new room (415 Paccini – deluxe room).
Service – while we did have some good experience with the service in the hotel we generally came away with a feeling that the service givers of the Czech Republic don't genuinely care much for how the punters feel. It’s a shame really because if they would have gone that extra mile it would have made our stay perfect.
Despite this, if you are looking for a boutique hotel in the high end of Prague, with romance, music, history and good food all around, I would definitely recommend Aria. The great location with restaurants, historical monuments and parks all in walking distance make this hotel the gem that it is. If I visit Prague again I would absolutely stay at the Aria Hotel.

1  Thank peter1973
Reviewed 3 April 2010

This is the most luxurious place we have ever stayed in in Europe - compares favourably with the Middle East's best. The staff are pleasant and polite - this in Prague which is not known for its service standards!

Reviewed 29 March 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Aria Hotel for two days. The Hotel has a small number of bedrooms and offers a personal service .I cannot rate the Hotel highly enough there was extremely good quality service and the food is first rate , you will even get a tour of the kitchens ! The concierge , Martina , was very helpful providing excellent advice on what to see and helping to organise city tours . The Hotel which is ideally situated for visting the castle and is only a short walk from the Charles Bridge is very peaceful and quiet . A really spledid experience

3  Thank Cheshiretraveller01
Reviewed 20 March 2010

My partner and I stayed at The Aria with our best friends in February, for 3 days.
Due to delayed flights we arrived half way through the night.
We received a warm welcome by the lovely staff and were shown to our beautiful rooms, Junior Suites, in fact, which were simply beautiful.
A chilled bottle of wine and bowl of fruit were complimentary.
A really nice touch.
Location was perfect.
Quiet but in the heart of Mala Strana, our favourite part of Prague.
Breakfast was served in tranquil surroundings and freshly squeezed orange juice was available, if you asked.
We are very fussy and found nothing to complain about at The Aria.
It was a little piece of heaven.
Try it. You certainly wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank pragueophile
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We stayed in Aria over Christmas 2009 for one week. This really is a wonderful hotel. We had a junior suite which looked over the rooftops of Prague. The room was fine, comfy bed etc. The best thing though about the hotel is the breakfast area, bar, library room with open fire and restaurant. The common area of this hotel is gorgeous. As it was Christmas time the room was superbly decorated, very tasteful. The DVD selection was good for those cold winter afternoons and the location is superb. The hotel staff were more than helpful and the room was spotlessly clean. I would stay here again in Prague and I definately recommend the hotel restaurant - we ate there 3 times in the evenings and each night the food/service were superb. If you like wine, try some local whites. The traminers and chardonnays are wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple