“Nice hotel very good location”

Boutique Hotel Seven Days
Ranked #38 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I chose hotel Seven Days due to location and good reviews here on tripadvisor. Overall, it was a great 3-night stay. The building is old but maintained and has a lot of characters. My room was large and all needed amennities were functioning very well. Free unlimited wireless internet was not all that speedy but served the purpose. The small flatscreen TV has quite a few news channels in English. The bed was comfortable and the large bathroom has everything you would expect from this class of hotel. The towels may not "luxury" and are due for replacement. Not a big deal for me but just wanted to mention so others are aware of it.

The check-in was pleasant. I arrived a few hours early and was lucky to get checked in right away. The Czech bell boy was good looking and very helpful in showing me to my room and pointed out all the amenities.

The breakfast was not spectacular but quite sufficient with warm and cold selections including eggs, bacons, sausages. Coffee machine is provided so you make your own. Juices were a bit watery. Fruit selections are quite limited. Anyway, breakfast is fine but don't expect anything fancy.

The hotel location is close to public transportation (5 min walk). It is also close enough to walk to Wenceslas Square which is a busy thoroughfare flanked by a lot of shops and restaurants. The immediate vicinity may look iffy for some. Two sex shops are directly across.

I visited a few night clubs near Regrovy Sady. They are close enough to walk to and from (1 km or .6 mi). Very useful since public transportation late at night is limited. Taxi charges about 200 Czech crowns (~$10 US) flat rate within Prague so it gets expensive if you have to do that too often.

Overall, I enjoyed my stayed at this hotel. It is good for young people or people who desire good location and reasonable price but do not mine a few shortcomings. For people desire a true 4 start experience, I would suggest they look elsewhere. For myself, I will gladly come back to Seven Days next time I visit Prague.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank CliveNYC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I went to Prague for the first time with a group of friends for my 30th Birthday. I searched the internet for hours to find the right hotel and was really glad we decided on the Seven Days Hotel! Lovely, friendly staff. Walking distance to all the main attractions, plentiful breakfast, spacious, well decorated rooms. Really enjoyed our stay and on my birthday the staff left me a present in our room which I thought was lovely!! Thanks to all the staff for making our stay special. Prague is a beautiful city and I recommend to anyone who fancies a city break, who likes to explore.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed at this wonderful hotel for 6 nights. We took advantage of the pick up service from the hotel at the airport. We are a family of four and stayed in the very spacious family room which consisted of a full bath, half bath, two comfortable twin beds and a queen bed in a separate room, loveseat, two chairs, desk, refrigerator, tv, free WIFI and a terrific breakfast buffet. The buffet was from 7-11 which is great if a person wants to sleep in some mornings. The breakfast buffet was a lot better and had more items than other European buffets. The hotel is across the street from a great Italian restaurant Trattortia Caciola (see my review) and a 10 minute walk from Wencelas Square. If you are looking for ATM machines, there are many along this square. Zara, H & M and other shops are located along the Na Prikkope St. which is at the other end of the statue on Wencelas Square. If you want to go to the Prague Castle, go two blocks south to catch the Tram 22. There is a wonderful Tesco Dept store with a large grocery store in the basement about a 15 minute walk from the hotel. It is located on the corner of Narodni and Spalena Streets. There are tram stops there as well but they are usually crowded. The people at the front desk of the hotel are very nice and helpful. We were able to get ice in a large stein at the bar everyday. I would highly recommend this hotel. Technically, it is located in Praha 2. This is a quiet hotel as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Lovely hotel not far from Wencelsas Square. Excellent breakfast, and had lunch on last day of trip which was very good, the staff very polite and helpful.Spacious quiet room and cleaned and kept to high standards. Would certainly return and recommend. Loved Prague !!! very interesting.

Room Tip: Rooms 503 and 502 very quiet with air conditioning Bright and sunny
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I was alerted to this hotel when looking through trip advisor website whilst I searched for a hotel in Prague.I stayed here for 2 nights with a colleague and if I was in Prague again I would not even bother looking at any other hotel,its perfect.Its not exactly in the middle of everything,it is a nice 10 minutes stroll to the main tourist spots.
I was gone from the hotel when I realised that I had left my wallet, cash and credit cards in my room.This can mean a disaster in some locations.However,I returned that night and everything was left neat on a table in the room.This was a huge relief to my and I commend the hotel staff for their honesty and integrity.............WELL DONE!!
The hotel was spotless and I felt there was a nice athmosphere there.It also offers excellent value.
Prague is beautiful,but you need to have your wits about you after dark.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We required a hotel that was central to the best of Prague's (Praha) attractions and one that provided quality of service at a price that suited our pockets. The seven days came up trumps in all areas, the hotel is fairly unassuming from the outside, situated on a busy intersection just off Vanclavske Square (Wenceslas), with a facade that looks typical of the historic nature of Praha. When you enter the hotel the layout, quality, standard is what I have come to expect from a hotel that offs 4 stars and delivers just that. It is pretty evident when you walk around Prague that virtually every hotel proclaims itself as 4 star but I am very sure few of them actually meet the standard, this hotel does, easily. During our stay the hotel was undergoing some renovation putting the main dining room out of action, with building work being carried out between 08.00 - 16.00, but to the general public you would never have known. Dining was transferred to the main bar, all building work was hidden from sight and construction noise was never heard, my congratulations go out to the hotel team for keeping the customers happy at all costs during this time. The rooms are well apportioned, a good size and come with all the extras that make a hotel 4 star, the hotel has a gym (basic) sauna, massage and a hot tub that you can exclusivly hire for romantic seclusion. Breakfast taken in the bar was comfortable, unrushed and the quail of the food exceptional. Booking and booking out was quick and uneventful and our final bill came in cheaper than our Internet booking due to the favourable exchange rate to the the GB pound. We even took advantage of the hotel transport to the airport at the end of our trip which went from door to door and cost less than a standard taxi trip. So all in all this hotel was everything I hoped it would be, affordable quality and comes with a heartfelt recommend from me and my wife who is Czech born and for whom pride in hr nation and capital is paramount.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank colpro
hotelsevendays, Director of Sales at Boutique Hotel Seven Days, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words. We do our best to make the stay of our guests as pleasant as possible. When our guests are happy with our services than our efforts make sense. Thanks again.
Yours sincerely,
Radka Konigsmarkova
Sales Manager

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Hotel is excellent with very good location just couple of minutes walking to metro stations(Museum and I.P. Pavlova), tram stations (I.P. Pavlova)...Room was spacious with everything you neede. Staff is friendly and helpful, very polite. Breakfast was very good. For every recomendation in my oppinion. Will come back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Igor15
hotelsevendays, Director of Sales at Boutique Hotel Seven Days, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and had a nice time in Prague.
Radka Konigsmarkova