“Poor but cheap”

Ranked #408 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Brno, Czech Republic
“Poor but cheap”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night only. I know this hotel has standard and also budget rooms. I booked standard room but must be in the budget room. The room was really small with old fashioned furniture. Walls between rooms are really paper thin, I was disturbed by neighbours (they were only speaking). You will also be disturbed by noise from corridors. Air condition was extremely noisy - it was not possible to sleep with it working. I cant feel very luxury in the bathroom.
Prices in minibar are extremely low, whisky or vodka for only 2 EUR.
Breakfast was fine, nice choice.
Location is also fine, metro station Andel is 3 minutes far.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RadovanDavid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Utrecht
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I was transferred here from another sister hotel due to them having water problems. The rooms were not very clean, the carpet, couch, and curtains were all a dirty faded color which probably caused the rooms to look a little shabby. We came here by car and had some trouble finding a suitable parking place. There are only 5 parking spots in front of the hotel so we ended up having to park at least 500 meters away along a back road. Only at night when we relocated the car were we able to park within 200 meters. So I would not advise to come to this hotel by car. There is a tram stop about 100 meters away which would be much easier to use. However the trams are not very quiet and continue to run deep into the night.
The breakfast was good, not a wide variety of choices but for the price range Hotel Andel falls in it is very nice. All in all, it was a decent hotel but not for arrival by car.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Redhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2013

When I was searching for 1 night sleep over I found out this hotel the cheapest one and of course with some standard.
Price was only 26 EUR so I was expecting some troubles however it was very nice. It was cheaper than some hostels in Zizkov without bathroom.
Location is very convenience. Just 5 min walk to metro and 10 min to Andel shopping center and surrounding business centers.
I got also parking space under me window so I was happy for that. Room was ok. For price of 26 EUR more than enough. I saw that normal price is 100-150 EUR. If I should pay this money I would leave immediately.
Bad was comfortable and bathroom clean. Only trouble was window to Radlicka street. Without air-condition you will open window for some fresh air however after 5 min you will close it because of noise from street.
You have to choose between fresh air or quiet. I take quiet and it was fine.
Breakfast was surprise very delicious. I like it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrej Ž
Nassereith, Austria
Reviewed 24 June 2013

we were really happy to find this place, our budget was low and i wanted to stay in this area because i have family living there. the first place we stayed in fort he same price was a complete dump.... so when we moved to andel we were delighted, we found it clean, nice decor, good bathroom and breakfast was totally fine. the staff were friendly and helpful. i woud happily go back there. it is a little far from the center of town if you want to walk in but at the same time for the price we paid, which was very cheap under 30euros per night for 2 people, we really had no complaints. the internet didn't work in the room, we couldn't find any english channels to watch on the TV but this didn't bother me at all. we had a lovely time.

Room Tip: we had one on the 5th floor, lots of light.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Reasonable quality for very low price. Booked via booking.com and price was about 30Eur per night.
Rooms has different quality - most of them are after reconstruction and are nice.
10minutes walking distance to Metro station (line B) and to Smichov (shopping center).

Room Tip: Only Non-smoking rooms were reconstructed at time of my visit Rooms on higher floor has nice view o...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Only a short walk away from the Andel metro station and shopping center. From there good connections to all sights. Unfortunately located directly next to a pretty busy road, which the car drivers seem to mix up with a speedway at nighttime. No good idea to sleep with open window so. However, the breakfast is really good (on czech standards) and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I guess it was pretty cheap so I can't complain too much, but it's a pretty bland old hotel. I will be staying somewhere else next time I visit Prague, even if it costs a bit more.

Rooms are a bit cramped, I think mostly because of the way they are furnished, for example the entry is very narrow due to a robe and desk. They are decorated in a very old fashioned way, and are a bit dusty and worn but not unclean. Bathroom is of a similar condition.
Location is ok, it's near public transport, though there is a derelict building across the street inhabited by homeless people.
Breakfast was underwhelming.

And that's it really, I guess for a short stay if you get the room cheap enough it might be ok...