Hotel Atos
US$301
US$203
Official Site
1,009 results
All reviewstram stopcharles bridgeold townpetrin hillluggage roomprague castlemala stranafifth floorreception staffwithin walking distanceper daybars and restaurantscity centrebreakfast roomyogurtbudget hotelmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Ignore the negative reviews. The rooms are fairly basic but very clean and the staff are very friendly. It's in a really good location, we stayed 4 nights & had 3 full days & walked everywhere. It's no longer than a 20 to 30 minute walk to any of the major tourist attractions. The only piece of advice I would give anyone visiting Prague is to exchange your money at Xchange on Kaprova near the Old Town Square, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF at all the kiosks offering no commission, I got over 1000 crowns less for the same amount of sterling exchanging at a kiosk as opposed to XChange. Overall Prague is a beautiful city and I would definitely stay at the Atos again. Oh and the beer is great!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy C
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Location - very good. If you're up to it, you could walk from the hotel to a lot of the points of interest like the Charles Bridge and since Prague is beautiful in every corner, it will be worth walking. There's a tram station about a block or 2 away that takes you to Wenceslas Square and the city center. The hotel is also close to many shops, small restaurants and a supermarket.

Staff - they don't speak very good English but they're very friendly and helpful. They helped me book a tour and a dinner cruise and called the companies an hour before I was to be picked up just to be sure. I walked a lot on my second day and they patiently wrote directions on the map they gave me.

Room - big enough for 2 people, furniture was old but very clean and the linens smelled nice.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I have just retuened last night from staying 5 nights at Hotel Atos. I can honestly rate this hotel as 5/5 on all aspects.
I didn't arrive till about midnight, due to flight delays, and had prebooked a taxi there, once I arrived, I was greeted with a friendly and warm smile, I quickly checked in, and the lady on reception took my suitcase up to my room for me.
The building is absolutely beautiful, in keeping with the area, the inside has lovely wrought iron railings on the staircase, and also a lift serviceing all floors.
My room was on the 2nd floor, despite being a solo traveller, I had a double room, the room was lovely and frsh, clean, really high ceilings, the bathroom was well porportioned, with WC, washbasin and a lovely corner shower. In the bathroom was a fixed shower gel dispenser in there, also a hairdryer in the bathroom.
In the bedroom, I had twin beds, usual unit and chair, a large wardrobe, safe, which had a charge of 30chk per day (which was approximately £1.10 per day), plus 40chz depoist, refundable on return.
I found usefull, that there was a 2 coat hooks in the room. There was tv with limited channels, mini bar, wasn't too bad priced, mini wine was 50chz, (£2), 500ml coke (£1.50) water (1.00), but I used the fridge for my own drinks brought in.
There was a large fan in the room, which kept me cool, the cleaniness was the highest standard, I found that the rooms had been cleaned by dinnertime, fresh towels everyday.
Breakfast was self service, this was ok, better than basic, but not super, there was a fair selection of cereals, yogurts, meat, cheeses,rolls, bread, every type of tea and coffee you could imagine.
The hotel was located in lesser town,this is not far from the castle and can be walked to from the hotel, as well as the main attractions in prague.
There is a tram stop just on the main road, and you can pre-buy your tram pass from the hotel, 90min pass 32chk, (£1.10) day pass 110chz (£4.40) or you could buy a 3 day pass.
For any information regarding excursions, directions, recommendations, I found the reception staff to be really helpful, and would assist in any way they could.

Out and about - Food
The hotel is b+b, there are plenty of venues to eat, at the restaurant/bar by the hotel,medduzy, a bottle of coke was 38chz (£1.50), lovely to grab a drink and watch the world go by, their was a good selection of food, varying in prices, but on average 150chz + £5 plus, and at the point of my visit, hotel guests had 10% discount voucher.

Just in the opposiate direction, there was a lovely Italian restaurant, the prices were brilliant, I had a takeaway pizza came to £4. (30% discount, ), eat in was about £6+.

There was starbucks, mcdonalds, other restaurants, all in walking distance.

Supermarkets - there was a tesco, 5 mins walk, but also a supermarket on the corner near hotel, and a mini tabac shop facing the hotel, so all snack, drinks need are met.

I would definately return to this hotel, and can't recommend it highly enough. I was luckly enough to pay £33 for b+b, at that price, I couldn't complain.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank cheryll777
Monika H, Manager at Hotel Atos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2011

Dear Cheryl,
we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we grateful for your possitive feedback.. We are trying to improve our services all the time and our aim is happy and satisfied guest. Reception works 24 hours a day and the reception staff tries to help our guests with any issue. We will be happy if you come back to our hotel.

Best regards

Jan Sedláček

Reviewed 12 September 2011

I ordered two rooms, non smoking. Got there, my companion's room: great. Mine: On the top floor; one hot, non-airconditioned dingy room with two single beds hed-two-toe (that's how narrow it was),; furniture which looked it had survived "former times"; one small, filthy window which opened to the courtyard below. From this courtyard eminated the stench of rubbish and the exhaust of a restaurant. Then I saw the ash-tray.
I was relocated to a much cooler room with hich ceilings, rooms overlooking the street, comfortable bed and musch more room. Don't take the top floor.
Mostly, the staff was polite and helpful. Thze breakfast is served in the basement (not unusual) and was, for the most part, inedible (the lack of fresh air didn't help).
It is quite conveniantly located with a tram stop outside which goes both to the castle and the train station.

Room Tip: Non smoking floors. Don't take the top floor unless you're planning a loud, dubious party.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel is quite old, the room had old and worn out furniture. The sheets smelled damp and the pillows were very uncomfortable. The room had no air conditioning and with open windows it was very noisy. There was no shampoo and only gym-style liquip soat in the shower.
When we ran out (it was not full initially) I asked to refill it and the girl at the desk said, we don't do that.
We left for Vienna and when we came back, we booked a different hotel for similar price, which was much better

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family