“Not helpful and no internet”
Review of Andel

Andel
Ranked #474 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed for one night only, the room was big and clean with nice beds. However the internet access was non existent, this was a BIG minus for us - there were hotels 50 meters away with a stronger signal in the hotel. We did not manage the breakfast so not sure. When checking out they made us wait until someone could check the room, which I found quite rude. The staff in the evening was not very helpful although the lady checking us in were absolutely lovely. Because Internet is vital for us I would chose a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hellemc

Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel surpassed my expectations on all fronts. A very lovely small hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, all making sure that the hotel delivers the goods.

In the room I found the bed and pillows very comfortable which equated to sleeping peacefully and soundly through the night for all 5 days I stayed there.
I was impressed with the internet that came as complimentary in the rooms. Although at times speeds were slow which made playing videos a pain but overall pass mark for the internet.

A buffet breakfast also comes complimentary and at breakfast time there was a reasonable tasty variety to choose from each day.

Overall a very pleasant stay and I will not hesitate to stay there again on my return to Prague 5

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jnanas
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Decent hotel right new schimov station where our training arrived and left from so it was perfect walking distance.
Breakfast was enough nothing amazing but the usual for a european breakfast cheese cold meats bread etc.
Free wifi although it was in and out when I was in my room ...
Down the road from Andel and the shopping centre and plenty of restaurants away from the hustle and bustle of central Praha

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank MichelleB1989
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nothing fancy, but you get a clean room, decent breakfast and free wifi. Rooms have a LCD TV, an electric kettle, tea and coffee free of charge. It's close to the metro station, good connection with the rest of the town. If you're driving to Prague, hotel parking is a big minus, they have only three parking spots and all of them are usually taken.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Anamarija U
Reviewed 8 August 2013

First of all, the price was very attractive.

I really loved the beautiful room, which was equipped in everything a tourist may need, including, e.g.: a free of charge safe, a hair-dryer, a sewing set, an electric kettle + tea bags + sugar + cups, a shower cap, a shoe polish brush, a fridge, etc.

I was delighted with the hotel's policy about noises. Travelling I often expereice a sittuation when other hotel guests are loud at night and I can't sleep. In hotel Andel the rules are clear - noisy after 10 p.m.? you are fined. And after 10 p.m. you can sleep like a baby. Magic? I don't think so.

There are 2 types of rooms - rooms with street view and rooms with backyard view. We had the backyard view and we didn't hear the street at all, even though, according to maps, it's one of Prague's main streets. The view was on another tenement, which was quite close. We lived on the second floor and just a floor lower there was a hotel room (belonging to hotel Andel), facing our side of the building. Looking out of the window and glancing a little bit down I could see the guests from this room. If I was a stalker or something I might have liked it but I'm not, so it was a bit weird.

There was an LCD TV in our room, but we didn't use it. For TV fans there is a chart with TV programmes grouped according to languages.

Room service took care of the room every day, but it could have been a bit more accurate. I got the room cleaned the way I liked it only after leaving some extra money for the ladies.

Hotel restaurant is small and cozy. Breakfast was always fresh and nice. The choice was not very big and food was simmilar every day, but if you are not staying for too long (we were there 5 nights) it should not be a problem. I really recommend their coffee. Usually I don't drink coffee, but in hotel Andel I drank it every day. It was just too good :)

People in receprion are very friendly and helpful. I fell in love with Czech's practicality and candour. I've visited most of European countries and it was the first one where people react naturally to the fact that you may not know something and deal with everything fast and professionally. Ever expereinced the weird sittuation when you want to talk to the waiter, but he/she is not to be reached? It will never happen in Prague, where the waiter is here in the moment you think of him/her (I wonder how they do that). Every answer to my request was always "yes, of course!". This is amazing. I'm sure I will come back to Czech Republick... over and over :)

The hotel is sittuated very conveniently (metro & bus station, bus stops and tram stops are just next to the hotel) and there is absolutely no need of taking your car for a visit to Prague (we got to Prague by train). You can get everywhere very fast using public transport and there are no parkings in the city center so the car will only be a problem.

Not far from the hotel (5-7 minutes walk) there is a big shopping mall with Tesco. There are a lot of clothes shops with great salles and fantastic prices and in Tesco you can buy food and drinks for your sight-seeing trips. There is a big bakery department with diversified buns, crosiants, bread and sandwitches - both sweet and sour and you will surely find something for you.

Lunches and dinners are not included in the price, but it is very convenient ot eat out. In a neighbouring tenement there is a fantastic pizzeria with great pizza. Well... it's not a restaurant, but a take out. You can eat there, but the lady doesn't speak English and you will not get a plate or any cutlery. So I recommend to buy a pizza and take it to the hotel room. The place does not look good, but their pizza is really delicious.

Minuses:
- If you intend to come by car, there are only 4 free places in front of the hotel.
- There's no air-conditioning in rooms.
- The wi-fi signal was quite bad in our room (better in the corridor).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SylverKa
Reviewed 24 July 2013

The hotel itself was fine and in a good position to walk into the city if you like a walk, but also with great public transport links very close by.
However it was the hotel's fantastic staff which really stood out. Very friendly, helpful and charming. Cant commend them highly enough.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank newsonp542
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night only. I know this hotel has standard and also budget rooms. I booked standard room but must be in the budget room. The room was really small with old fashioned furniture. Walls between rooms are really paper thin, I was disturbed by neighbours (they were only speaking). You will also be disturbed by noise from corridors. Air condition was extremely noisy - it was not possible to sleep with it working. I cant feel very luxury in the bathroom.
Prices in minibar are extremely low, whisky or vodka for only 2 EUR.
Breakfast was fine, nice choice.
Location is also fine, metro station Andel is 3 minutes far.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business